Lend America / Refinancing-Not paying off old mtg loan

1 Berkeley Springs, WV, United States Review updated:
Phone: 304-820-4505

We refinanced our home with Lend America in Jan 2009, on May 22, 2009 our old loan company Wells Fargo had scheduled a lock out of our home. We had 20 minutes to gather belongings and get out. With four children and pets and I do not drive, my husband works in Baltimore, which is 2 hours away, I had to GET OUT. Come to find out, Lend America NEVER paid off our original loan. We have been paying them for 5 months, everything is in their computer system but all of our paperwork is supposedly been lost, gone. They at first admitted to their mistake and sent a check to Wells Fargo then turned around to put a stop payment on it. I am wondering if this is actually a scan, I am out. We do have a lawyer and we are trying to resolve the issue, but Lend America will not get back with us to let us know one way or the other. My children want their toys, their beds, their games. We were promised to get back in and we are not yet. This has been a nightmare, an embarrassment. Feelings of letting down my children, I cannot imagine how they are feeling. Something needs to be done with this company, they are supposed to be government backed, maybe the government should stop backing these rip offs. I do have to say though, Wells Fargo has bent over backwards to try to help, which they did not have to do. They too have been wronged, with promisory notes from Lend America. I do say thanks to Wells Fargo and their understanding staff, it is much appreciated and we know your hands are tied to an extend too. You are appreciated in this time. Thank you Wells Fargo.

Sc

Comments

• Ro
      10th of Jun, 2009

I am legal counsel to Lend America. I have been in contact with Lend America to investigate your allegations. You are mistaken that you refinanced your home through Lend America. Lend America has never originated a loan for you or your wife, nor even taken a mortgage application or ran a credit report in your or your wife’s name. This has been confirmed by a search of Lend America’s mortgage database and through their outside credit vendor. While Lend America is sympathetic to your family’s situation, having been evicted by your mortgage bank, Lend America had absolutely no involvement in this matter.

ph 631 944-6924

• Ti
      10th of Aug, 2009

Someone from LEND America contacted PSE&G to have the service shut off and we have NOT even seen the table or the pens to to sign the SALE of the house! If PSE&G tuens everything off, I may just take a day trip to NEW YORK!

• Ti
      10th of Aug, 2009

As for Savitsky...They PROLLY lost the paper work for that couple.@@

• Rs
      12th of Aug, 2009

As previously stated, while Lend America is sympathetic to the family’s situation, having been evicted by their mortgage bank, Lend America had did not process a mortgage application for this family and had absolutely no involvement in this matter. No paperwork was lost or misplaced.

ph 631 270-6040

• Li
      17th of Aug, 2009

This happens often at lend America and I do not understand how they are still able to do business. The lawyer Robert is on staff at Lend America and has to spend his days reading all negative press and trying to defend his company. It is a joke, in every complaint he starts with " I have been in contact with Lend America to investigate your allegations" he is in the same office with the same address. Please this company is full of smoke and mirrors and will be on Dateline sometime soon.

• Li
      17th of Aug, 2009

Call the Banking Department of NY @ (212) 618-6445

• Re
      26th of Aug, 2009

To Robert Savitsky, P.C. You did not even read the artical that this WOMAN wrote!

This is obvious by your assuming the writter to be the husband!

She wrote (Quote: With four children and pets and I do not drive, my husband works in Baltimore, which is 2 hours away, I had to GET OUT!

Your response was (Quote: a loan for you or your wife, nor even taken a mortgage application or ran a credit report in your or your wife’s name.

You do not read the ( Refinancing-Not paying off old mtg loan ), Complaint.

Lend America obviously shredded all the evidence. Even from you!

• Rs
      27th of Aug, 2009

Thanks for picking up on such an important part of my response written over two months ago, when the truly important part of the response was that although Lend America was sympathtic to the family situation, they did not make a loan to this family. I spoke to the husband prior to my response, so the response was directed to both he and his wife.

ph 631 270-6040

• Lo
      30th of Sep, 2009

Well. ... I came this site after seeing lend America on TV. I can already tell that this is an orgqanizarion that is ran haphazardly. I am no longer interested in doing business with them. many thanks to the couple that wrote in and saved the rest of us from similar torment.

• Le
      30th of Dec, 2009

funny that Mr Savistsky listed his address above as Lend Americas address, and now the NY BBB lists both addresses as one in the same at a different address. Do yoy and Michael Ashley think we are stupid and cannot find you. I sent my lawyer your new info and I hope she uses it.