Lease Source Inc / unauthorized debits

8910 Kingston RoadShreveport, LA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 3186833232

Lease Source has been our credit card processing equipment lease provider for over two years. They have just recently began debiting a new bank account with unauthorized charges- in varying amounts and without prior consent. They obtained the bank information from a paper check payment sent to them in the previous months. This is ridiculous and illegal. they literally took our banking information and presented it as if they were authorized to do what they are doing. This is a terrible company and I will seek justice concerning this act of injustice.

W.Burriel

More Lease Source Inc Complaints & Reviews

Comments

Ja
  31st of Dec, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
We have had the same problems with this company! They have caused us stress for over 2 years now. We opened our business and had a lady coming and calling our business repeatedly wanted to setup us up with a credit card machine. After long consideration and talking to the lady many times about no contract get out anytime without fees we signed. The biggest mistake of our lives. We closed the business after a year. Second mistake of leaving our business account open and not closing it. I had spoke with Lease Source and the lady that sold it to us and was told there would not be any fees they were finding someone to take over the lease. Well, I get a letter in the mail from my bank stating that our business account had been closed and the negative was settled from our personal account. This company had took out over $500 in fees including returned check fees from the company without authorization. I spoke to Lease Source and they told me they could do whatever they wanted and I had to pay them $1700 and return the credit card machine. This is insane! We have continued making them monthly payments, not wanting to ruin or credit we have worked so hard to keep excellent by all standards. If they do not receive payment on or before due they call and harass up stating they know our credit score how low it is and they know we don't pay our bills but we are not going to do that to them. I have never had bad credit in my life! Who are they to say what I am?! I have a few thoughts for them. Well, they called on Christmas Eve as we was with family wanting money. We told them there was a check in the mail. They said thank you and hung up. Today I look at my bank account and see they have took the money out by withdrawal and not the check. My husband calls Lease Source and they tell us we have not paid and they took the account number off of a previous past check and withdrew the money themselves! We told them this was illegal and they told us once again they could do whatever they wanted because we owned them money. They also stated any company can go in a take money out of our account if we owe them. Now, who in the world has ever heard of this? Geez, give me a break. These people just about put us in the negative because they took this money unauthorized. They do not care whatever reason you cannot pay. They train their reps to be heartless and somehow there is never a manager in. Once you leave them a message they will call you back, 5 days later with no assistance. This company is a joke. Today we asked how much our payoff is, once again we are told a completely different total. They always have a different answer of anywhere between $600 and $2000 with us sending the machine back. They cannot even figure out how much money we owe them! They just keep taking it out of our account month after month without authorization. We would love find some way out of this nightmare!
Go
  7th of Jul, 2009
A similar problem has just happened to me. We got the machine and the service only after the sales man promised that if it doesnt work out, he would be able to find someone else to pick up the contract. Long story short, the business didnt go the way we wanted it and we ended up needing to cancel the contract (and no one picked it up). I understand that a contract is a contract and have been paying on the balance due when I can. I just paid a lump sum in May and have a couple more payments to go before I am finally rid of them. All of the transactions have been done via a phone conversation as a one time payment. Today when I looked at my checking account it looks like they have deducted 500.00 without my consent or knowledge. I am furious. I have called their company (they are currently closed), my bank and emailed their Customer Service. This is ridiculous and I'm sure it's illegal. I will persue this until it gets resolved.
An
  28th of Jul, 2009
Beware of Lease Source or Northern Leasing or BMF or whatever other hundred names they go by.
They make unauthorized debits from checking accounts. We cancel that account and opened a new one.
They will not get that account number, ever! They are a bunch of white collar thieves. There is a lawsuit allowed by the New York Supreme Court this past may against Northern Leasing, Inc. which is the aka of
Lease Source. (Just check out Lease Source on the BBB website and it will show you, besides the hundreds
of complaints against these companies) We tried to cancel our contract after realizing who they were to no avail. We have been sued in the state of New York and that is why they pick small businesses because they think no one will go fight them in NY. I can't believe these people are still in business when they have hurt so many people. Is anyone ever going to stop them? Join the lawsuit. Google Northern Leasing and you will see.
Al
  5th of Jan, 2010
I am a new company and I had a credit card machine from my bank I was trying to save some money so I was introduced to this company by a woman who was a friend of a friend. She said that my old credit card company would be paid off which was 1400.00 and even though it was a noncancellable lease if i was not satisfied they would let me out of the lease. She messed up the paper work after i had signed the lease and said she would take it and send it back well all I got back was the lease nothing about the payoff. The equipment was hooked up and never worked properly it even messed my telephone up. Every night for a simple close out turned into a major disaster the machine was would drop tips and transactions when batched out although the customer service seemed so nice and tried to be helpful over the phone the problem happened everynight, I called the sales lady and tried to get her to come back and help but she quit after a week if that long after selling me the junk and to talk with some one that could actually help me no one would ever talk to me. So I packed up the equipment and sent it back. And faxed a letter to the company to please discontinue my lease. No one ever contacted me about anything until I finally cut there payments off. Now all of a sudden they want to send me a new machine and resolve this problem. I have since gone back with my old company. And do not intend on doing business with these people. I guess Im going to New York.
Mo
  31st of Mar, 2010
Yes I totally agree with everyone. PLEASE DO NOT SIGN OR DO ANY BUSINESS WITH LEASE SOURCE!!! I signed a lease agreement with them years ago and my business closed down in August 2008. I tried to notify them of the closing but was unable to contact them because I had all "fake numbers". Some guy answered the phone & simply told me that Lease Source had given out his number. He also stated that he got some many negative calls per day about this company. He told me that he did some research & he located them in NewYork. He advised me to put a stop payment on my account & that he guaranteed that they will contact me! I took his advice & guess what he was RIGHT. They started calling me constantly after three attempts of drafting money from my account. One day, I spoke with a guy name Mr.Sherman, he told me that in order for me to close my account with them I had to send them$400.00 & the equipment. I told him to submit this in writing on a professional letterhead stating this agreement & I would agree to this term. Well I never received the letter & months went by Mr Sherman stopped calling. Recently, this company started calling my phone again being rude & threatening. My stop payment lasted for 6 months. On March1st, they wrote me a letter stating I had 10days to respond and if I didn't they would turn me over to collections. Four days after my stop payment was released from my account, they withdrew $1194.50 from my account. I'm furious, frustrated and wondering how can these people do this. How can they send me a letter stating this & instead they changed their ID number(per my bank) to withdraw money from my account. I hope this company goes under the jail because we all work to hard for our money to be taken away like this!!!
Ge
  24th of May, 2011
We just had a property tax fee of $123 debited from our account with no notice from the company. They said it was an oversight on their part but there is nothing they can do about it. I wanted to talk to a supervisor but the customer service rep hung up on me. How can they allow these companies to take money out of our account with first notifying customer. DO NOT USE LEASING COMPANIES FOR ANY EQUIPMENT. We used this lease when we signed on to a visa processing company. If the visa processing company wants your business they can provide a machine FREE!
Wa
  21st of Jun, 2012
Is this company is same address as below?

LEASE Source INc