LDS Leather Company / LDS Leather Company is unprofessional and dishonest

LDS Leather Company - www.ldsleather.com

I placed my order in writing via fax in mid August 2017. I call to see if my faxed was received, I spoke with Larry. He was very unprofessional. He gave me a hard time because I was requesting 1" wide collars for my two small breed dogs. He basically told me that the width was big for the length. I told him that I understood that. He said ‘I can make you whatever you want but since this is custom once it’s made it’s yours whether you like the way it looks or not.’ I said OK, I understand this is what I want and I want to place the order.

He went over the order and pricing with me, he told me it would be about 4 weeks and my total didn’t include shipping and handling yet. They would add that once they were ready to ship it. I agreed, I redrafted another fax, reiterating what we spoke about.

A month and ½ later I call to check on my order and Karen tells me that due to weather and floods they were a bit behind but they would get it to me in 2 weeks.

2 ½ weeks later I call and Karen tells me ‘well this is custom work and it takes time, we’ll have it to you in 10 days’. Throughout my conversations with them my husband called as well and got the same bad attitude and run around.

2 weeks after that I speak with Karen and she tells me that the collars are done. ‘They are on the bench ready for the final touches and will be shipped in the next 5 days’.

I call TODAY 1 week and ½ after that conversation, Larry answers. He puts me on hold for 5 minutes (timer on cell phone) like they do every time I call, but after reading some other complaints I guess I should be glad that they answered and didn’t hang up on me.

Larry tells me that they haven’t been made yet. I asked Larry, “then why did Karen tell me they were on the bench ready to go?” ‘Oh I don’t know about that’ he says. Then he starts reprimanding about my order, ‘the collars are too wide, the price you listed is WRONG’ never mind the fact that this is what HE told me it cost!!! He wouldn’t let me get a word in edge wise.

I told him that it was my turn to talk and that it seems like to me that they were lying to me about my order and since the collars weren’t done yet I was cancelling my order. Somewhere in my rant he passed the phone off to Karen because then I hear ‘he already did’.

I called my credit card company to make sure I had not been charged and luckily I hadn’t. I told them what had happened and requested to have the incident documented in my account incase they decide to charge me. Unfortunately once you give a company your credit card number you give them permission to use it.

I did some research and found that LDS Leather has several complaints filed with the BBB and they have a lot of unhappy customers with similar if not worse stories.

I am sharing this story so that good people like me don't have to experience this type of treatment, just because you own your own business you don’t have the right to treat people in whatever abusive manner you want.

Comments

• Do
      3rd of Apr, 2008

My advise to you if you are considering buying from this company, stay away!!

• Ny
      31st of Dec, 2008
    LDS Leather Company - Very poor service
    Norman
    Oklahoma
    ldsleather.com

You don't have to go much farther than a google search to find a wide array of complaints about these guys...and my experience was no different. Delivery times are just ridiculous, and they'll answer/return calls only if they feel like it. From my experience, they rarely feel like it. If you're unlucky enough to get what seems to be the only male working at LDS on the phone, you'll get berated for wondering where your product is. Currently I'm going on FOUR MONTHS since I ordered. No dog collar in my mailbox. My credit card has been charged, but they haven't delivered, despite several very nice, very diplomatic voicemails and several attempted uses of their "contact" email, which has never resulted in a return email. There are PLENTY of custom leather operations out there...go with one that knows how to treat you well. And PLEASE don't be fooled by the fact that they posted a reference to a movie that one of their products appeared in. I'm in film production, and I know that something as pointless and unimportant as a dog harness was likely found simply by a producer googling it...not by any word of mouth or personal referral. If you're a softy, you might also be inclined to give them a break since one of the owners is "disabled" (they've made sure to get this out on the net). Being blind doesn't mean it's ok to be a rude or negligent in your customer service. Trust the others who've had bad experiences here...go elsewhere, pay less, and get it faster. Actually, get it, period.

• Te
      30th of Jan, 2009

I WAS VERY PLEASED WITH THEIR SERVICE AND I HAS MY DOGS ITEMS IN 3 DAYS OF THE ORDER DATE. I HAD VERY GOOD SERVICE AND THEY ANSWERED ALL MY E-MAILS AND CALLS.

TED

is this company a scam?

• A2
      20th of May, 2011
    LDS Leather Company - dishonest and unprofessional

I canceled my order over the phone with Karen as soon as it was placed, I was billed for the leash any way. And a week afterward I was sent an email from Karen, informing me that they went ahead and made the leash and shipped it. when I got it in the mail it was nothing like the pictures online and poor quality.When I emailed Karen telling her my order had been canceled and expected a refund, Kevin responded there are no refunds or exchanges. these people are SCAM ARTISTS DO NOT BUY FROM THERE COMPANY!!!

• Pi
      1st of Sep, 2011

THESE PPL ARE SCAM ARTIST I PLACED MY ORDER FOR A SERVICE ANIMAL VEST AND A MEDICAL ALERT PATCH ON 08/04/2017, AFTER MY CARD WAS CHARGED ON 08/08/11 I WAITED 2 WEEKS BEFORE CONTACTING LDS LEATHERS AND SPOKE WITH KAREN WHOM CLAIMED MY ORDER HAD SHIPPED. MY CARD WAS CHARGED TO $88.89 $14.99 OF IT IS FOR SHIPPING! REALLY FOR A $4.95 FLAT RATE ENVELOPE THAT HAD SHREDDED NEWSPAPER IN IT!!! NO PRODUCT SERIOUSLY!!! I KEPT TRYING TO CALL SEVERAL TIMES ONLY FOR MY CALLS TO BE FORWARDED TO VOICEMAIL, OR THE PHONE KEPT RINGING SO I LEFT MANY MESSAGES WITH NO RESPONSE, SO I AM CONTACTING THE POSTAL INVESTIGATOR IN THE COMPANIES AREA AS WELL IS CONTACTED MY BANK TO REPORT FRAUD. DON'T DO BUISNESS WITH THIS COMPANY YOU WILL GET SCREWED OUT YOUR MONEY, AND NO RESPONSE BACK. I WILL BE CONTACTING THE BBB IN REGARDS TO THESE SCAMMERS!!