Legacy LD / Collect calls

United States Review updated:
Collect calls from my son with Legacy Ld company, the calls were a rip off. They should be reported for over charging. 5 min call 20.34 that is out of touch.

N  22nd of Mar, 2008 by
I made a collect call from a pay phone at the airport, Newark, NJ. Legacy LD billed $25 through AT&T. Outrageous! Legacy said "we own the pay phones and can bill anything we want." FCC forwards complaints to the vendor in an effort to resolve the complaint. My letters to Legacy received no reply, but I received a 90% credit very soon after making my complaint to the FCC.

AT&T functions as a third party vendor and will credit back late charges and provide 90 day period in order to resolve the issue with Legacy.
N  14th of Sep, 2010 by

Legacy LD - Double billed for my calls
Legacy LD

Legacy LD Intl Inc double billed me for collect calls made in June 2010. I was billed in June for them and again in July. I called them and they said they would send a check but it would take 6 to 8 weeks. They slammed and crammed me (Verizon used tht term). I will be reporting this to the Better Business Bureau because it seems that others have been slammed & crammed also.

I encourage anyone else who had this experience with Legacy LD to report them to the BBB in California and also to the BBB in your home state. They should not be allowed to get away with this. Think of all the double billing they are probably getting way with.
N  1st of Oct, 2010 by
legacy charged me 75.75 for 3 collect calls I never accepted...I disputed the calls ask them to tell me how long were these calls I supposedly accepted, she said that that was handle by the dispute team when they researched my dispute they would tell me that information it has been 5 months and I have yet to get any answer from them and now seem to be unable to a live person to speak to anymore. THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM AND FRAUD !!!