Lennar Corporation / refund of deposit

1 United States

I would like to express how disappointed I am of my experience as a first time buyer with Lennar. On January 2018, I went to the Lennar site at Storey Park. We loved everything that was being offered so we decided we wanted that to be our home. This was our first time even inquiring about houses, we had no experience whatsoever. So we start to the process and Mrs. Natalia Morales sends us the contract and she advised us that it has to be signed that same day and we have to pay the deposit money as soon as possible. My husband was only making $11/hr at that time but we advised Natalia that by February he was getting a promotion, so we were advised to sign the contract, pay the deposit and wait until the promotion so we can start the loan process with Eagle, while they knew it could take more than 30 days, they STILL advised us to complete everything and wait fir the promotion. The told us not to worry because with the raise, we'd definitely quality. My husband got his raised and we started the process, keeping in mind we already signed the contract and paid the deposit. Months passed by and Eagle Mortgage was taking a long time to finally approved. In May, Eagle DISAPPROVED the loan because my husband is hired by an agency and not by the company directly. The only way to get approved is if my husband gets hired with the company; we tried to have the company hire him directly but no success. We can't force a company to hire an employee. Everybody was aware of this since the beginning, Natalia, Eagle, the Realtor, everyone knew my husband was hired by the agency since day one. When I contact Natalia, she advised that the deposit money cant be returned, that it can only be returned within 30 days after signing the contract. But the contract says that if we as buyer provides a disapproval letter within the the mortgage period, then the deposit should be returned. It doesn't specify the amount of time that "Mortgage Period" is. Now I am left with no home and no deposit money. I think customer care and service failed this time. I think it would've been professional from Natalia to advised us that deposit can only be returned within 30 days after signing the contract, since it is not clearly stated in there, that way I would've waited at least until my husband got the raise to sign the contract or to start giving deposit money. I would love someone to take a look on my case and at least to consider refunding us our money.

An