Leaf financial/ funding / Deceptive payment policy

1 2005 market st.Philadelphia, PA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-819-5556

For the last four years I have paid my bill on the date due through bank of america online banking. Suddenly in the last year i 've noticed that my account has been credited days after the payment was sent and was once charged a late fee. when i have called to find out why, I'm taold not to worry about it. after the late charge i started sending the payment earlier only to find that that to was posting late. after finally talking to yvette i was told that i could do ach payment and that would resolve the problem. i faxed the agreement to her with the understanding that the payment would go into affect for 9/2009. instead leaf put it through immediately. also my online banking went through as scheduled so as a result i incurred overdraft charges as well as making a double payment.
I called and was finally forwarded to ruth anderson who gave me all sorts of reasons as to why they couldn't refund me the payment or cover the overdraft charges. finally she told me that if i faxed her a copy of my bank statement as proof of the charges she would be able to refund my company within a week as it would take some time to process. I faxed her the information she asked for and waited. nothing has come. so today i called her and her response was that she never received my fax. I have a copy of the cover letter and the confirmation. honestly ithink this is being done to improve the looks of the loan portfolios and to increase profits from those of us who pay on time.

Je

Comments

• Le
      23rd of Dec, 2009

Leaf Financial is a very bad company to do business with. Leaf bought out our contract from our original lendor who went bankrupt and it has been a nightmare ever since. The people at Leaf are rude and unprofessional. They love to throw out words like default and repossession even when your payment is not late. I even had the Director of Litigation hang up on me when trying to make a payment over the phone. They are liars and I highly recommend to stay away from them if at all possible.

• Lo
      26th of May, 2011

I had the same thing happen to me. They called me for a payment, and my accountant had be sick as I explained that as soon as she get's in I would make sure we would have the payment sent out right away. I was told if payment wasn't sent out by the next day they would sent it over to repossession. So I decided to just send it out, and the day wasn't even over and someone was calling me saying they where going to reposse tomorrow. "WHAT" are you crazy...payment was sent. They didn't care, and when I asked exactly what they think they are going to reposse they didn't know. HELLO! Unfair business and just down right acting like bullies. Never again.

• Al
      1st of Jul, 2011

They are the worth customer service I have ever talked to.
    Indian customer service is better (and I am not Indian).

The hit you with late fees for so called late payment when payments are sent why ahead of time.
    The tell you something and then they do not honor it, even when document are sent.

They hang up on you when they are in an impasse and do not have an answer to your complains or questions.

DO NOT USE THEM - just save up and purchase when you have the cash.

• Al
      2nd of Jul, 2011

We need a Class Action Suit against them to prevent them to continue these deceptive methods.

Any lawyer up to the task?

• Pr
      20th of Aug, 2011

I agree with the suit. I would like to hear if that has happened. I have been through much of what others have discussed recently asked for a closeout on a lease and the amount is $15, 000 more then if I just make the rest of the payments. That is hidden fee that they make up. I could use some helpon this if any person has an idea.

• He
      6th of Sep, 2011

My biggest complaint with Leaf Financial is that they say they can not provide the interest or principal on our loan. I was recently told by email from a representative that it isn't in their system, it has to be calculated. How is that even possible. I have sent an inquiry to a class action lawyer. I'll post here again if/when I hear back. ~ Heidi

• He
      6th of Sep, 2011

yyyyy

• Fe
      17th of Sep, 2011

I have a lease with them and my lease was paid in full in May 2011. They had required a security deposit. I was never late and always on time. In fact, I had other leases for my business and was never late or missed any payments. I would be classified as an excellent customer. Trying to get my security deposit back is a nightmare. First they say it takes 6-8 weeks after last payment is made for them to send your deposit back. I called after 8 weeks and was now told that you have to REQUEST your secuirty deposit back. Since when do you have to request your deposit back? It is now 16 weeks later and I am still waiting. They are the worst of the worst to deal with. They ought to be criminally investigated by the AG Office or a class action suit. The ### are part of why America is being destroyed from within. No terrorist abroad can screw middle class people like these ###!!! Stay the heck away from LEAF. LEAF SUCKS.