Lennar Homes / Prejudice

1 FL, United States Review updated:

Rented townhouse from an owner of a newly built townhome subdivision built by Lennar Homes. Received called from landlord several days ago about Lennar Homes refusing to do any more business with him until landlord got rid of several owners/renters (as landlord owns several properities in subdivision) for various reasons, even though owners/renters have 12 months leases already in play. After speaking with other owners that are being evicted they are all minorities. One other renter whose being evicted states that she is being asked to leave because Lennar homes does not want the owner to rent to section 8 renters. Reason given for wanting me evicted is because Lennar states there have been 6 complaints from other owners in subdivison about too many people living here and complaints about the music coming from home is violating the noise ordinance. However, there are no townhomes attached to my home except the office to the subdivision. And that there are only me and my 3 children living in my home. I do, however, have a few visitors in my home currently due to a death in the family. I am not on section 8, so I feel that something had to conjured up to find a way to evict me. A lawyer has been contacted. I feel this is a direct attempt to out renters who are minorities.

Comments

Di
  20th of Sep, 2008

And no I wasn't given any information about any of these 6 complaints before this contact from my landlord.

Bi
  11th of Jan, 2012

Contact me at: MyLennarLemon@gmail.com
MyLennarLemon.com (under construction)
- Margaret Mead

Di
  8th of Jun, 2013
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

As of 2013, Lennar Homes (www.lennar.com) is secretly repairing failing roofing and/or landscaping mistakes which create flooding/pooling of water which they left behind in the aftermath of completing new development at POTOMAC MARK PLACE and ROANOKE SPRINGS DRIVE in Ruskin Florida 33570.

The only way to have them repair the roofing tiles and/or correct landscaping to properly flow/channel rain water AWAY from one's home is to have a LAWYER send them a letter requesting it.

Homeowner's in this neighborhood were required to sign a NON-DISCLOSURE AGREEMENT with Lennar Homes, in return to having the rework completed at no charge, despite the fact that Lennar Homes screwed up in the first place.

What's truly sad is that the window of opportunity (warranty) on the majority of these homes is nearing expiration. Homeowners have a right to know and have the shoddy work by Lennar Homes repaired asap.