Lenovo Yoga 910. Emax. Jumbo Service Centre / lenovo yoga 910

Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Lenovo Case Number: [protected], SN: PF0QKUXF

Read the emails below. This is unacceptable. I want a resolution asap.

Dear all

I cannot believe I am writing this.

After all these weeks, emails, trips to and from Emax and Jumbo, phone calls. I finally received my new Lenovo Yoga 910.

I have exactly the same issue. This is unbelievable.

This is now clearly a lenovo technical fault with the model. The issue as before, on full charge it shows no more than 4 or 5 hours. In fact, as before every few minutes it jumps from 4hours to 2hours and then back to 4 hours. See photos attached.

My previous experience was that the battery only lasted this length of time which as we discussed is not the battery life that the yoga 910 should have, it should exceed 10hours. When Jumbo replaced the battery last time it did last significantly longer 10 hours plus BUT the pop up that told me how much battery life was left would constantly jump from saying 10hours one minute to showing 4 hours the next.

This is completely unacceptable experience from my part from Emax for selling such a product and Lenovo for not rectifying whatever software issue this is with the model.

I am now left again, without any means to work properly, spending my weekend upset writing this email and no doubt with another month of calls, emails and trips to resolve this.

I need a laptop that has the proper battery life AND one which I can rely on to tell me accurately how much battery is left

What on earth is the solution to this? Who is going to take responsibility? When will I have a laptop with the proper battery life. I'm concerned that if this is the quality of lenovo that later on I will continue to experience problems.

I'm emailing consumer writes to make a formal complaint and will connect with senior representatives of both lenovo and emax on LinkedIn.

I travel again with work on Sunday and yet again I have no laptop to bring with me.

Hannah
+[protected]

From: Supervisor IT
Sent: Wednesday, October 4, 2017 3:28 PM
To: Ibrahim Aygün
Cc: h.[protected]@hotmail.co.uk
Subject: RE: Lenovo Case Number: [protected], SN: PF0QKUXF [ ref:_00Dd0dz2o._500b01GPcCJ:ref ]

Dear Team,
The below unit is waiting for the motherboard .We will update the ETA soon

Shinoj Babu | Supervisor
Jumbo Electronics Co. Ltd (LLC) PO Box 25873 Dubai UAE
T +[protected] EXT 435| F +[protected]| email Supervisor.[protected]@jumbo.ae
www.twitter.com/JumboWorld | www.facebook.com/JumboWorld
Jumbo Electronics (@JumboWorld) | Twitter
www.twitter.com
The latest Tweets from Jumbo Electronics (@JumboWorld). Pioneer in the field of Consumer Electronics. Dubai, UAE

Corporate website: www.jumbocorp.com | Buy online at: www.jumbo.ae
Know your Service status by clicking - http://group.jumbocorp.com/sc_booking/track_frm.asp
Service Booking System - Jumbo Electronics
group.jumbocorp.com
In case you wish to know more details, please write to Jumbo Support (service.[protected]@jumbo.ae)

-----Original Message-----
From: Ibrahim Aygün [mailto:[protected]@lenovo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 04, 2017 2:37 PM
To: Supervisor IT; h.[protected]@hotmail.co.uk
Subject: Re: Lenovo Case Number: [protected], SN: PF0QKUXF [ ref:_00Dd0dz2o._500b01GPcCJ:ref ]

Dear Jumbo,

Please provide us an update on status of subject serial number.
Kindly confirm once the unit is fully repaired and tested running as designed.

Ibrahim.

Sent: 03/10/2017 15:09
To: supervisor.[protected]@jumbo.ae; [protected]@lenovo.com
Cc: [protected]@lenovo.com; imran.[protected]@landmarkgroup.com
Subject: Re: Lenovo Case Number: [protected], SN: PF0QKUXF [ ]

I'm still waiting for news on my laptop and it's been over 48 hours.

I cannot work without my laptop and need it back asap in full working condition.

On Sep 28, 2017, at 12:11 PM, Hader Attia wrote:

Thank you for your mail.

Please be informed that units are not delivered to Lenovo for repairs. Service provider communicates with Lenovo’s engineers upon receipt of a unit. This is the standard procedure when a unit’s repairs are escalated to Lenovo’s in house engineer.

Thank you for your understanding and co-operation.

Please inform me when you have dropped of your unit to JUMBO for me to follow up on your unit’s repairs.

I shall be following up on your complaint until confirmation of unit repairs.

Please do not hesitate to contact me in case of any further assistance and/or inquiries.

Sent: Wednesday, September 27, 2017 20:42
Subject: Re: Lenovo Case Number: [protected], SN: PF0QKUXF [ ]

No this is not what I was told by jumbo when i collected my laptop.

I asked to speak to the manager and he explained with the battery replaced the issue was software and they couldn't fix it. I do not have time to waste giving it back to them for them to sit on it for two weeks then hand it over to Lenovo.

Last time jumbo was meant to fix it the problem statement on the firm was given back to me along with the laptop, they told me it was fixed and it was clearly evident upon opening it and reading the problem statement it was not.

Why can't it go directly to Lenovo as I was told?

On Sep 27, 2017, at 7:05 PM, Hader Attia wrote:
Dear Ms. Hannah,

Please be informed that your unit’s faults has been escalated to Lenovo and hence, escalated internally within JUMBO. Your unit shall be assessed by JUMBO’s higher level engineers. If they can not replicate and rectify your unit’s faults, they will refer to Lenovo’s in-house engineers in Dubai for assistance and guidance for repair of your unit.

I hope this information is of use to you.

Sent: Wednesday, September 27, 2017 17:00
Subject: Re: Lenovo Case Number: [protected], SN: PF0QKUXF [ ]

I'm confused though because when I collected my laptop from Jumbo last week they told me they couldn't fix it further it was a software issue hence why I was out in touch with you.

Why are they now fixing it a second time?

On Sep 27, 2017, at 6:47 PM, Hader Attia wrote:

Thank you for your mail.

Your mail has been forwarded to our service partner JUMBO, and I have instructed them to confirm unit repairs prior to releasing the unit back to you.

Kindly attend to JUMBO for drop off of your unit and please state to the reception desk that your case has been escalated to Lenovo under the following reference#: [protected]

Sent: Wednesday, September 27, 2017 16:30
Subject: Re: Lenovo Case Number: [protected], SN: PF0QKUXF [ ]

I've sent you two videos of the issues I gave with my laptop.

If I take it back to jumbo I go to the service centre and ask for whom?

This must be fixed I cannot work on it, I'm trying every day because I'm busy and can't be without it but it's awful. I'm in meetings trying to go between documents the whole thing keeps freezing and multiple times a day I have to shut down with the power off button.

I will bring it st the weekend.

On Sep 27, 2017, at 11:09 AM, Hader Attia wrote:

Thank you for your mail.

You complaint case was logged via our authorized service provider JUMBO. Kindly drop off the unit to JUMBO. JUMBO are aware of your case, and I have flagged your complaint with high priority investigations and repairs.

I can not, at this point of time, confirm to you the duration of repairs.

Please inform me when you drop of your unit to JUMBO, and I will follow up accordingly with them to ensure your unit repairs are completed to the fullest.

Thank you for your understanding and co-operation.

I shall be following up on you complaint until confirmation of unit repairs.

Sent: Wednesday, September 27, 2017 05:43
Subject: Re: Lenovo Case Number: [protected], SN: PF0QKUXF [ ]

So I buy a brand new machine take it to be fixed two weeks later I have to bring it back to be fixed again. You really know how to deliver superior service, I will make sure everyone knows what a joke Lenovo is.

Now to fix my machine. Where am I expected to bring it to this time? My point of purchase as you keep referring me to or somewhere else as this is now being dealt with by Lenovo?

How long can I expect you to inconvenience me for? When will I get it back?

My issues need to be clearly understood so I do not receive the machine back with the same problems. To be told the same once again about warranty terms and process.

I would also like to have the email and telephone number of your manager and complaints department asap.

On Sep 26, 2017, at 8:35 PM, Hader Attia wrote:
Dear Ms. Hanna,

Thank you for your mail.

Please be informed of Lenovo warranty terms and conditions which state the following:
Customer Responsibilities for Warranty Service:
- backup or secure all programs and data contained in the product
- remove all data, including confidential information, proprietary information and personal information, from the product or, if you are unable to remove any such information, modify the information to prevent its access by another party or so that it is not personal data under applicable law. The Service Provider shall not be responsible for the loss or disclosure of any data, including confidential information, proprietary information, or personal information, on a product returned or accessed for warranty service

What this Warranty Does not Cover:
- uninterrupted or error-free operation of a product
- loss of, or damage to, your data by a product
- any software programs, whether provided with the product or installed subsequently

Your unit’s warranty is: Customer Carry-In Service Under Customer Carry-In Service, your product will be repaired or exchanged after you deliver it to a designated service center at your risk and expense. After the product has been repaired or exchanged, it will be made available to you for collection. If you fail to collect the product, the Service Provider may dispose of the product as it sees fit, with no liability to you.

Lenovo does not provide any temporary replacement units during warranty repairs duration. Unfortunately, your request for a temporary unit during repairs of your product can not be met.

I do understand your frustration with this issue you are experiencing and I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Our warranty extend offer and repair approval request still stand.

Sent: Tuesday, September 26, 2017 04:27
Subject: Re: Lenovo Case Number: [protected], SN: PF0QKUXF [ ]

Hader, quite frankly having the warranty extended does not help me or go anyway to assure me that I invested in the right product.

I bought a new laptop I use it every day for work. A few weeks back I had to wipe EVERYTHING off the machine which is time consuming and frustrating. I borrowed another laptop to use while mine was being 'fixed' now you want me to hand it over AGAIN wipe everything AGAIN and what will I use for work while your 'fixing' it this time?

I need a laptop to use while you fix mine what can you do about that? I do not want to take time out driving back and forth and wiping laptops of all information, what can you do about that? Will someone collect the laptop from me? Drop me a replacement and then bring it back when it's fixed? After what I paid for a new machine why should I be at such an inconvenience. This is not proper or professional or what would be expected from Lenovo.

Holiday or not it is now over one week since I raised these issues with Emax and I already visited them and the jumbo centre twice last week to say I'm fed up is an understatement.

On Sep 25, 2017, at 10:44 AM, Hader Attia wrote:
Dear Ms. Hannah,

Thank you for your mail and please excuse any delayed reply due to bank holidays.

As previously stated, Lenovo warranty terms and conditions oblige Lenovo to attempt repairs of a product during warranty validity period. Upon failure to do so, a replacement request can be investigated upon. This is not the case in this situation.

We would kindly request of you to allow us to investigate and repair your unit’s fault. Lenovo shall flag your unit’s repairs with high priority with our service center to ensure all your reported faults are evaluated and repaired.

As a good will gesture from Lenovo, we would like to offer you a 3 month warranty extend as a compensation.

Please let me know when I can arrange the repair for you.

Alternatively, for other resolution options, please feel free to turn to your point of purchase.

Pending your reply for further actions.

Sent: Sunday, September 24, 2017 10:56
Subject: Re: Lenovo Case Number: [protected], SN: PF0QKUXF [ ]

My laptop is still not fixed and I've still had no reply to my email.

Who is responsible for this Lenovo or do I go a black to emax. This is not ok!

On Sep 18, 2017, at 5:34 PM, Hader Attia wrote:
Dear Ms. Hanna,

On behalf of Lenovo, I would like to apologize for the problems you've been having with your Lenovo device and the inconvenience that this has caused you.

However, please allow me to refer you to Lenovo’s warranty terms and conditions (available at: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__support.lenovo.com_us_en_documents_ht100140&d=DwIFaQ&c=vsI5PGT0uRF0lsg7XzpUOQurPQNIBhEW54Y1C2lcBvg&r=uzJXBnDUwQitcrQCJi30FbhmdlWfOwmMjRB28zmpsKg&m=fAOoYMvopV6U0fFriiBW8_5UZbIBUMOiobVce4oMjEg&s=ahkLgulU9gfpzQGitSSeEZwfFsEzq3DtKW9j5a4ckIM&e=), that state that Lenovo is obliged to attempt unit repairs during the warranty validity period. Upon failure to do so, a replacement option can be investigated upon.

This is not the situation in this case based on the service history of your unit. Accordingly, your request for a replacement can not be met.

Please note that you have agreed to the Lenovo Limited Warranty Terms and Conditions by purchasing Lenovo machine. We are, at this point able to repair your machine.

From: Hader Attia [mailto:[protected]@lenovo.com]
Sent: Monday, September 18, 2017 15:31
To: h.[protected]@hotmail.co.uk
Cc: Hader Attia
Subject: Lenovo Case Number: [protected], SN: PF0QKUXF [ ]

[https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__lenovoemea.force.com_technicalsupport_servlet_servlet.ImageServer-3Fid-3D015b0000002nCfb-26oid-3D00Dd0000000dz2oEAA&d=DwIFaQ&c=vsI5PGT0uRF0lsg7XzpUOQurPQNIBhEW54Y1C2lcBvg&r=uzJXBnDUwQitcrQCJi30FbhmdlWfOwmMjRB28zmpsKg&m=fAOoYMvopV6U0fFriiBW8_5UZbIBUMOiobVce4oMjEg&s=AhHMByH_DxNprnpUIABB8mJpFzi18KULxDPMsU633h4&e=]
Dear Ms. Hanna .,

My name is Hader Attia; I am Customer Relations Case Manager with Lenovo, for EMEA region.

The case regarding the below machine has been assigned to me for a resolution:
Serial Number: PF0QKUXF

I am currently investigating the background of the case. We strive to contact you with a resolution proposal on average in two to three business days.

EMEA Customer Relations Case Manager
Lenovo Technical Services

If you have any further questions, please respond to this email.

(Please keep this ID when replying.)
[https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__lenovoemea.my.salesforce.com_servlet_servlet.ImageServer-3Foid-3D00Dd0000000dz2o-26esid-3D018b000000VS0Jk&d=DwIFaQ&c=vsI5PGT0uRF0lsg7XzpUOQurPQNIBhEW54Y1C2lcBvg&r=uzJXBnDUwQitcrQCJi30FbhmdlWfOwmMjRB28zmpsKg&m=fAOoYMvopV6U0fFriiBW8_5UZbIBUMOiobVce4oMjEg&s=Z5dQzcE4TTMgthnVW5OW_WtFvCgooprhwgYOIDdUFus&e=]

******************************
IMPORTANT NOTICE from Lenovo: This/these email(s) shall not be legally binding to Lenovo. Any commitments by Lenovo must be included in a mutually-signed formal contract between the parties ONLY. Lenovo shall not be liable for any damages of any kind whatsoever caused by this/these email(s) for any reason whatsoever. Any views expressed by an individual within this/these email(s) do not necessarily reflect the views of Lenovo. This/these email(s) and any files transmitted with it contain information that is confidential or legally privileged and are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution of this email or the files transmitted with it is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please permanently delete this email and destroy any printed copy without reading or saving it. Thank you.
ref:_00Dd0dz2o._500b01GPcCJ:ref
E-mail Disclaimer: This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, delete this e-mail and destroy any copies. Any dissemination or use of this information by a person other than the intended recipient is unauthorized and may be illegal.

Hh