League of American Poets / Scam on poetry books

1 600 Reisterstown Rd. #200g 21208Pikesville, MD, United States Review updated:
Phone: 410-602-0384

I called The League of American Poets June 26 2007, spoke with a young man named Jack to order 3 cases of books that my daughter was published in. I paid 74.95 plus 10.50 shipping on a credit card and I have been delivered only 6 books total. I have phoned the company and the number is disconnected. I decided to look on line and this is where I ended up.

Comments

• Ph
      31st of May, 2008
    League of American Poets - Poetry
    NA
    Phone: 1-401-602-0384
    leagueofamericanpoets.com

Hello,

I entered a poetry contest and received a proof stating that I had been selected as a semi-finalist in the contest, and as a result, the company would like to publish my poem in a soon-to-be-published book entitled, A Treasury of American Poetry. My poem was entitled "Winter Wanderland."

I sent a payment in full of 47.45, made to League of American Poets, to receive my hardback book, with my poem in it. The check# was 3345 and it was dated September 22, 2006.

I communicated with someone named Edna, and Dee was the editor that thought my poem was very creative.

I have not received the book, and I would like to. I have not had any response from the company, and I would like to. Also, I have not received a refund, and I would like to, if my poem will not be published in the book.

Any assistance given would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
    Phyllis S. Elliott
    210 Bermuda Ln.
    Louisville, KY 40213
    502-968-4112

21st of Jun, 2008

I also ordered a book for my God-daughter in hopes of receiving it in time for her birthday ------ that was 3 years ago!!! To this day I have not received the book or my money back either. I tried the number I have for the company, and guess what, it's no longer in service. The last person I spoke to was Rafael Medies on 8/6 /2007. If you are connected or were connected with this company, let me just say what goes around comes around. Not cool, at all.

• Ju
      4th of Dec, 2008
    League of American Poets - Poetry

I recieved the books that I ordered. Other than the time frame in which they had arrived (about a year), I was thoroughly pleased.