Leisure Time Savings Club / Debit charges that were unauthorized!

1 Santa Rosa California, United States Review updated:

We received a phone call stating that the Credit Card Company was offering free gifts because of our good rating. We would receive some free stuff in the mail and then some brochures about their products. If we were interested we could sign up, if not then do nothing. They received no information from us about any debit or credit card number. A few days later debits starting appearing in our bank account Unlimited Blue Rate $3.50 and $49.90; Identity Protection $3.95 and $49.91; Financial Magazine $1.05. We called all these companies immediately and said we did not want anything from them and we wanted our money back. They at first said they would credit our account. When it didn't happen in a couple of days, we called again. They then said they would send us a check. Nothing happened. We called again and got the run around for 2 days and then they said they would credit our account. That was a week ago and still nothing. Then other charges started coming out of our account: Direct Discount Club $1.00 and $29.95; Leisure Time Savings $1.00 and $2933. and Check Bill WAUS $1.05.

We got another call a week ago saying about the same thing. The person on the other end of the phone gave out the last four digits of one of our cards. He was asked where he got the card number. He said it was purchased from a company and then he hung up.

Is there not any way to stop this stealing? We can change our numbers but others will still be caught in the snare. The people calling do not take no for an answer.

Comments

• Ca
      6th of Feb, 2008

We received the same unauthorized charges. Look out for 2 other companies operating the same way:
    Direct Discount Club www.savingsdiscount.com
    American Family Healthcare www.myhealthcareservice.com

• La
      10th of Feb, 2008

I noticed the Check Bill Waus on my account today. Does changing your card number solve this problem?

11th of Feb, 2008

We had "check Bill Waus" on our account today also. I have no clue how or why this appeared on our account. I did something for "Grant Master" a few months ago and had problems and I think our card was sold. Or some how tapped into. I called the bank and talked to the fraud department and they put a hold on our debit cards until the amount post to the account then they will open the one that wasn't used and issue a new card for the one that was. They also put the money into the account and are going after whoever these people are.

• Bo
      11th of Feb, 2008

I too was a subject for Bill Waus thismorning, getting charged the $1.05..

I also fell for the Grant Master last month, so this makes them the guilty party obviously in this selling number scam.

They should be taken to the total extent of the legal punishment for this, and I would be more than happy to testify in court as well as show up on their door with tv cameras to show this operation to the world.

Too many crooks in the world anymore, lesson learned, never use card on line except for trusted sites like travelocity or thru a paypal account.

• He
      12th of Feb, 2008

I too had check Bill Waus for 1.05 come out of my checking account. I immediately called my bank to let them know I had no idea who this is and to please stop payment on this. Luckily, the bank had already stopped the authorization any way. Today, however, I had another one from Richard W. Thoresen (Delaware) for an attempted 3.??. The bank stopped all activity on my card and emailed me an alert which instructed me to get in touch with the fraud department at the bank. The man I spoke with (Eddie) said I'd have to have my old card cancelled and a new one issued to stop this. Apparently the only number these crooks have is my card number not my account number. I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but about a month ago I had a run in with Malware Crush which is a computer pest that I guess steals some information off your computer. I think this is where my mess started.

• Ri
      13th of Feb, 2008

I want to cancel please remove my membership #2988931 group #9637

• Eb
      22nd of Feb, 2008

If anyone puechased a Grant Master CD. let me tell you that they ARE SELLING YOUR BANK INFORMATION. I called their customer service and was told that those charges are in terms of condition and that i didn't read it carefully. I was also told that since it was close to March they were going to cancel the subscription before the next monthly bill was due. ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS HOW DO I GET MY MONEY BACK AND STOP THIS COMPANY? look out for netwokagenda.com 9.95, Check Bill WAUS $1.05, AMA*HEALTH OPTIONS $9.95 , WC *VALUE PLUS-V $1.00 , AMA*QR HEALTH BENEFITS 9.95... they may also appear on your account.

23rd of Feb, 2008

I have not joined or even checked out anyhting in months. But today I got a charbe of $ 1.05 . Any help on who to call/ email to get this Stopped ?

26th of Feb, 2008

The same has been showing on my Bank of America credit card as far back as November 2007. None of my other accounts have been hit. Check all your credit cards past statements and contact your credit card companies. These are fraudulent charges and when reported the credit card companies take the charges off your cards and investigate them thoroughly. Personally, I think this is due to the "loss" of a large amount of secure information that Bank of America reported a short while back. The "check Bill Waus " charge originated out of Washington state on my account. Bank of America is in process of investigating my report. Follow through and it will protect your credit.

26th of Feb, 2008

IF ENOUGH PEOPE GET INVOLVED, A CLASS ACTION SUIT CAN BE PURSUED ON THESE AND OTHER COMPANIES TRYING THE SAME SCHEMES.

• He
      29th of Feb, 2008

I too just found a pending "Check Bill Waus Kirkland WA US" on my debit card statement. Thankfully this is one of those reloadable debit cards like Green Dot or NetSpend.

I have just sent a notice to them that this was a fraudulent charge and gave them this web site as well as listing most of the companies others have mentioned.

I got suckered into the Grant Masters Program back in November, and tonight received a call about getting a $25 visa gift card and all this other crap. I figure they owe me at least the $25 for what they've taken out of my account before I canceled the accounts.

Add me to the list of complainants if this class action ever gets off the ground.

• Wi
      1st of Mar, 2008

HAVE BOUGHT GRANT MASTER CD AND SAME THING WAS GOING TO HAPPEN FORTUNATELY BANK CAUGHT TRANSACTION. THEY ARE IN THE MIDDLE OF INVESTIGATION AND FULLY INTEND ON PROSECUTION. DO NOT BUY GRANT MASTER.

• Wi
      1st of Mar, 2008

GRANT MASTER IS A COMPANY THAT IS CONNECTED TO ANOTHER CALLED RAVEN MEDIA OUT OF BELIZE CITY, BELIZE AND STATE THEY ARE ONLY SUBJECT TO THAT LAW AND NO OTHER. ANOTHER SCAM ON PEOPLE.

• Ad
      2nd of Mar, 2008

I dont understand the purpose of the Direct Discount Club deducting money from my account every month!!! I never signed up and I dont understand the purpose of the business itself! Please cancel my service with you!!!

5th of Mar, 2008

Anyone know of a contact number to Bill Waus Kirkland?

• Ta
      6th of Mar, 2008

I became aware of the same problem on my card this morning. I was charged $1.05 from Check Bill Waus. When I alerted my bank they said that I have to take it up with the company that charged my account and write a letter disputing the carge to the bank. I don't have any information about who this is except for what I have found out from reading other peoples encounters with this same company. I also have purchased the Grant Master CD. I hope they can be stopped. If anyone knows what we can do I would appreciate the information.

• De
      6th of Mar, 2008

This charge also appeared on my account. Does anyone have some contact information on these people? I had issues with the Grant Master thing too, but when I cancelled everything with them, they told me that there would be no additional charges. I guess they lied.

6th of Mar, 2008

Well I have been hit with this Check Bill Wasus too. My hit was outta kerkland WA. I had ordered something from google for 1.00 and got all these other charges now google and GRANT MASTER are suppose to be refunding my money. I am in the process of calling a company called NETWORKAGENDA as well. I tried the Company information:

Check Bill WAUS
    4102 s 20th
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Phone: 402-614-4173

Guess what its a residence not a business. I have tried on superpages. com and big yellow to find this company. Can't find a number for them. I have looked it up under check bill waus and under just bill waus nothing anywhere. And when I asked GRANT MASTER about this and that I had already been online and checked all this out the guy I spoke to told me they didn't have a phone number for that program. So apperently they do have the Check Bill WAUS program.

• Ge
      7th of Mar, 2008

I saw the $1.05 charge from Check Bill WAUS, KIRKLAND, WA on my pending transactions section of my bank online statement and called the fraud department. They said that this was a test charge. If no one does anything about it (since it's such a small amount some people don't notice it) the company will then counterfeit a card with your number on it and take you for all that they can.
    I agree this fraud must be stopped.
    I also had dealings with Grant Master. When I ordered their CD online I was charged $1.97 for shipping and handling. Seemed fair at the time. Then I had a charge from BSM/SBA for $39.95. I called and made them remove the charge. A little while later I had another charge, this time for $7.95, also from BSM/SBA. I called again and the operator said that the previous operator hadn't explained properly to me that this was going to be charged to my account every month and that I had authorized it. I informed her that the charge needed to be debited back to my account and if any further charges were placed on my account I would notify the Attorneys General of my home state and Nevada (where these crooks were doing business).

8th of Mar, 2008

I did not ask for your service and do not want it. Do not put any charges on my credit card!