Leaders Merchant Services / Unauthorized billing

United States Review updated:
Leaders Merchant Services
I decided to start a business and needed a visa machine for my customers. I wasn't opening my business until December and 'Manny' knew about this and okayed it. This is where it all started! November I received my bank statement and found charges against my account from LMS and bank charges for each item they submitted.

I called Manny and he said he didn't have my account anymore that Tony Young did and that I needed to call him about the situation. Nothing was resolved! LMS had a deal to get a refurbished machine for $35.00. What they didn't tell me was that it was analog. My phone line is digital!

It's been nothing but headache after headache. I've been to my bank to stop them from drafting anything else from my account and hopefully to be reimbursed for at least the $210 charges for insufficient funds. The contract was suppose to be canceled without the $350.00 fee, however the first week in January 09 they placed 3 more charges against my business account.

N  6th of Aug, 2009 by
LEADERS Merchant Services would like to apologize to this merchant for the experience she had with our company. LEADERS would be more than happy to review this merchant’s account and address his concerns with our company; however, this complaint does not provide LEADERS with enough information to locate this merchant’s account.

LEADERS invites the merchant to please call our Complaint Resolutions Specialist, Cindy Schwerdtfeger, at 877-538-3377 extension 137 in order to begin the merchant account review process.
A  9th of Sep, 2009 by
they are a ripoff!! did the same to me. promised no hidden charges, but the keep showing up every 2 weeks or so. small charges, that most people might ignore, they hope.

N  8th of Oct, 2009 by
I wish LMS was so persistence in helping and resolving complaints when customers call as they are here defending themselves on all their scam reports on the internet. Company is a joke, and will treat your company as a joke/hobby.
N  13th of Oct, 2009 by
To Speedy059:

The merchant’s account was closed due to an excessive number of cardholder disputes. LEADERS did not cause the cardholder disputes and has worked with the merchant for several months to try and correct or alleviate the issue. Processed funds were held on the merchant’s account to secure against future losses, as LEADERS hold the liability of any loss associated with the merchant’s account. LEADERS has been more than cooperative with the merchant in explaining the loss and providing a detail of the amount due. The merchant is more than welcome to contact our Merchant Support and Risk Department for an additional accounting detail of any funds due. To reiterate, the amount due was caused by the merchant’s clients disputing items and not by any action taken by LEADERS.

Leaders Merchant Services Logo Leaders Merchant Services