LensCrafters / terrible experience

I went to LensCrafters to buy a new pair of glasses and they have a 'menu' of different lens types. I saw the AVP lenses on their website and it showed a wider and clearer version of conventional progressive lenses that just gives you a narrow window of clear vision. So I thought, what a good idea, somebody finally improved progressive lens technology, but after picking them up and wearing them I realized it was just a marketing ploy to scam the consumer out of more money. I compared them with my old lenses and it had the same narrow window forcing you to turn your head to get to the 'sweet spot' to see clearly. Don't waste your money on the added cost for their AVP 'advance view progressive', it's just a rip off. I'd also be weary of their Superview lenses as well, it's probably just another ploy to scam you out of more money. I'll never go back to LensCrafters again.

Va

Comments

Va
  18th of Sep, 2008

I purchased a pair of glasses from the Shoddy establishment, and will NEVER return..staff was RUDE, "so called" manager rude also, after waiting 3 WEEKS for a single vision pair of glasses, in which the frames were damaged upon receipt, I will tell ALL not to purchase there. After speaking to "Upper

Management" named Joey?, i am convinced their company is run by complete ###S. As others have posted here, I too believe they practice "Bait and Switch" trying to push their "coatings", empty promises as to when you will receive your purchase, and amazingly how their "Glasses in ABOUT an Hour" turned a simple near-sighted glasses order into a three-week fiasco...I returned them, and went to COSTCO... fabulous price (non-glare included), 169.00 total, and true to their word on FOUR DAY DELIVERY. DO NOT PURCHASE FROM LENS-SHAFTERS, especially in Scottsdale, AZ.

Ca
  31st of Jan, 2009

You unfortunately may have just had a Seg height measurement that was too low. The person measuring the number of millimeters from the bottom of your lens to the bottom of your pupil needs to be at least 17mm in the Featherwate Plus lens and 19mm in the Featherwate Scotchgard lens. If it is lower than these the wider viewing area will be lost or the benfits will be diminished.

It is too bad you did not take advantage of LensCrafters 30 day satisfaction gaurantee and exchange them or get a full money refund instead of puoting on a website like this. And if it was human error you must be Christ himself having never made a mistake that needed correcting.

You're and idiot for not returning to the store and asking for a different lens or even just getting your money back and getting cheap, not inexpensive, cheap glasses at the VA hospital.

Superview lenses are a High Index plastic lens used in the entire industry that have an index of refraction of 1.67 thus the name. Don't assume things and put them out here int he internet when you have no education or training inthe industry.

Ga
  25th of Mar, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

Would like to know what store you went to. I, too, went to a Lenscraftters store in ABQ, NM, and ran into the same thing. The person who waited on us, a so-called supervisor, was a pathetic excuse; she was rude and snotty, which I suspect that this was an attempt to cover up some major shortcomings.

Ka
  29th of Apr, 2009

This is why they have the disclaimer, "For illustration purposes only. Individual results may vary." All prescriptions and people's eyes vary or have quirks that can make a lens a bad choice for them. AVP can be an improvement from SVP for certain customers, and the employee should have explained if your benefits were diminished. Alternatively, you could have also returned the lenses for the 30 day guarantee after trying them out. You are the only one who can see out of your eyes, so your communication with the opticians is priceless for having them help you.

Mi
  30th of Apr, 2009

I agree with you both. I order glasses on April 11, 2009 and today is April 30, 2009 and I still do not have my glasses. Although everyone at the store in Louisville, KY Omoor Center has tried to be nice and patient no one can give me a date when I can expect my lenses to come in. I have been given the run around every day for the last 7 days that I have called. It has gone from a quality issue with the lenses to a machine broke and that is why I have not received my glasses. Now it is the lab shipped the lenses and the store has not received them. This is unbelievable. My isurance company has all ready completed the claim, you know that is bad, and I still have no glasses and no answers. I have called the Customer Service for their Corporate office (877) 486-6486 and their Company Liason to the President
(513) 765-3750 Kary Bradley no help everyone sends me back to the store. I find it hard to believe that a company that owns this many sub companies can not find a better system to order their lenses. If I were their President I would find a diffrent lab to process orders. I get the feeling that it is all about the money! Fine I can take my money to another business that cares. My money speaks!

Su
  9th of Jun, 2009

this company is HUGE can you image the number of jobs they process in ONE day? it does suck that you have to wait though!

Dp
  29th of Nov, 2010

Superview is a type of lens that lenscrafters recomends when you have a higher perscription. As for the quality of the lens, I personally have it and wouldn't go with anything else. The lenses are thinner by far than the next type of lens (poly) and don't give me the sinus headaches that I experienced with thicker lenses. As for being a marketing ploy, maybe you didn't get explained as to what they do. But trust me, if someone showed you the difference between the two lenses, you wouldn't ever think this is a "marketing ploy", the difference is easy to see. So before you go out telling people who have thick rxs that "superview is a rip off" have someone show you the difference...