Lenovo Thinkpad T 61 / delay in delivery!

United States Review updated:
Lenovo doesn't have a delivery system for their laptops to be delivered in time. I ordered my laptop t61 on 21 sept 2007, and promised delivery date was 10 oct 2007 but they have conveniently shifted it to 4nov'2007. They have no clue to about the reason for delay. They don't seem to care if I talk in the customer service department.

Beware!

Comments

Ka
  12th of Oct, 2007
Yes, I agree. I also ordered a T61 laptop on sep 22nd 2007. While making my order it says like Oct 11th is the estimated shipment. But now it has been changed to Oct 30th. I doesn't know when they will deliver the laptop. It seems, they won't deliver the laptop before November 2007. I really disappointed about the service provided by the customer service representative and Lenovo sales team. Its Horrible!!!
Do
  12th of Oct, 2007
I had a very similar experience with Lenovo. I placed my order on 9/17/07 with 2 day shipping, expecting to receive expedited service. The original delivery date was set on 10/4/07. I was tempted to call Lenovo and ask how soon I could get the order but decided to wait patiently instead. I shop online frequently and have typically received orders ahead of their estimated delivery time anywhere else I've ordered. 10/4/07 came and went. Without notice, the estimated delivery date of my standard system order was revised to 10/23/07 online. I e-mailed Lenovo on 10/5/07 asking whether or not a mistake had been made and requesting cancellation of my order if the revised delivery estimate (over 1 month after my order) was legitimate. The next day response reassured me that the order would be shipped on 10/9/07 and delivered on 10/11/07. My request to Lenovo on the evening of 10/9/07 to confirm that the order had been shipped (since the online order still reflected "In process") went unanswered. I e-mailed again the night of 10/11/07 indicating that the order was not yet received and still indicated "In process" online, requesting cancellation of the order. On 10/12/07 Lenovo responded that the order had been further delayed and the revised estimated delivery date was set on 10/29/07. Lenovo further explained that since the order was in "procurement, development and configuration stage" they were unable to cancel. Lenovo instructed me in the same response to "... not refuse delivery, as this will only result with a restocking fee." Lenovo has not take any initiative to address these issues. Any suggestions on where I can go to get this addressed, not for my own sake, but for the sake of all prospective (unaware) buyers?
Aa
  12th of Oct, 2007
This is indeed ridiculous sort of behavior.
Sa
  18th of Oct, 2007
My husband ordered T61 on Sept 24, 2007 for my birthday in Oct. 14. Its shipping date was Oct. 1, so he assumed that I would get it before my birthday but today is now Oct. 18 and those people still don't have clue. They can not track down the order. Every time we check delivery order status the date goes up a week and now shipping date is Oct. 22. Same experience with the sales reps they don't know what's going on over there. Even their supervisors don't know what they are getting paid for. My husband just wanted to surprise me for my birthday but ended up with a horrible experience. By reading other complaints it seems like if we cancel the order we will have one heck of a great time just to cancel it. Anyone have any suggestion what should we do. Any phone # to contact or something. I will be really appreciated.
Ka
  22nd of Oct, 2007
Did anyone got the Lenovo Laptop?? Or still waiting for the shipment. I called them I checked the status of my order, they said like, they doesn't have the required chips to assemble the laptop.

Can anyone tell, that how long they are taking to deliver the lenovo laptop?

Thanks,
Gkn
Ra
  31st of Jan, 2008
The shipping sucks unless your a distributor in which case you can get it as fast as next day... but you can't beat the computer. Your best bet is to find a deal through a providor or Ebay(check for fraud)... but man thinkpads are the best there are... just buy in January if its a christmas present ROFL.

Lenovo Group Logo Lenovo Group