Leadtek Research Inc. / www.leadtek.com

just like these guys i have also suffered the wrath of leadteks complacency, the nightmare began one year after i had purchase a 6800GT TDH, when my card crashed, i went to leadteks website for support. what i found was NOTHING!!!

i had to go to google and find the number off a forum which had simalar problems.

then when i called, i was greeted by JOHN's answering machine at 10AM!!! again, i tried calling and finally after 5 messages, i get a reply. the rma started and i though that the worst was over. only to find that it was jsut the begining.

long story short... it took 3 RMA and still not a single working video card. i thought it was my motherboard because the bios didn't load. but after buying a new videocard from another company. my computer was running normally again.

i never got my warrenty honored and i will buy form them again.

side note. the most frusating thing about them is that the customer service was hard to get a hold of. the company is really smaller than you would think. and john said that he would personally check out the card before he send it to me. and what do you know DEAD ON ARRIVIAL.

never even got my money back or anything for that matter except a dead video card.

Eu

Comments

14th of Jul, 2009

Leadtek has been a nightmare for me.
    About 3 years a go I bought a Winfast DV2000 TV card and since then I had to e-mail many times to their Customer Support because the card had an unpredictable behaviour.

It was working with Windows XP SP2 (although many problems) then I upgraded to SP3 and again conflicts and so I was unable to install the drivers.

Leadtek sent me many pre-made and pointless "misleading" scripts by Mr. "Scoll" including one suggesting me to upgrade "BUY" to a different card and lately to format and reinstal Windows!!

Finally a friend of mine helped me to install the card by troubleshooting drivers' install process .

Leadtek's WinFast PVR2 (the software) bundles Arcsoft (silent install) drivers which "constantly" and "stubbornly" tries to connect my computer to their server for a reason which I don't know.
    I've no chance nor any option to avoid this but all happens "silently"!

Leadtek no more will see again my money!