Leeds/ Simmons / The worst customer service and charging unfair fees

United States, California Review updated:
Leeds Mattress
Southern CA
I feel it's a moral obligation to warn people or possible future customers about this mattress company, by sharing with the public my recent nightmare experience I had with this company.

But before I go on, it's only fair to point out that I am partly to blame. I should have done my homework first by checking Leeds out on the Better Business Bureau's website. Had I have done that first, I would have learned about the several complaints they currently have registered by many unhappy customers. If I had been aware of this, I would have never done business with Leeds from the start.

But to make a long story short, my mattress that I purchased with Leeds back in August of 08, was found to defective. And after going through months of horrible customer service with Leeds ( constant mis-information given, no call backs, rudeness, ignoring me in the store etc), they actually had the nerve to charge me a 50.00 dollar delivery fee for replacing the defective mattress they sold me in the first place-as if it was my fault. However, I checked with their major competitor, and they stated that they do not charge for delivering on a defective mattress case.

So I'm wondering why would Leeds penalize their customers for something clearly the customers had no control of and clearly it's not the customers fault for receiving a defective mattress. But apparently Leeds doesn't care, because they charged me 50.00 dollars for replacing my defective mattress they sold me. I have tried to talk to Neil the owner, but all i get is the supervisors which informs me that Leeds "sub hires" their drivers, so they have to eat the cost of the delivery, and Leeds just passes that charge onto the customer.

I also had a problem with the different Leeds stores when trying to pick out and upgrade my replacement mattress. One Leeds store wanted to charge me 1399.00 for the upgrade, yet when I went to another Leeds store, they told me that charging me 1399.00 was wrong and I only had to pay 590.00 (including the delivery fee). So their various stores aren't even on the same page.

So after months of dealing with the different Leeds stores and customer service (if you dare to call it that), I find them to be very unorganized and unprofessional and would'nt reccomend doing business with this establishment.

N  17th of Nov, 2009 by
Has anyone herd of a law suite against Simmons about there wacky defective descriptions. I have a mattress set we have had troubles sleeping on for months. Just because it doesn't have a inch and half pit in the mattress it's OK with them. There has to be a different way to prove It's a POS. There need to be a middle man that comes to your place to get the facts and he decides if it's not right, (not the company). we have 10 mattress in the past 10 years, All have been pillow tops and none have held more than 2 years. This must be a scam
N  11th of Oct, 2010 by
I am Neil Leeds, and I stand by My company.These complaint boards do not help clients tell the whole story, especially when our competitors write what they want when they want.We have every bed on file that needed service and what the reports were and what the factory and leeds were willing to do.We hold a better business rating of A plus.I plan to continue that rating.I am sad to see that people will do anything to put a company out of business for a complaint that has no merit.Thank you Neil Leeds.I am here in my office at 818-759-7211 and will take any call from any of my clients.I am here to help and I stake my name on my company, in which many firms do not.I do not hide behind a no name company, I am neil leeds, and We are leeds mattress stores.I think clients who read this should try us out and if you find our service and prices to be a problem please call me so I can help you directly.

Simmons Logo Simmons