Lenovo / terrible company

1 United States

I ordered from lenovo.com a laptop computer lenovo ideapad s10 in may 2009 (S/n eb11643373). The product came with defected installation of window xp. I ordered from lenovo.com a laptop computer lenovo ideapad s10 in may 2009 (S/n eb11643373). The product came with defected installation of window xp: the asian font files are missing from the installation, which is a standard part of window xp. I used numerous window laptop and desktops, never once has I found that these files are missing from standard installation. As the results, I was not able to view website and generate documents in these fonts, rendering the product half useless. Because of this defect, the advertised specification on the lenovo website that accompanies with the sale contract where that mentioning of the standard window xp being already installed on the computer is not true and is misleading to consumers. I have tried to resolve the issue with the technical support department spending several hours in total time on the phone. The last case id I have here is wn088303. At the end, when all technical solutions are exhausted, the sale office representative (Marlan [protected], and his superviser lopez) want to charge me for a hefty "restocking fee" for returning this defect product that is totally caused by the company's incompletely installing xp. This is just another way of not-honoring the warrentee. As a responsible consumer and citizen, I believe that I have the responsibility to expose this company's irresponsible behavior to the public. They mislead consumers, ship to them defect products and then charge them unfair "fees" if they don't want the junk. This experience of me indicates to me that this company, lenovo, has no self-respect, nor respecting their customers. I believe the public should be let know of this company's behavior. By the way, the "customer representative", mr. Marlan and mrs. Lopez that I have talked to are among the worst sale reps I have ever talked to, reflecting again the company's value.

Pa