Lens.com / Dishonesty and unreliable/rude service

I placed my order through the internet on June 11, 06, I faxed the Rx to their 1-877 number the next day. Two days later I called them wanted to make sure my Rx had been taken care of and the order was being processed. I was told by the rep that the lenses that I order was in back order status and it would take about 2 weeks to arrive. I said to her thats ok as long as my order had been taken care of.
2 week passed by and on 27th of June I tried checking the status online and it said its still in progress, so I called again and a rep told me that its in back order (again) and I should be able to receive them by next thursday/friday. 2 days later I recieved a email from them saying they had not received my Rx. It got me annoyed because everytime I called they said the order has been taken care of and I should be receiving the lenses on certain certain date. And now they say they havent recieved my Rx?? It was about 8:45pm Eastern time when I called (they closed at 9 Eastern time/10 central) and I spoke with a rep name Samantha (I tried to make sure I knew who I was speaking with so at least I have somebody to refer to the next time I call) She said , again, that order is ok and I should recieve my lenses by next thursday. The next day I called again to make sure the order was ok as said, but turns out they never ordered any lenses for me. I said I needed to speak to the manager and I got transferred to another department (ordering department that is). The woman in ordering department told me that the Rx I faxed in is for a brand name, and the one I ordered was Generic, and they need a Rx that specifies the Generic brand. I got really mad with the time I wasted during the passed 2 weeks calling back and forth, and their rep's dishonesty. So I said I needed to cancel the order and she yelled - okay, thanks for calling lens.com, goodbye (hung up on me)!

I got really frustrated with their dishonesty and unreliable/rude service. Of the 2 weeks plus I wasted, I could have gone to the doctor, get an updated Rx and placed my order and I would be wearing them by them. Instead of notifying me earlier, they kept lying to me everytime I called them. And on Friday I went to a local doctor instead and got my lenses ordered from them, turns out they were even cheaper then lens.com

Fl

Comments

• Ev
      21st of Feb, 2008

I HAVE WAITED 4 MONTHS FOR AN ORDER. WHEN IT DIDNT SHOW, I CALLED AND THE LADY ACTED LIKE THEY WERE DOING ME A MASSIVE FAVOUR OFFERING ME A REFUND. NEVER USE THIS COMPANY. NEVER. THEY ARE TERRIBLE!!! TELL EVERYONE!!!

• Go
      4th of Apr, 2008

I ordered lenses from lens.com late february 2008. They confirmed order and took money from my account. It is now april 4 2008 still no lenses. I have e-mailed lens.com on at least 7 occasions they
    initially answered telling me the lenses were posted 11th march then susequent replies inform me of postage times or to contact customs, now they don't bother to reply.
    Since ordering from lens.com I have ordered various non related items from overseas suppliers(Hong Kong) and received confirmation of order, confirmation of payment, confirmation of shipping and received goods by post within 1week.

• Ke
      30th of Apr, 2008

They need to make it a little more clear that they in fact DO NOT have to verify the perscription before mailing it out.

• Ri
      20th of May, 2008

I am having the the most difficult time in obtaining my contact lenses. I paid a Fed-ex charge twice. First it took a week to receive them, the wrong prescription. I had to pay a Fed-ex price again and am now waiting over another week and they so far are unable to give me a tracking number or information as to the status of my order. And they refuse to give me a refund. They are both incompetant and have poor service.

• St
      30th of May, 2008

I ordered from the UK about 2 weeks ago and get the feeling nothing is going to happen. I tried calling but the phone just rang out - I, ve sent 3 emails to progress but had no reply - I, m not confident what so ever.

• Cb
      21st of Jul, 2008

The service or lack thereof provided by Lens.com is horrible. I first placed my order on July 1st. After a week, I went to check on the status of my order and it was listed as cancelled. When I called in, I was told that my doctor's office said I was not a patient of theirs and led me to believe that my doctor's office did this on purpose to make me purchase the lenses through them. I was very upset and called my doctor, and they called Lens.com to resolve the issue. The CSR was extreamly rude to them and then told them it was because one of the numbers entered on the order did not match the perscription. This was resolved and a new order was placed on July 8th. I was told it would take 5 business days to process. Here we are on July 21, and my order is still in processing, with no gaurantee's on when it will ship. I understand that it may take a little time, but going through my doctor's office or another distributor really only takes at most a week. I am giving them a few more days, but will probably go elsewhere. It's obvious after reading the other complaints that their service is poor, and they don't seem to care. When making the complaint I had to call several times to get a supervisor, and even sent an email to their Customer Service Department. After finally getting a hold of someone, they were less than helpful and not apologetic in the least. Simply, they do not care. Maybe they will if they start to loose business.

• Kl
      7th of Aug, 2008

This place is a train wreck -- never in my wildest dreams would I do business with them again. It's been like pulling teeth to get any satisfaction or answers about my order (ordered July 1, 2008)...still NOTHING five weeks later. Said they were shipped (had agreed to send them second day air). They didn't pay attention to the instructions and said they were shipped them regular mail. I'll believe it when I have the contacts in my hands! NEVER AGAIN, and I mean NEVER!

• Gm
      22nd of Jul, 2009

We just received a prescription as well. They messed up one of the two boxes and gave us a negative adjustment instead of a positive. Totally refused to budge even though they admitted to making this mistake and doing it in the past as well. Very rude.

• Bb
      4th of Oct, 2009

LENS.COM IS A DISHONEST COMPANY AND WILL MAKE OTHER CHARGES ON YOUR CREDIT CARD WITHOUT YOUR KNOWLEDGE!!!

I will never order from lens.com again.. 3 weeks later no contacts after they said that the manufacturer had sent them but that the USPS said my address was undeliverable. Was told last week that they will go ahead and remake the 2 pairs and send FedEx.. no contacts.. am going to file a dispute with the credit card company to get my monies back.

PS Lens.com also charged an additional $7.84 on my credit card without my knowledge and claim that it is for handling charges.

Very dishonest company and would never do business with them again!

• He
      6th of Feb, 2010

i have astigmatism in my right eye and as for colored lenses. i'm stuck with ordering yearly wear lenses. i placed my order with them 12/31/2009. they told me they had to special make the lenses which i already knew from ordering them through my eye dr. i recieved confirmation that my lenses were shipped out on 1/15/2010. finally recieved them on 1/27/2010. the lenses themselves came in the same identical vials i got from my eye dr. i noticed when i took them out of the vial they had "spots" on them. you could compare the spots to protein deposites in apperance. i've worn them 6 hours a day since i recieved them, and they won't adjust to my eyes. they keep going in and out from blurry to clear... i've been in contact with them about the problem since 1/29/2010 and they told me they have to run it by a manger before anything can get done... guess we'll see what happens.

• Sp
      15th of Mar, 2010

LENS.COM HAVE TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!

I experienced what others here are complaining. Their service just sucks! I ordered contact lenses in January and then they told me it was backordered. So I waited. And then 2 weeks after, still... NO contact lenses received. I told them that I am going on a vacation and if they can switch the address. They said they CANNOT do that. So I cancelled the first order, and placed a 2nd order. So I got charged twice, and they told me they will refund me the first one since I placed the 2nd one. I was in a rush and so stupid of me to trust this rude and untrustworthy company! After 10 weeks, total of more than 3 months after... NO CONTACT LENSES RECEIVED AND I GOT CHARGED TWICE! TWO CHARGES, AND NO PRODUCT IN 3 MONTHS! I cannot believe this... I am just so pissed I called my credit card company, filed complaint to the BBB, and I am going to spread this HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE WITH LENS.COM as much as I can to prevent HONEST PEOPLE WHO JUST WANT THEIR CONTACT LENSES to AVOID THIS HORRIFIC EXPERIENCE.. PLEASE... STAY AWAY FROM LENS.COM!!!

• He
      19th of Mar, 2010

*update* the manager approved my return request as a manufacturer defect. i received my replacement lenses from them and the exact same problem occurred. blurry with spots on them. i called lens.com immediately and asked for a supervisor and explained the problem. her reply was "you can't return them since they are opened vials now." i asked her to explain to me how someone would find out if they had defective lenses if they DON't open them. she didn't have a response. she told me to have my eye dr take a look at them to confirm spots. i set up a appointment with my eye dr and he indeed concurred with the spots. he took it upon himself to contact lens.com in my behalf and told them what he found. they denied any fault and pretty much told him that i'm stuck with the lenses.

their "guarantee" obviously means ###.

i wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire. you're money/time is better spent somewhere else!!!

i have to wait till monday to report them to the BBB...

• Ke
      7th of May, 2010
    Lens.com - False advertising
    lens.com
    Phone: 1-800-lenscom
    lens.com

I ordered my contacts on 4/29 because the site states:
    This item normally ships within 4-7 business days.

Mon 5/03/10 I check the status - it says 'Processing'.
    4:37 PM I write:
    I was wondering how much longer it will take to 'process' my contact order? I will be leaving for Jamaica on the 13th. Please tell me I'll get them no later than the 12th. My order # is 1708989960.
    Thanks,
    Kelly
    Mon, 3 May 2010 20:56:44
    Dear Kelly,
    Thank you for inquiring about the status of your order. Your contact lens prescription falls just outside the range of product we keep in stock.
    Rachel

Tue 5/04/10 9:17 AM
    Rachel,
    I don't think that my question was answered. Am I or am I not going to get my contacts by the 12th? If the answer is no then I need to get them from someone else. This is VERY IMPORTANT to me! Your web site claims you have my prescription. It doesn't claim my 'contact lens prescription falls just outside the range of product we keep in stock'!
    Please give me the opportunity to get my contacts from someone else before it's too late.
    Kelly

Tue, 4 May 2010 15:02
    Thank you for contacting Lens.com.
    The lenses you have ordered are one of our factory fresh contact lenses. This normally takes 7-10 business days for us to receive them from the manufacturer. You will be notified by email once the order has shipped. I apologize for the delay.
    Kelsey

Wed 5/05/10 9:58 AM
    Ok, since you guys will not give me a YES or NO, I'm going to do the math...
    I ordered them on 4/28, 10 days after that (worse case scenario) is 5/10 - not counting Sundays. I need them by the 12th, that's only 2 days! So I'm going to assume that you will ship them the fastest way possible (at no additional cost to me) to insure that I get them by the 12th. I feel that's fair considering your website mentioned nothing about this delay (or I definitely would have ordered them from your competition)...
    Am I right?
    24 HOURS LATER...

Thu 5/06 /10 11:38 AM
    Thank you for contacting Lens.com.
    The lenses you ordered are a custom made lenses. I do apologize for the other emails but these lenses can take 2-3 weeks for us to receive from the manufacture. If you want upgraded shipping it will be at your cost. I do apologize for the inconvenience but since the lenses are a custom lens we will not be able to cancel the order.

WHAT??!!
    IT TOOK THEM 3 DAYS TO FINALLY ANSWER MY QUESTION!

Thu 5/06/10 11:46 PM
    Thanks for not getting back to me in enough time for me to order from someone else! This is a terrible company & I will be putting all of these emails on Face book and every Review site (especially yours) I can find to make sure when people search lens.com they won't have to go through what I am going through!
    PUT THE TRUTH ON YOUR WEB SITE!!
    I hope my measly $117 is worth ruining my vacation & possibly losing future business.
    After copying & pasting all this to their web site review, it won’t accept it because it’s “DEROGATORY”
    DUH!

• Ia
      12th of May, 2010

This is the worst company there is and consumers should be aware of their dishonesty and frequent misleading of information. Fast delivery does not exist and when they screw up your order, it's your fault and you're stuck with it!
    How can the government allow this kind of company to operate in the United States. Lens.com is unethical, customer service is out the window. Quite frankly, they do not care about the consumer. Let this be a warning to all you consumers out there..Stay Away from ordering contact lenses from lens.com

• Ry
      6th of Jan, 2011

I've ordered from Lens.com twice and I don't know what I was thinking. Living in South Africa I initially consdered blaming our postal service but having received items from UK and China from individual sellers in under a week my story reads identical to bblondie5's account:

I didn't receive my lenses for 5 months!!! after my first order. They double charged me as I only ordered one pair of lenses but the charge on my credit card was for 2. Thankfully this was refunded. On my second order I've now been waiting 4 months and after contacting them they sent me this shocking reply -
    Dear Ryno,

Thank you for contacting Lens.com.

I apologize but you had a previous order that was undeliverable to the address provided. We will not be able to refund for another order.

Helen
    1-800-LENSCOM (Phone)
    1-573-754-5200 (Fax)

My second order has nothing to do with my first. My first order was finalised and I very much paid for it and have the credit card statement to prove. I live in the city in the most expensive residential area in South Africa and this is the first time after dozens of online transactions that any company claims I have an "undeliverable" address. What does that even mean? I WISH I had seen these hundreds of complaints on this site and others before shopping with them... I'm laying a fraud charge with mastercard.

• Fl
      16th of Nov, 2011

2 week passed by and on 27th of June I tried checking the status online and it said its still in progress, so I called again and a rep told me that its in back order (again) and I should be able to receive them by next thursday/friday. 2 days later I recieved a email from them saying they had not received my Rx. It got me annoyed because everytime I called they said the order has been taken care of and I should be receiving the lenses on certain certain date. And now they say they havent recieved my Rx?? It was about 8:45pm Eastern time when I called (they closed at 9 Eastern time/10 central) and I spoke with a rep name Samantha (I tried to make sure I knew who I was speaking with so at least I have somebody to refer to the next time I call) She said, again, that order is ok and I should recieve my lenses by next thursday. The next day I called again to make sure the order was ok as said, but turns out they never ordered any lenses for me. I said I needed to speak to the manager and I got transferred to another department (ordering department that is). The woman in ordering department told me that the Rx I faxed in is for a brand name, and the one I ordered was Generic, and they need a Rx that specifies the Generic brand. I got really mad with the time I wasted during the passed 2 weeks calling back and forth, and their rep's dishonesty. So I said I needed to cancel the order and she yelled - okay, thanks for calling lens.com, goodbye (hung up on me)!

• Ab
      4th of Mar, 2013
    Lens.com - Contact lens order mistake
    Columbus
    Ohio
    Lens.com

I made an order in November 2012. It was not processed (insufficient funds in account at that time) - found out later when inquiring about missing order. Went through website to track order and made a call to their help center to see about completing that ONE order (sufficient funds in account for payment available at this time)...Just got home to check my account (was away - I'm in the military) and realized that Lens.com charged my account twice!!! I called their help desk again only to hear that they won't refund my account...After the heated conversation, the supervisor admits having no one above her title to help me at all (admittedly, there is no management staff - only supervisors). We agreed that she checks into the matter (investigation) to see if only one order was received. Regardless, I made one order, should only pay for one order - I don't believe I should pay for their mistakes in the ordering process!

• Ab
      4th of Mar, 2013

I should have clarified...The order made was never completed in the first place (November). To complete it, personal and financial information is necessary - I did NEITHER at this time. When you log onto the website, to request information on specific contacts, you have to create an account. I did not do this. When I did provide personal and financial information (December), I received the one and only set of contacts ordered. However, Lens.com double-charged me, claiming an order was made in both months. After investigations (from the post office and Lens.com) were done, it has been proven that only one box was sent to and received by the recipient (which Lens.com claimed two were sent and verified - another lie). Update: now awaiting to see if I will be reimbursed for their mistake. So, yes, I believe it was obvious that I was making a complaint...Hence, this complaint board.

• St
      1st of Feb, 2016

Your right! They do not stand by their word. They advertised a $10.00 reduction if you are referred by a friend. My room mate referred me and they said they would not honor it as it was the same address. Liars for sure as there was no mention of this in their promotion. Chat help was ridiculous and and no help and almost mean in their tone and responses. I've ordered 6 months for now but will never use them again after this. Also their hidden charge for processing at $14.24 plus shipping was ridiculous. What a shameful and dishonest company. Will never use them again and will tell others the same!