LEC Wireless / Internet Service Provider does NOT provide!

1 309 Main StreetMaypearl, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 972.293.7043

I started with Texas Air Net in July and I thought they were bad. Once LEC took over, I couldn't believe anything could be worse than TAN, but boy was I wrong!!! LEC has to be the absolute, hands down worst Internet service provider on this planet! On a daily basis, I hang, speeds drop down to less than dialup, and go down constantly. They have minimum wage know-nothing monkeys working for support. If you get to speak to their boss, Mike Maendler, he blows smoke up your ### telling you to be patient it will get better. Then he goes on to tell you they are going to increase bandwidth and I'm going to love it. Damn, I'd settle for just having service that works!!!

LEC Wireless has terminated my service due to me complaining about lack of service and constantly going down. This has seriously affected my job.

I am in the process of retaining an attorney who will bring a class action lawsuit against Leading Edge Communications, and LEC Wireless. I have contacted customers of LEC Wireless that I know are unhappy with their lack of service and they are very happy to be part of this lawsuit.

If you would like to be included in the class action lawsuit against Leading Edge Communications and LEC Wireless, please email your contact information to LECClassAction@gmail.com. If you know any current LEC Wireless customers or any that have left LEC that would be interested in persuing this with us, please pass this on to them. Remember, there is strength in numbers!

The bottom line is LEC is stealing from us (charging full rates and not providing) and they should pay dearly for that!

Do yourself a favor, find something else. This company sucks beyond belief and makes Texas Air Net look like a great service company, if you can believe that.

I'm in the process of working with the guys at Wifi45 to get a tower set up here and get service. Things are looking very promising. Once that happens, I'll be giving LEC the finger and contacting my attorney for damages LEC had caused me (my job and reputation).

I recommend everyone file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Below is a link to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. When you are prompted, it is better to use LEC phone number to locate the company. It is [protected].

»https://odr.bbb.org/odrweb/public/GetStarted.aspx

The more people that file complaints, the better. A company like this should not be allowed to walk all over it's customers the way LEC does!

Thank you!

More LEC Wireless Complaints & Reviews

Comments

16th of Jan, 2008

Why did you remove my previous complaint against LEC Wireless?
    I certainly did not request it's removal. My service from LEC Wireless is so bad with connection speed in the lower Kb range and outages more than 80% of the time that I am dropping LEC wireless and going with Air Canopy.

• Em
      1st of Feb, 2008

I agree. I have not paid my bill in 3months. I told them i was not paying my bill until the internet was fixed. Like you said, they tell me to wait it will get better. Someone has came out to my house 3 times too. My grandparents across town in midlothian are having the same problem. I currently live in venus. My husband is in the Army and is currently oversea's and the internet is my only hope in talking to him as much as i would like. I would love to help out anyways possible. Lec wireless is not a good provider and needs to stop messing people around. We had no say so in Texas Airnet going over to Lec wireless. There serive stinks!!

2nd of Feb, 2008

It took me from 11:00 p.m until 2:00 last Friday to print an important document from my Email that I needed for early Saturday morning. It was so slow
    that I had to keep trying for 3 hours. My husband
    had made repeated calls to Lec in December about repeated interrupted service but nobody
    ever return his call.

6th of Feb, 2008

From: Marcus Hardin
    4771 N. Hwy 67
    Midlothian, Tx 76065

To: Leading Edge Comunications
    Atten: Sylvia
    Re: Our telephone conversation Tue. Feb. 5 2008

Sylvia, pass this on to whoever it needs to go to.

My original internet service was with Texas Air Net and I was fairly well satisfied with their service, albeit not as fast as was advertised, but from the time your company took over from Texas Air Net, the internet service has been virtually non- existent.

I was recently forced to seek another Internet Provider because of intermittent and very slow internet service provided by your company. You collected money from me for over two months for internet service that was out about 60 -70 per cent of the time When it was on, the speed was always well below one megabite. Most of the time, it was below nignty kilobites. I attempted to contact your customer service department many times to ask when the service interruptions would end. I was greeted with a recording telling me to hang in there, new equipment is being installed and it would be finished tomorrow --tomorrow--tomorrow.

I was willing to cut you a little slack but you have greatly abused my good nature.

You and your company rely on a telephone company to provide you with uninterrupted service twenty four seven. You would be forced to switch to another telephone company immediately if your telephone provider defaulted in the way your company has defaulted with it's consumers. When the telephone company installs new equipment they complete the job first, then they completely test the system before transferring existing customer lines. This is usually done seamlessly without the consumer ever knowing any thing about it. The telephone company operates within FCC Guidelines and does not force it's consumers to accept severely diminished service the way you attempted to with your paying consumers. This would be totally unacceptable from a telephone company and is totally unacceptable from you and your company.

You and your company collected money from me and other consumers by credit card for defaulted internet service. This in it's self is probably illegal, however I am not seeking money for the months of terrible lack of service, just for the expense of being forced to have a new service installed. This fact was made known on Tuesday, February, Fifth, 2008 by telephone to your employee Sylvia who responded in a negative way.

I would prefer to settle this without having to resort to small claims court. However I am retired and though I place great value on my time , I will if necessary take the time to contact many of your ex-customers to join as witnesses against you and your company. Most really resent being shafted and some have already considered taking legal action There is much easily verifiable evidence against you.

Make it light on yourselves and do the right thing.

I am requesting that you to check your records for what I was charged for the installation of equipment at my location and return that amount to me by certified check with no conditions.

4771 N. Hwy 67
    Midlothian, Tx. 76065
    mhardin104@aol.com

8th of Feb, 2008

This is an email that I received from LEC Wireless. Can you believe this guys arrogance. He just cant get it through his thick head that consumers are entitled to receive products and services that they pay for, not adulterated products and services. LEC Wireless couldn't or wouldn't keep it's fingers off the scale by continuing to charge for something that they had no intention of delivering.

Mr. Hardin,

We do appreciate your feedback on our services and your experiences. However, you were never under any contract with LEC, and therefore free to select, or change, providers at any time and point you desired. No one ever held you hostage or forced you to continue with service that did not suit or serve your needs.

There are many technical reasons why the networks and services were cut over in the manner they were, including technologies that do not co-exist together. We made decisions that were in the best interests of all parties.

I am truly sorry for troubles you may have experienced as we converted the old technology to the new cutting edge technology. I am also sorry we completed this process after you elected to leave/cancel service. This cutting edge equipment is currently performing exceptionally well. In fact it has exceeded our initial expectations, and this is just the beginning. Our customers are now entering the 54mb connection zone, which no other provider can do! This is why we have gone to the lengths we have – no matter how you look at it, people want more speed and quality. There is only one way to guarantee that, and we have created that way, and it is working.

No refund will be issued, and your equipment must be returned to LEC, or you will be charged for this equipment. Failure to return or pay for this will put your account into collections, and will be reflected on your credit report. In addition we will proceed along other legal means to recover our equipment. Lets avoid this entire process by simply returning our equipment, and agreeing to part company, with the understanding that LEC failed to live up to your expectations and service needs.

If you wish to handle this in another manner, I will be glad to provide you our On-Staff legal departments direct contact information.

Again, we are sorry we failed to meet your service needs, and hope to have an opportunity to do better for you in the future.

Regards,

From: Marcus Hardin
    Very Disgruntled Ex. Consumer of
    Leading Edge Communications defaulted service,

Mr Maendler,
    I could hardly believe that a representative of your company would make such a stupid statement.This statement by you as an LEC Wireless Company representative is true. Your and your company readily admit that you and/or LEC Wireless has never had any contract with me. Your company denies that it purchased Texas Air Net therefore you have no claim to anything that I paid for connected to Texas Air Net.

If you continue to pursue the course that you have indicated and in any way try to damage my excellent credit, rest assured I will sue your company for much more than the small rebate that I have requested. The rebate money means very little to me but my excellent credit rating does

You might snow most of the people with threats of legal action but I have been connected with companies with legal departments and guess what? We had to pay the lawyers for their services plus court costs if they lost. Your legal fees will be far greater than the small rebate that I have requested. There is no way you can come out unscathed, it's just a matter of what degree of punishment you are willing to impose on yourselves. You can continue taking a hard-headed stance and back yourselves in a corner but it will cost you far more in the end. You could stop being stupid and just get it over by returning my installation cost.

Remember: LEC Wireless continued collecting money from consumers credit cards, consciously knowing and admit that they knew, that consumer's internet service would be out of service. It was LEC Wireless who defaulted in serving it's consumers, denying consumers services that those consumers paid for. This seems to border on theft of services.

8th of Feb, 2008

This is a return email from LEC Wireless. Doesn't this make you really want to sign up with LEC Wireless just as fast as you can?

Leading Edge requires no contracts of ANY of our customers. Your vain attempt to challenge wording will not release you of the liability to return OUR equipment.

The service issues we acknowledged were brief interruptions during upgrade points in the process.

Our attorney is on staff, and we will be referring this matter to him if a collection agency is unable to resolve this matter with you. As far as the credit reporting goes, it would be in your best interest to protect your credit by returning what does not belong to you, or paying for it.

Good Day.
    Mike Maendler

8th of Feb, 2008

You last mail reinforces the old saying "there is no accounting for stupidity".

10th of Feb, 2008

I was recently forced to drop LEC Wireless due to terrible service. I signed on with Air Canopy and so far their service has been as advertised.

I can't vouch first hand but I have investigated Tier-One Networks
    and found them to be first rate with an excellent reputation. They offer up to 5megs for $49.95 with free installation. That is Ten Bucks a month less than the other guy's $59.95 for equal or better service. Sounds good to me.

10th of Feb, 2008

If anyone out there would like to join me in fileing fraud charges against LEC Wireless for the fraud it pulled on it's consumers go to www.ic3.gov

There is an online form at this site for making your charges. -- MH

12th of Feb, 2008

I invoiced LEC Wireless for two months of defaulted service and for the cost of switching to a new provider.

If they fail to pay in a timely manner my next step will be filing a complaint against them in small claims court.

To recoup the money that I was cheated out of, I was advised to invoice them first so I sent a simple invoice to lecinc@lecinc.net

If they refuse to pay, I was told to pick up a simple one page form available at the District Justice Of The Peace Office,for filing a claim in small claims court.

There is ample evidence.
    Their own record can be used against them.

I am very sure that it is still illegal to sell an adulterated product in the State of Texas.
    mhardin104@aol.com

• Mi
      14th of Feb, 2008

Mr. Hardin,

I agree with some of your issues but like all companies there will be growing pains.

I have been very frustrated with down time at critical points as I run a business from home also. But I found ways around the situation.

I felt that they should credit customers for some of there down time. I beleive the telephone company would provide you with a credit if this were to happen. But on the other hand my electricity was out for 2 days and the electric company basically so sorry that is just how like goes.

So why don't you just take your dose and move on. Everyone has some issues with a lot of things in life but we can't just go around sueing everyone that makes us unhappy. That seems to be the problem with the world. Just voice your opinion to everyone you meet and that should hurt them more than all the mud slinging that seems to be going on.

I have recently learned that life really is too short to be worrying about the little stuff. I lost my dad recently and he was retired and only 70 yrs old. So as I just said LIFE is too short- Move on.

I had alot of issue with Texas air Canopy but you dont see me on here making threats.

22nd of Feb, 2008

Michelle,
    Thanks for the advice but sometimes breaking one's principles can cause more life stress than taking action. Any time in my life that I have allowed my nose to be "rubbed in it" without taking action, it bothered from then on. I have no problem with a company having growing pains but I do have a problem with them passing their pains on to me in the arrogant, caviler manner that they did.
    The example you gave of the power outage is not quite apples and oranges. You probably did not pay in advance for the power that was not delivered and you were not charged for the power that you did not receive. You also did not have the added expense of purchasing new electrical service equipment from another provider.

There is hard cold cash as well as principle involved.

I filed in small claims court today for the return of my payments for the months of defaulted internet service plus the expense of having to switch to another provider.-- And guess what? "I feel good" for having taken this action and I will continue to "feel good" in the future for having taken this action regardless of the outcome..
    ---Marcus Hardin

• Le
      5th of Mar, 2008

Kinda funny... They have to employ an attorney on staff to handle all the legal issues. Must be some bad service... I currently have air canopy and thought about switching because there speeds advertised are faster.. Like the Business Packages... I will definitely not switch after reading this. My interest sparked after seeing there big billboard off the highway. They also claim to be Christian owned. Where's the integrity?

14th of Mar, 2008

LEC Wireless knew up-front that they would dismantle the Texas Air Net system when they sent out emails inducing former Texas Air Net consumers to join LEC. This means that they fraudulently took money from these consumers all the while knowing that their service would be interrupted almost immediately and for quite some time while equipment change-overs took place. They cannot use the excuse that they did not know that the two equipment systems were incompatible when they took over Texas Air Net. Their Vice President of Operations is Mike Maendler who was known as Andrew when he ran Texas Air Net. Hmmm. It will be very interesting to see how the courts and the Attorney General treat this fraud. Some of you just might get your money back. If the Attorney General finds them guilty the total amount that they may have to return to Texas Air Net consumers could be well over $100,000.00

• Wi
      6th of May, 2008

I wish to keep this anonymous as this is a small community that these guys service. I used to be a business customer of Texas Air Net and was also taken out of service during LEC's little coup d’état over Texas Air Net. They told me the same things when service would go down. I'm now with another provider that's been in the community for over a decade and service is wonderful. One of their former employees now works for my new provider because he couldn't stand working for such a dishonest company. Last time I saw him, he informed me that Michael Maendler and Leroy Nabors would intentionally turn my service off daily for 30 minutes, and up to 5 hours, at a time. All the while sitting back and laughing about it. This hurt my business dramatically and I lost 10% of my customers due to this. I'm still deciding on taking them to court myself for the intended, malicious and illegal interference that they inflicted on my business just because they don't know how to absorb constructive critism very well. These guys will stoop to anything just to try to keep the charade of being a reputable provider. I think that these guys are going to get what's coming to them in the end. But, depending on how my attorneys feel about taking suit, I may be calling on you Mr. Hardin if you don't mind.

I'll stay in touch.

Burned Hard by LEC

2nd of Jun, 2008

I got wind that LEC Wireless was brought into court and lost! Marcus Hardin was the one suing LEC and he won his case! That opens the door to all of us that want to walk right through now and do the same. Apparently, it was an easy case for the judge to rule on and LEC had no leg to stand on.

Well, let's all get our day in court now that we know it's a walk in the park and we can get our day and hopefully shut this company down once and for all.

• Cs
      6th of Jul, 2008

I have been having the same problems as everyone on here.. Who has done what to find a new provider. I am so sick of the "stuff" I am being put through. When I do talk to them, they act like I am in the wrong for wanting to know whats going on.

I didn't mind the "growing pains that they had, I can understand that, the problem I have is being charged full price for weeks of down time. Or When they came out and "repode" my gear after taking payment for the month, when I did find the missing gear, and finally talk to them, No one could answer a simple questions. "Why was the gear picked up? Why was the check cashed the two days before gear was pulled? Why was I billed for 4 days that I didn't have gear?

The past two days I have been getting speeds from 14.4-251kbps, I know for a fact this is not what I am dishing out $53 a month for.

So tell me what you guys are doing and I know I will jump on the "ban" wagon..

23rd of Jul, 2008

Depends upon where you are. Take a look at WiFi45 (www.wifi45.com). They are growing by leaps and bounds and are quite good. I switched to them and have not had any down time. They're increasing speed from 1.5 Mbps to 3 Mbps in 3 weeks and lowering th eprice. Can't beat that! They can also be reached by phone (something LEC has no clue about) pretty much anytime of the day or night. Great bunch of guys at wifi45. It's worth a look to see if they service your area.

23rd of Sep, 2008

Last Result:
    Download Speed: 147 kbps (18.4 KB/sec transfer rate)
    Upload Speed: 336 kbps (42 KB/sec transfer rate)

This don't seem like 100 mbps, what gives?