Lease Finance Group / fraud

1 721 E. Center St. Suite BWarsaw, IN, United States Review updated:
Phone: 574-353-7034

This young gentleman came in a couple of times trying to lease me credit card machine. After several questions I decided to sign up. I was signing up for a 2 year lease. (or so I thought.) And right away fees started coming out of my business checking that I was not aware of. So I tried to call the young man back to ask questions. Well, He quit. So I started contacting Lease Finance Group. That is when I found out I have a 48 month Lease. What the Heck. I did not sign up for that. They said the only way to get out of the lease would be to pay over $4, 000. I continue to pay the $47.89 every month to keep my credit good. Just today they took money out of my bank account. I never authorized this. I called them and they said it would not happen again. Then, tonight when I got home from work they called me and wanted to know where their money was? I was like, "you already took it out of my account. They are also charging me now an additonal $3.00 a month for insurance incase of fire or something. I asked them why I wasn't being charged that at my business and they said they had proof of insurance, cause I was willing to send them a copy of my homeowners policy, but they didn't want it. They never had proof of me having insurance at my business. THey are getting away with charging me $44.00 extra dollars a year! I am not paying another dime. I have read atleast 50 complaints on this company tonight and I see there are thousands more. How are they still in business. There has got to be something someone can do.

Am

Comments

He
  9th of Dec, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

Couldn't agree with you more and I have already posted how these guys are a scam. I also paid 10x too much for a credit card machine and will not pay them another dime. Maybe if we can get 1, 000 people together on a class action lawsuit we can eliminate this nuisance from the small business scene.

Henry Hubby

G9
  12th of Jan, 2009
Agree Disagree +2 Votes

I had the same thing happen to me in Sept 2008. This salesperson received my name from the business license dept in my town. He kept hounding me about his services so I gave in and thought I had got a Good deal. THE SALES REP De-Frauded, Mis-Represented me WITH a NON CANCELLABLE CONTRACT.

Here's the GOOD NEWS... I got them to cancel that NON-Cancellable Contract. Here's what I did...I used my FAITH and DETERMINATION to get out of that contract. Immediately once I found that I was being taken. I started writing letters and filing complaints to my local Police Department, Federal Trade Commission Dept. and Illinois State Attorney's Dept. Surprisingly, Ill State Attorney's Office is aware of this company actions.

*******************************************************************************************************

FORGET ABOUT HIRING AN ATTORNEY...You can do this yourself...SEND all letters CERTIFIED to BUILD YOUR CASE. Since I never used the credit card machine, I RETURNED the Credit Card machine back to Lease Finance GROUP, LLC via UPS. Do not use the CC machine as this will bind you to their contract. If LFG, LLC is calling you 7-10 a day...Your have rights under the Federal Trade Commission statues...to CEASE COMMUNICATION. According to FDCPA § 805 (c) Statutory damages of $1, 000 for each proven violation.

Send a Certified Letter to cease all phone calls. Also Submit a complaint to FTC.gov for the harassment of calls
(to get a complaint tracking number).. Cease further communication when the call your office/home because they are recording every call they make to you. If LFG will continue to call you, the ball is in your court.
Send them a Final Demand Letter to the address that is listed with the Secretary of State of Illinois.

The Illinois State Attorney's Office is very good at assisting you in your case. You get a response letter from Illinois State Attorney's Office of their investigation..

After you have done above, LFG pretty much will forgive/Cancel the debt.

The best advise I can give someone is not to GIVE UP and Importantly is to BUILD YOUR CASE and Document every conversation with date, time etc... You will always come out as a WINNER!

Keep the FAITH and Much Success!! :-)

Savannah

Jo
  5th of Mar, 2009
Agree Disagree +3 Votes

some one please contact me ...regarding lease finance group.

they have :

fraudulent contract
frauded me
machine/service did not work or perform as it was described to me
stollen money
harrased my business employees and wife...after be told not to call my business..FCC rules DO NOT call after you have been been warned!! 12 calls in one day!!!

***took money out of another business account (different bank) that had no connection to lease finance, nor had been authorised by me or my wife. in another words somehow they got ahold of my information for this account and debited it with no authorization...WOW ILLEGAL!!!

now i was just contacted that i am being served by a lawyer stating that i owe well over $4000
that they will ultimatly put a judgement on me if i do not appear in NY court when i live in FL

john
954-234-4393

Da
  3rd of Apr, 2009

Please contact them! They might be able to help us!!!

La
  25th of Apr, 2009
Agree Disagree -2 Votes

I actually work for Lease finance Group and have to say the things said on here could of been solved if you would read the contract before you put your signature on it .If you dont read what your signing, how would you know if what the company does is legal or not ? You instead believe a complete stranger who is coming into your business establishment to sell you something, who doesnt even work for our company. The independent sales rep that comes into your business doesnt even work for LFG, we are only the bank that finances the lease, just like when you go to a car dealership and buy a car, your lease/ payment is financed by a bank. So instead of sitting here typing about how LFG is crooked and doing illegal things, maybe you should go pick up a copy of your contract and read it, or you call always call the company and get a copy sent to you.

St
  23rd of May, 2009
Agree Disagree +2 Votes

Lauren212, , , take some of the money you ripp off from people and buy yourself a "jack rabbit". Turn it on full blast. The illinois attorney general helped me cancel my contract. Its over. But i won't stop until LFG is out of business and people like you will get your day. Are you a hot little number? You answering the phones in chicago. I am down here in Champaign-Urbana. Maybe we can meet?

Pe
  16th of Jun, 2009

My signature is on a 48 month non cancellable lease that someone else filled out. I never saw a48 month non cancellable lease as I would not have signed one. I have been in business since 1973 and have run inti this before. I was told I had a six month lease and then a reasonable buyout. It made sense then. I did stop paying and changed bank accounts to stop them and also went through the harassment. It is now on one credit reporting company twice. I told my loan officer at the bank that it was a badge of honor. BBB has them listed as bad news.

Ho
  22nd of Jun, 2009

My experience was almost identical. From your location I am wondering if Tim George from Retreiver was your salesman as I never saw or signed a lease either. I am filing acomplaint with the Arkansas Attorney General.

St
  3rd of Jul, 2009

You need to write one for the Illinois Attorney General and New York...One is just a waste of time. Write the BBB of Chicago and the FTC...Close you bank accounts and get your copies of the credit report and get ready to file disputes with themm...GOOTTTT IIITTT You sit and do nothing...you pay...

Ci
  21st of Sep, 2009
Payment Systems lease finance group - bad lease
Cinelab Inc.
Fall River
Massachusetts
Phone: 5086721204
cinelab.com

Unagreed 48 month lease on non functioning equipment, They say lease unterminateable.

Pi
  6th of Oct, 2009

In Nov. of 2005, I was contacted by American Paywise and entered into an agreement for credit card processing. The equipment I was provided with came from Lease Finance Group. Soon after, I put my business on hold. I launched my venture last week and attempted to put charges through without success. I called merchant services (National Processing Center). They said my machine was no longer compatible and hadn't been usable for the past 3 years. I have been paying every month since 11/05. I called the leasing company for a new machine. They said the only thing they could do was send out a machine exactly like mine as a replacement. Why would I want another unusable machine? There is no one there I can talk to, no supervisor, nothing. I was told there would be no refund. This business has to be stopped. Are there any class action suits being put together? They should not be allowed to prey on small business owners without some form of accountability. Please help!

An
  27th of Oct, 2009

in august of 2006 steve from a credit card company came to my buissness and said my credit card machine was going to be obsolite and that if i didn't get new equipment i would no longer be able to process credit card transactions after jan of 07. well i fell for it and was sent new equipment and much to my suprise i was sent the exact same equipment i already owned out right.. well i called asnd said that i do not need to pay $6000.00 for the same thing i already owned and that they should pick it up.
at that time i was told to read my contract and that they will make me misrable and ruin my credit. i have since settled the acct with my one company and they started taking money from my other company's acct.and filed two judgments against me and the harassment has not stoped. they call me at home and call me a dead beat and a bum and when i hang up they start ringing my phone off the wall. i do not know what to do. if any of you have a suggestion please help.
my name is anthony and my # is 352 796 4909

Mi
  5th of Jan, 2010

We have had a lease on a credit card machine with them for the past four years through a rep from the Corpus Christi area(Gary Brown). The 48 months are up and we want out and cannot get any response from him or the Lease Finance Group. You can call their number and you are placed on hold indefinately, never getting to speak to a rep. If you choose the voice mail option it says it is full. They will continue to debit my account unitl I can speak to someone and get this matter clarified. My bank says the only other option is to close the account and open a new one. Does anyone realize how much trouble that is in this day and age. I refuse to be bullied by them, if anyone has any suggestions please reply.

Mick Vee
mad as heck
in Port O'Connor, TX

Lm
  16th of Jan, 2010

This is a regular modus operandi with this company. They have screwed thousands of small businesses or independent professionals around the country. Their success is based on the threats to their victims, ranging from a bad credit report (so what???) to legal action in NY state and wage garnishing. However, they have failed -at least in Florida- in complying with a lot of federal and local regulations - like Truth in Lending, sending copy of the executed contract before actually making the first bank debit, paying the corresponding taxes, although they charge the victims for it, etc etc.

Suggestions? Yes. File a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission, with your local attorney general and with the Illinois (or the state where they are supposedly doing business from).

And yes, close the bank account.

A pissed off victim from Florida.

Ob
  2nd of Feb, 2010
Agree Disagree -1 Votes

I was scammed into this rediculous lease for a bundle over 60 months. I am 10 months into it and closed my account on them, then told them they arent getting another dime from me.
Are they going to ruin my credit? Their office is in New York. Can anybody give me help to resolve this.

Jd
  14th of Feb, 2010

Right now, you want to file a complaint with the Attorney General. If you file a complaint with AG, make sure you let them know that they are going after you personally. If the AG thinks it is a business matter, they won't take the complaint.

Make sure they do not have access to your account. If you have to close your bank account and open a new one... do it. They will then start calling you 10-15 times per day.

Send them a letter saying that you dispute the debt. Tell them to send validation of the debt (they will be able to do this) and in the letter write:
According to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, [15 USC 1692c] Section 805(c): CEASING COMMUNICATION: You must cease all communication with me after being notified in writing that I no longer wish to communicate with you. Therefore, I demand that you stop calling me at home, at work, on my cell phone or at any other location!

Eventually, they may file a lawsuit against you. They may try to do this in New York. They have no legal right to do this if the contract was not signed in New York. Under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act they must bring you to court in the county where the contract was signed. If they do file suit in New York, you will want to contact the circuit clerk to find out how to file a motion for change of venue.

If they do bring you to court... SHOW UP! If you do not show up then they will get a default judgment against you and they can then begin collection measures such as wage garnishment. Unfortunately, about 98% of people do not show up and they make a killing off of this. For the 2% that do show, about 90% of the time there is no money awarded to LFG and the case is dismissed with prejudice (which means that can't sue you again the future for the same contract). Show up to court... again... show up to court.

Jd
  14th of Feb, 2010

One more thing. The letter that you send to them... send it certified!! That is important. Also, make sure that you clearly dispute the debt in the letter. This way, if they do end up putting anything on your credit report then you can sue them for false credit reporting. It is much easier to get damages for false credit reporting. Damages for false credit reporting will no longer be small claims as you can go after them for larger amounts of money (i.e. $20, 000 - $30, 000) depending you showing that interest rates went up on you and/or credit cards were cancelled on you... stuff like that.

Ma
  19th of Feb, 2010

I am from montreal quebec and I have been harrased from ths company for more than 2 years they have forged my signature, taken money from my bank account and now are threatening me to ruin my credit please help. If you can contact me at facchinogina@hotmail.com or 514-303-5409 call me collect I will pay for the phone call.
My name is gina and I desperatly need help. THANK YOU

Ti
  22nd of Mar, 2010

My business shut down 8 years ago, only 3 months after opening. I paid off my lease sent back my machine and never heard another word...until last week. There was a $1400 ACH withdrawal on my bank account. Now, there is nothing on my credit from them (because this was rectified years ago) I have had the same bank account the last 8 years and they never tried to withdrawal a dime until recently. It is obviously fishy because if I infact still owed them money (which I don't), having my banking information you would think they would have went after it yearssssssssss ago and put something on my credit report. I haven't even gotten letters in the mail. No contact with this company at all in 8 years. I called my bank told them it was an unauthrorized transaction. They refunded my money. After reading about LFG online I closed my bank account. I tried calling LFG the day it happened, I was told I needed to speak with Wendy Civil (1-800-683 5433 Ext 6442). I called and left messages and didn't hear back, I was giving them the benefit of the doubt this was an error. After reversing their transaction I got a call from them today go figure. I proceeded to tell them I got my money back and didn't need her assistance. Boy was she ever mad. Try to get the funds back from your bank, no court in their right mind would take their suits seriously. 8 years and nothing on my credit, and even if it did end up there, dispute it and make them send proof of debt, THEY DONT HAVE IT!!! Good Luck LFG your going to need it, everyone is onto your SCAM!

Ti