LDS Leather - www.ldsleather.com / Unprofessional and dishonest business

LDS Leather - www.ldsleather.com

I have two small dogs and I wanted a wide collar for them as I have found, wide collars for small dogs are not sold in stores. I searched the web and found LDS Leather Company. Even though it was going to be costly I felt that it being custom and getting exactly what I wanted would be worth it.

I faxed my order and I had to call them to see if they received the order. I spoke with Larry, he was unpleasant, rude, and had a major attitude. He felt that what I was requesting was too wide and not long enough. I asked him if it couldn't be done. He said that he could make anything but that it being custom if I didn't like it once I received it I could not get a refund. I agreed, we then spent a few minutes going over the order and pricing.

I was told it would take approximately 4 weeks and that shipping costs would be added once they were ready to ship the package. I followed up our conversation with another fax reiterating what we spoke about, what my order was, and the prices he quoted me.

A month and a half later I called to find out the status. I was put on hold for over five minutes; they are not organized and couldn't figure out what my order was. I spoke with Karen; she told me that due to bad weather and floods they were running behind but that it would be done in two weeks.

I waited two and half weeks and called again, this time Karen tells me that it takes time to get custom work but that we would have it in 2 weeks. My husband had called several times as well and got the same attitude.

I waited another two and half weeks and called again, this time Karen told me that it was on the bench waiting on last finishing touches and it would be sent that week.

I waited over a week and a half, I called today. Larry answers and puts me on hold for over 5 minutes then informs us that the collars have not been made yet. I then asked him why did Karen tell me that they were done and ready to ship, he said he didn't know about that. Then he continued by berating me about the collars being too wide, not long enough, the price was wrong.

I finally raised my voice and told him it was my turn to talk. Somewhere in my rant he passed the phone on to Karen because when I said I wanted to cancel my order it was her voice and attitude that heard say 'he already did'.

I went on the web to see if there previous complaints for LDS Leather, I found out that other people have had equally if not worse experiences and they've had multiple complaints with the Better Business Bureau. The only positive comments came from people that ordered items for their service dogs. I got the feeling that Larry just didn't want to make my order.

Va

Comments

• Ci
      17th of Nov, 2007

I have had nothing but trouble from this 'Karen' person. I ordered collars and leashes in April of 06. After several attempts to contact them about my order w/o success I cancelled it in June... never heard a word back and then ONE FULL YEAR later they sent me the order and charged me DOUBLE!!! Unfortunately my computer crashed and I lost my original email and that has cost me sober $400.00 at this point! She sent me things I didn't order, kept a collar and never returned it, was rude and called me a liar and a forger, you name it. This person thinks she can do whatever she wants and apparently if you have a business in Oklahoma, that's allowed.

I have filed a complaint w/ the Oklahoma BBB w/o success. I filed a complaint w/ the Oklahoma Attorney General w/o success due to my lost email. PLEASE PLEASE file a complaint w/ the Att. Gen. Nobody will be able to do anything about these thieves unless everyone does!

Office of Attorney General
    State of Oklahoma
    313N.E. 21st
    Oklahoma City, OK 73105
    Attn: Peggy Paddyaker

• So
      27th of Jan, 2008

Been waiting some 2 years for my order. When emailing for a status (again) they mentioned my order dosc were "just shreded" -- just like my patience...