Lennar Homes / Shoddy Construction
I closed on my new Lennar Townhome on 2/23/08. Agreed that a walk through was done prior to closing on the home and I did site a few things that need repaired. One thing was my main wall in my living room was severely bowed. There were a few holes in the sheetrock and a large nail sticking out of the handrail on the stairs. I have now been in my Lennar townhome for 1-1/2 years and my ceramic tile in my entry way has a crack running through the tiles, All of the rounded corners to the walls are splitting and I mean all of the rounded corners in the house, all of the fixtures in the bathrooms have fallen out of the walls because the screws did not hold and tore the sheetrock, The shower curtain rod in the upstairs bathroom will not stay up it falls and I put it up every single day, (not major but a hassle), a few months after I moved into the home, a leak developed in my front bedroom. I sent a work order for the roof to be repaired and the ceiling to be fixed. Now, hurricane Ike comes to Texas and guess what? Low and behold, the ceiling in the front bedroom caves in. Oh and it is right where the leak was the very first time. That is where it started.
Do you think this homebuilder is going to take responsibility for their shoddy homebuilding workmanship? Take a look on the internet. Their are thousands of complaints against this particular homebuilder even as far as California, Florida, and Texas.
Who is going to make this company correct these problems? I assure you that Lennar is not being held liable for these homes. If they were, Lennar would not be building these homes consistently with shoddy workmanship. I would say that someone needs to stand up for the consumer. I personally would like to file legal action against this home builder.
Angry at Lennar
More Lennar Homes Complaints & Reviews
- Lennar Homes - Poor construction and warranty policy 
- Lennar Homes - Disappointing story! 
- Lennar Homes - Keeping Escrow Monies 
- Lennar Homes - Scam artists 
- Lennar Homes - Poor Quality of the House 
- Lennar Corporation - I need my money back and my approval letter
- Lennar Corporation - home repair
- Lennar Corporation - lennar construction quality - 80+ construction defects and they just ignore homeowners
- Lennar Corporation - complaint/ lennar altair
- Lennar - lennar refused to take care of incorrectly installed ac unit