Legalzoom.com

Posted:

Double-Billing

LegalZoom.com
California
On March 3, 2010 I renewed my "Registered Agent" service for a Nevada Limited Liability Company I set up using LegalZoom.com. There were two options: $159 for a one-year renewal or $288 for a two-year renewal. I paid $288 for a two-year renewal. As an aside, a "Registered Agent Service" is a service for forwarding official notices and other mail concerning your corporate entity when you live out of state. On Feb 18, 2011 I received a renewal notice in the mail telling me it was time to renew my "Registered Agent" service even though I still had one year left. If I had not checked to see that I had chosen the two-year option last year, I would have ended up double paying. I believe this is unethical and misleading behavior on the part of LegalZoom.
Complaint comments Comments (3)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Lawyers and Attorneys

Comments

N  26th of Aug, 2014 by    0 Votes
My name is Jeannine M. Bicknell. I have used Legalzoom for my Will and Power of Attorney - all done to my satisfaction.

Last year my finances went done the black hole and I called and cancelled the $14.00 per month only to see it still come
it would be taken off from January of this year and I was relieved for a short period of time - I found it taken off my debit
card and put into my credit card )about 5 or 6 payments on the same day.

I am 78 years young and not in the best of health and live alone - please help me with this problem.

Thanking you in advance, Jeannine M. Bicknell
N  26th of Aug, 2014 by    0 Votes
My name is Jeannine M. Bicknell I have used Legalzoom in the past for my Will and Power of Attorney - all done with satisfaction.

Last year my finances went down the black hole and I call and cancelled the $14.00 per month only to see it still come off my card. I called again and it still was on my card - I called this month I believe around the 8th and the young lady said it would be taken off from January of this year and I was relieved for a short period of time - I found it taken of my debit card and put into my credit card about 5 or 6 payments on the same day.

I am 78 years young and not in the best of health (working on that) and live alone - please help me with this problem.

Thanking you in advance - Jeannine M. Bicknell
N  23rd of Sep, 2014 by    0 Votes
Hi Jeannine, sorry to hear that you were charged for a service you did not want and were not aware of. I would like to help you resolve this right away. Please contact me directly at Chyna@lzserve.com.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree