Lenovo / lenovo customer service

IL, United States Review updated:
On Wednesday, Feb. 13, I ordered a new X61 from the Lenovo outlet. I chose the outlet as I found one configured exactly as I wanted, and being an off the shelf item I figured I would get it quicker than ordering a CTO. I ordered it with my debit card and waited patiently for order confirmation and shipping estimate. On Friday, Feb. 15, I recieved an order confirmation with an estimated ship date of 02/22. I was very excited to get my new laptop. 30 minutes later I received another order confirmation with a different order number, but for the same laptop. I checked my online banking to find they charged my checking account twice. I called Lenovo support to complain about this and was connected to a woman with very broken english. I explained to her what happened and she couldn't explain why it happened. She said the best that she could do was cancel one of the orders and one of the charges on my checking account would be released in 24-48 hours. She would not connect me to a supervisor as their lines were busy. She said she would schedule a callback from a supervisor (I never did get a call back). I considered it an honest mistake and calmed down. That is, until my wife noticed the checking account balance ($400) and went crazy as she had the mortgage set up to go through that same day. The mortgage went through and bounced (along with a $35 NSF charge). Today (Monday, Feb. 18), I reveived an email from Lenovo stating that my order has been cancelled and to call Lenovo's sales department to place another order. I figured that this was just a confirmation email from Friday's discussion. I checked the order numbers to find that it was the remaining order they cancelled. I called Lenova again only to get connected with another broken english rep. I tried my hardest to keep my cool while explaining what had happened. I was told the order was cancelled because I called and requested the cancellation on Friday. She just couldn't understand that they cancelled BOTH orders even though I wanted only the duplicate order cancelled. She said all she could do is transfer me to the sales dept. so I could place another order (yeah, like I'm going to give them permission to take more money out of my checking account). She said there is no way to re-submit the order once it is cancelled. I was told that I could not speak with a supervisor as their lines were busy (again). She said the funds will be released from my checking account in 24-48 hours. I called back 3 times in an attempt to speak with someone who gave a $hit, but every time I got a broken english speaking rep that obviously couldn't care less about my situation. Ironically, none of them would connect me to a supervisor as "their lines are busy".
In summary, they duplicated my order, double charged my checking account causing our mortgage to bounce with a $35 fee, cancelled both of the orders and made no attempt whatsoever in resolving the issue.
I have been buying laptops from IBM for about 20 years without a single glitch. Customer support was always top notch. This was my first experience with Lenovo and will be my last. I can't beleive that a company of this stature would treat a customer this way. The only good that came out of all this is that I found out what kind of support to expect now instead of later. Sorry for the long winded post, but I really needed to vent and it's only right to let others know what they may be getting themselves into...

Comments

Vs
  10th of Apr, 2008
sir,
i have purchased linovo y - series model laptop. i am not satisfied about your windows vista home operating system. also customer support, liablity of lenovo product, etc please call, now i am available in 0096899606799

sorry
i did not expect this kind of service from lenovo retailer

v.sivaraman
As
  2nd of Oct, 2008
sir,
i have purchased linovo y - series model laptop. i am not satisfied about your windows vista home operating system. also customer support, liablity of lenovo product, etc please call, now i am available in 9890495126
An
  6th of Feb, 2009
I M ANIMESH SARDAR .MY LENOVO 63Q LAPTOP W CARRY CASE SERIAL NUMBER MA-9VB5Y WITH 1GB DDR2 LAPTOP RAM TRASCEND SERIAL NUMBER 5087322237 HAVE BEEN STOLEN ON 5.02.2009 .I HAVE PURCHASED IT FROM RAY COMPUTER AND ELECTORNICS 32/1 .PORT BLAIR LINE, SANTI BAZAR, BARACKPORE KOLKATA -700120.PH NO 9831030442/32976737.TAX INVOICE NO. REC/242/08-09.COMPANYS VAT NO. 1966-6178-089 ON 19.07.2008.I WANT U PEOPLE TO AVOID MY LAPTOPS MISUSE .AND HELP ME IN DIS REGARD.
Ma
  8th of Feb, 2009
SIR,

Myself MANOJ KUMAR is really feeling ashamed for writing such mail to such gaint Corporate. After waitin a lot as em also human being so I also have patients & patients also ends at certain limit as mine end.
As now I get rid off for following your process now I need to correspond with u in black n white so that I can get some favorable output & results of my notebook recovery problems & can use it.

Experience with your service

I had visited to your service station which is located at J.O.P PLAZA SECTOR-18 3rd FLOR. NOIDA named INGRAM MICRO. Sinces last four month the day when note book SCREEN LOCK get infected (flap problem loose from laft side and gap) .

Hope some one will come forward to solve my problems

Will be eagerly waiting for your prompt favorable reply SO THAT I CAN TAKE SOME FUTHER DECISION ON IT

Thanking you
Mo
  25th of Jul, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Respected Sir,

I have purchased the lenovo laptop in croma juhu mumbai on dt 22.07.2008 at 7.38pm, before six month my
laptop cretaed the problem (missing word for typing, t.v tuner card is not working & back pannel also crack). i have registed the complaint my nearested service station "AFORESERVE" (case id L9700B6) loceted in107, sagar plazio, sakinaka andheri kurla rod and (e) mum-72
On dt 25.07.09 i contact the service cent & spoken to MR. SURESH he says some part is pending & company will get the part august first week but sir, i am not waiting long time, so i requested to you plz. replace the laptop as sson as possible.

I waiting your reply positive.

Regards & Thanks,