Lennox Air Conditioning / Bad service

Our air conditioning system, a 2 stage unit made by Lennox, is what we inherited when we bought our home 4 years ago. In each summer we've had trouble with it, having compressors replaced (that wasn't the problem) and the same for many other parts.
In short the unit has never worked correctly and this summer is no exception. The interesting part of this is that every time a service person replaces a part, the unit works WORSE than before. That has now happened so often that the unit has collapsed. It has such a bad reputation in the industry that many service people you ask about it say, "don't want to touch that one".
Clearly Lennox made these terrible machines and now refuse to stand behind them when you call. In the last 3 weeks we've had no less than 10 service calls which have resulted in yet another half dozen parts being replaced to no avail.
I appreciate that this unit is not new but Lennox refuses to help in any way and if we dump it and go buy one from another company, their comment is "we don't care".
How is it that a major US company is allowed to screw over the public when one of their "designs" goes bad. Replacing our entire system is an appalling solution. The unit is a lemon. Do not buy one and above all else do not buy a house that contains one.

Fr

Comments

• Wb
      23rd of Jul, 2009

in regards, everytime the lights think about going out our lennox ac unit go out and we have to go in the attic and reset it.same with just about everybody on my street. recently our ac compressor went out on our only 2 year 3 month lennox ac and had to be replaced, eventhough our warranty paid to have the compressor replaced the labor was $650 and the labor is not covered. not sure but i don't think that the ac compressor is that much.lennox not willins to work with us at all eventhough our warranty have only been up for month. not to mention 4 other neighbors either had a total unit replaced, a compressor replaced, or a blower replaced.also the worst service people i have ever dealt with.no wonder why they don't offer you their extended warranty that will cover even the labor for a longer period of time. so if you decide to buy a david weekly home this is the unit that they use.ask about your options for an extended warrant or check out lennox warranty web site

• Se
      19th of Aug, 2009

make sure the service tech. is N.A.T.E certified ( ask to see his card) the industry has a shortage of well trained technicians. there are service technicians and there are part replacers.

3rd of Dec, 2009

I tried to buy the best so I wouldn't have any problems. My square footage is about 2700 sf, and my AC bills in the summer range around $555.00 per month. The heating system works ok, but not the Air. My advice would be not to buy Lennox.

The installing company was allright at first, but thereafter they have shown themselves to be some of the most barbaric people I've ever encountered. In fact it isn't only the dealer, it's Lennox too. Their rep assured me last year the problem would be fixed. Well it wasn't, as they never came back. Lennox doesn't even return my calls.

JRS, Bishop, Georgia

• Ih
      12th of Nov, 2012

We purchased Lennox units... two heat pumps when we had our house built. We were told go with best and you will have not problems with them... Well I am here to tell you that I am 100% fed up with out decision and Lennox. We have lived in our house for 6 years, and have had to replace one thing after another in order to keep the units running. We are going on the second failure for 2012 on both units. In the even that you are even thinking about buying Lennox, please save your money and go to another brand. We lived in a prior house for 5 years, had a low end unit and it ran like a champ... never one issue in five years...

Lennox if you read this, you should really think about your customers, and figure out why your units keep breaking down... Oh, could it be that you use crap parts, made in some far off land that fail and fail again... YEP!