LensCrafters / poor customer service

Recently I purchased a pair of glasses from the Lens Crafter store in Tupelo, MS. The girl who fitted me told me that if anything was wrong with the glasses to return in 2 weeks. I did and told her that the bifocal needed to be lowered. She tried to adjust them and told me to bring them back if they weren't right and I did, once again and asked if I should send them off to be remade. She again told me that she could adjust them and the next day I brought them back to be adjusted and she tried once again and told me to wait 2 more weeks. I did' In the meantime I dropped my glasses and had a scratch on the lens and took them in to repair them explaining that the bifocals were still too high and lenses needed to be remade because I was tired of coming back and forth for adjustments. This time she told me that my time had run out for coverage and that it would cost my over $100 to replace the lenses. The same girl had put me off so that she wouldn’t have to deal with sending my glasses off. I use to work for an Optometrist and knew that the bifocals needed to be lowered. She was smart with me and I felt just to prove a point that she knew everything she took the matter in her own hands avoiding to let the technicians take care of the problem. This woman was of African American descent, in her 30's and because I was white, did everything possible to prove that she was running the show. I feel that I shouldn't have to pay for the lenses, because I feel she did this on purpose, trying to be Smart, instead of following the proper procedure. I work for the government and have a very intense job using my eyes. My glasses need to be exact. I explained this to her and she actually was very offensive that I had such a job.

Va

Comments

19th of Sep, 2008

ahhhh quit complaining you have your glasses right ...

• Ve
      24th of Sep, 2008

Cant believe you threw in the RACE card... that's a damn shame.. she probably sensed you was a BIGOT and acted that way just because its the thing to do with people like you... i know i would've!!!

• Br
      19th of Mar, 2009

Once you realized she was not able to repair the problem you should have thanked her for her efforts and taken it to the Optometrist who would have repaired it very easily. You were too concerned about offending which was not necessary as it was about your glasses and nothing else - right? There was no reason to have to prove anything re the race thing and I don't understand why you felt you even needed to mention it...I'm sure she doesn't care - why did you feel you needed to prove anything to her...? You were too concerned about the wrong thing and it backfired on you...

4th of Mar, 2010

I purchased a pair of glasses on jan 20th of this year from lenscrafters in springfield il.Since they were progressive bifocals they had to be ordered, which took ten days to get them. When I got the glasses I also purchased the eyeglass cleaning kit-wet cloths, dry cloths and spray cleaner. I told the sales associate that my job took me away for 30 days at a time and I would be gone until 5 days after the 30 day warranty was up and she said she would make a note of that so I would have a chance to bring them back when I got back home if I had a problem. Well, I had a problem. The third day after I was back at my job, I went off watch and went to my room to shower and then go eat. After getting out of the shower I decided to clean my glasses. I rinsed the lenses with warm water, let them drip dry and then spritzed them with the lense cleaner, then took one of the lense cloths out of the box and proceeded to do the right lense, immediately a big scratch was formed in the center down to the bottom of the lense. Lenscrafters says my warranty is out but will replace the lense for half price, So mch for the associates note and the damage was caused by something on the cleaning cloths I bought from them. I have a LOT of friend s family that wear glasses.Quess where they WON'T be getting their glasses from

6th of Mar, 2010

Lenses that are multifocal and have antiglare can not be processed in store exclusively, as well as other multifocals without antiglare. They have to be sent to a lab, and sometimes travel to more than one lab to complete the job. Ten days is not long, so don't mention it as if it's a complaint. They say the glasses take 7-10 days to complete usually, so they were within the average time period. Crack like the one you explained don't form on their own. I'm not sure what happen in the time period you apparently wanted to tell us about your showering habits and why it was necessary to mention this, but even if it was a stress crack due to insertion, they don't form before your eyes, unless you place them under stress. If they had been at fault, they would've replaced the lens without a problem. Perhaps your story wasn't convincing enough and they deemed you negligent. Sorry, that's life.

• Al
      31st of Mar, 2010

I order my glasses three weeks ago and they are still not ready. I was told 2 weeks ago that they were in and then told they were not, that they would be in the following week. Another week went by and still no glasses. Here I am today 3 weeks waiting and just got off the phone and was told they will be in sometime during the next few days due to a 'lab problem'. BS!!! They told me that last week. I am contacting my insurance company to see how to deal with this, since I am going for a refund and going elsewhere.

19th of Apr, 2010

Hope you read your work orders better than you read my complaint.WHERE DOES IT SAY ANYTHING ABOUT A CRACK?????? IT WAS A BIG SCRATCH CAUSED BY SOMETHING ON THE LENSE CLEANING CLOTH FRESH OUT OF THE BOX.There, maybe that will help you comprehend.As far as mentioning my shower, it's called "Sequence of events" . The 10 day wait for the lenses was not out of line, including that 10 days as part of the 30 day warranty was. After talking to Angela in the head office lense dept. my lenses were replaced free of charge.

7th of May, 2010

You don't understand basic lens manufacturing. It could look like a scratch, but it could be a stress crack. Without a picture this is impossible to diagnose. You ### and you get something free out of it. Nothing new. They don't want to deal with you anymore. Do you understand that concept?

13th of May, 2010

Yep, I [censor]ED because they were WRONG and I wasn't going to eat it. If you can afford to take a $600 bite in the butt and just roll over and play dead, that's you, but I'll go down fighting. Can you comprehend THAT concept?

• Va
      15th of Feb, 2011

Well it's pretty darned OBVIOUS by reading the second comment, what the deal is there, .."she probably sensed you 'WAS' a BIGOT...", ARGH!!!...uneducated, closed minded people. It probably didn't even BEGIN this way, but ended up this way when it was all over. No one will ever know if they weren't there. Either the customer came across as rude & caused the employee to become defensive, or the Employee was that way & caused the Customer to become offensive, ..of course in this closed minded, prejudiced State we live in, regardless of WHAT it is about or NOT about, the race card will always be played, even if it is just a misunderstanding, ..that same situation could have been played out between 2 whites, or 2 blacks, & been simply that, a misunderstanding, since it wasn't, it was a "race" thing. I am so sick of this from BOTH sides I could explode! One crappy Black person does NOT make the entire race bad, & one crappy white person should not make THEIR whole race bad. Each person ought to be viewed on an individual basis, whether it be for their merits, or their mistakes. Can't we all just get along?...lol! If by the second attempt her problem was not taken care of, she should have gone to someone ABOVE that employee, whether she was black, white, purple, or GREEN! That's her stupidity, of course after THAT long, ..time will run out! And another thing, I REALLY doubt that the Employee was so envious or whatever of the customers job, that she felt she needed to act or do something differently out of jealously. If she was THAT important, & so high up the food chain, she wouldn't be stuck in TUPELO, MS in the FIRST place, ..and by the way, I am WHITE, but I'm not ignorant & closed-minded, I like to think that I am FAIR. I am going in there for glasses this week, so I'll get to see first hand...

• Ro
      5th of May, 2016

Had an appointment for 12:40. For what ever reason the mapquest took me to the wrong location. Was 10 minutes late. They took the next appointment in in my place which is fine. But instead of switching appointments and letting me have their appointment, they said I had to wait till late in the afternoon. That was impossible. Had to get back to the job site. Wasted an hour driving there and an hour coming back. Just thought the customer service could have been better.

• Wi
      5th of May, 2016

For what? You missed your appointment. Reschedule.