Lennar Homes IncLennar Homes

We had a carpet defect issue and also a seam repair issue where the carpet was cut into and patched by Wayne Wiles (Lennar’s Contractor). We immediately issued a complaint. Several weeks later our Lennar Rep arrived with Brian Decker (WW). Brian did not seem to interested in the repair job gone wrong, but did confirm that the carpet was defective and that Mohawk would replace the living rm and all adjoining rms due to mismatching dye lots. We informed him at the time that we were not happy with the carpet and asked if the Mohawk credit could be applied to a better carpet in the bedrms and tile throughout the living rm. He agreed. He scheduled the tile install for 3/13 & 3/14. He said carpet would be done on 3/17. The tile guys arrived around 8:15a on Saturday stating they were going to try to get it all done in one day. I did not think much of this until I read the Mortar bag that advised tile should not be grouted until 16-24 hours after being laid. When I brought up my concern the installer pointed at the Sun and said it would be fine. Annoyed, I called around to tile companies. All confirmed this is not standard installation practice. I contacted Brian & he came out to our home the following Monday & knocked on the center of some of the tiles to prove that they were set. He advised us that as long as the tiles did not sound hollow, they were bonded to the floor and there was not a problem. He then advised WW guarantees their installs for 1 year and if we had any problems they would be taken care of and that he would draft a warranty letter (which I have if requested). When Brian left we decided to check our older tile that came standard with home. 60+ tiles are hollow in the main foyer, hallway, kitchen, bathrms, and master closet.See the Top 10 Worst Companies in Fort Myers, FL I immediately contacted our Lennar rep and pointed the hollow tiles out. She said she would address them with Bill Whiffen and WW to correct the problem. She contacted us to discuss other issues brought up through the walkthrough but never the tile. I finally called her on 3/26 and was informed that she had spoken with Brian, and Brian had advised her that it was not covered under the warranty. I find it fascinating that WW dictates to Lennar what Lennar’s warranty does and does not covers. The Lennar Warranty Book given to us at closing does not state hollow tile is excluded from warranty coverage. I stopped by a sales office on 3/26 and picked up the newer version which mentioned nothing on exclusions of tile warranty. Every tile expert that I have spoken with all state that hollow tile, while not showing cracking now, will be prone to cracking, shifting, and lifting later down the road. They all state that Hollow tile is caused by improper bonding to the floor by either poor installation or bad thinnest. I sent a summary of the flooring problems and other outstanding warranty claims to Bill and requested that our issues be resolved. I also cc’d the CEO, Stuart Miller. Both letters were sent certified mail. Bill responded on Monday (See attached E-Mails). Stating he would schedule a visit. We met with him on 3/31. He advised he would look into all other issues but the tile was not something that was covered. He advised that if it lifts or buckles after are warranty ends he would come out and fix it, but would not cover cracking. I requested his statement in writing, which he also provided via E-Mail. All we want is the tile that came with the home purchase redone correctly the way it should have been done in the first place. We will see what the Attorney General and BBB have to say about help.

Comments

• Di
      Jun 08, 2013

As of 2013, Lennar Homes (www.lennar.com) is secretly repairing failing roofing and/or landscaping mistakes which create flooding/pooling of water which they left behind in the aftermath of completing new development at POTOMAC MARK PLACE and ROANOKE SPRINGS DRIVE in Ruskin Florida 33570.

The only way to have them repair the roofing tiles and/or correct landscaping to properly flow/channel rain water AWAY from one's home is to have a LAWYER send them a letter requesting it.

Homeowner's in this neighborhood were required to sign a NON-DISCLOSURE AGREEMENT with Lennar Homes, in return to having the rework completed at no charge, despite the fact that Lennar Homes screwed up in the first place.

What's truly sad is that the window of opportunity (warranty) on the majority of these homes is nearing expiration. Homeowners have a right to know and have the shoddy work by Lennar Homes repaired asap.

• Bl
      Nov 05, 2013

Interesting... Because I just had a mold inspector out to my house and he pointed out that the mulch was pitched incorrectly causing water to retain on the stucco... Still fighting with Lennar. I plan on hiring a lawyer if things don't get resolved...

• Wa
      Nov 07, 2013

STAY AWAY FROM LENNAR. WE HAVE HAD PIPES JACKHAMMERED UP IN LIVING ROOM... DOOR JAMS REPLACED FOR FRONT DOOR... DEFECTIVE CABINETS AND COUNTERS REPLACED. WALL DAMAGE FROM CONTRACTORS.. CABINET DAMAGE FROM CONTRACTORS...COUNTER DAMAGE FROM CONTRACTORS... SHOWER LEAKS...CRACKING STUCCO... MYSTERIOUS BREAKING CERAMIC TILES THAT POP UP... WATER PRESSURE ISSUES...EPOZY FINISH PROBLEMS IN GARAGE...TEXTURE ISSUES... CARPET SEAM ISSUES...MIRROR ISSUES..ELECTRICAL ISSUES (MORE THAN ONE) ...A/C LEAK ... AND NUMEROUS RIGGED REPAIRS THAT I CALLED THEM ON AND HAD THEM REDO. bUY ANOTHER HOME EVEN IF FOR THOUSANDS MORE... YOU WILL SAVE A LOT OF HASSLE AND HEARTACHE...tHIS IS JUST WHAT I REMEMBER OFF THE TOP OF MY HEAD. THERES MORE. STAY AWAY AT ALL COSTS. tHEY ARE CHEP IN PRICES FOR A REASON.