LD Automotive / Bad service

1 17410 N. Cave Creek RoadPhoenix, AZ, United States Review updated:

I went to this dealership on Saturday, bought a car with the promise of financing, after 3 days I had no answer, by then the back number was falling off, the car was making noises and shaking on the highway and idle ling very rough, before I was approved for any loan I brought the car back, canceled my agreement in writing, now they do not call me back.

Va
Sort by: Date | DownRating

Comments

• Ar
      4th of Jun, 2009

To all concerned, this business is not listed with the BBB of AZ. All complaints go to the AG office.

3rd of Mar, 2009

Was looking to make a purchase from LD on Saturday. I'll find another place to go. They didn't want to answer any of my questions over the phone regarding the advertised price. They would rather have an upset customer who drove from San Diego on their showroom floor yelling and cussing, then to explain the details over the phone. Buyer Beware!

6th of Apr, 2009

I'M SORRY BUT I HAD TO DIFFER WITH YOU. I BOUGHT TWO CARS FROM LD AUTOMOTIVE AND I HAD A GREAT EXPERIENCE. MY SON AND I WERE TREATED VERY WELL. THE MANAGERS AT LD AUTO WERE VERY PROFFECIONAL AND COURTEOUS.

• Fo
      10th of Apr, 2009

In the internet I found LD Automotive Group to have the lowest prices by far not only in the city but across three states! In my searching for a vehicle I found them to have a Varity of pre-owned vehicles still under warranty with ones ability to get a cafax on every vehicle in stock right on the website so that I could see the vehicles history and what warranties were still available on each of there vehicles. In my research of LD Automotive Group I came across this Complaints Board which I think is a great forum and this brought concerns to mind so I investigated further with the Better Business Bureau and found them to be in excellent standing as company now find myself confused as whether to do business with them or not. Based on the language used in most all of these complaints I have to question the character of these individuals so the only way I will truly find out whether LD Automotive Group will stand by their prices is to give the an opportunity to earn my business!

• Ko
      1st of May, 2009

I bought a car from LD as well. Apart from charging around $1, 500 for window tint, paint protection, etc., they also charged me Arizona sales tax. Why is that strange? I am not from Arizona, and I had to pay sales tax when I brought the car back to register in my state (because I live in a non-reciprocal state - they to not refund AZ tax). I could avoid paying AZ tax, if the dealer informed me about such option. But they did not. To make things even worse they promised repeatedly to return the unpaid tax. After weeks of such promises, and dozens of phone calls, I eventually filed a claim to a justice court, and got a decision awarding me the return of wrongfuly charged sales tax. LD never replied to the court decision, not with one letter, they just ignored all that. Not only is that dealership unprofessional, but also blatantly ignores the customer once deal is done, and money paid.
    Never buy from that place. That is an honest warning.

Konrad

20th of May, 2009

This does not suprise me one bit. After buying my car, they forgot about me too! I had perfect credit until I went to this dealer. It took them months to pay off my trade and my credit was damaged. The sales manager told me that I can dispute it with the credit bureaus. For several weeks I have been trying to get this cleared up, and am so frustrated! Beware!

• Th
      19th of May, 2009

DO NOT BUY EVEN A SODA FROM THIS PLACE. They would probably try and make and make you finance it. I bought a car from LD Automotive on April 11 2009. The worst mistake I ever made... First of all, they lure you in with VERY low prices on their website. Almost too good to be true. Actually they are. Once you make a deal, they start tacking all these "extras" on such as window eching, paint protection, etc. They say they are already applied to the car and not negotiable. You then get back to the finance office where you find out that they are all negotiable. I let that go because it was a car that fit what my family needed still within my price range. After all said and done, it is almost 6 weeks later and they have still yet to pay off my trade-in nor have I recieved my registration. I would NOT reccomment this dealer to anyone... I know the prices are catchy but BUY AT YOUR OWN RISK!!! I filed a complaint with the attorney generals office www.azag.gov and the BBB [email protected] and threatened to contact Channel 3 On your side. This was after making several phone calls with no return to Robert Mitchell, the acting office manager. After searching I found the owner's name, Leonard Diaz, sole owner of LD Automotive. We will see if he can correct this problem.

• Jg
      6th of Jul, 2009

i wish i would have looked on this site about a yr ago. i bought a 2008 avenger last October and i have had nothing but problems. i paid for the extended warranty and for some reason everything that goes wrong with the car is not covered by the warranty. nothing but snakes work at this dealership.

• Ce
      17th of Nov, 2010

paid $1110.00 for extended warrenty. came time to use it ... LD automotive Group/ Leonard Diaz had never sent the money to GE Capitol warrenty Co. Had to pay for repairs out of pocket. will be filling complaint with BBB and Atorney General MVD and any one else I can. need to post this info on Angie list !!!

7th of Aug, 2008

This dealer is a fraud. They get you into the dealer on a low sales price, then have the nerve to charge you $3, 000.00 for window tint!! Buyer beware. I have informed the BBB along with the AG. The sales staff are unproffesional and are the managers puppets. The manager I met, was very rude and lacking closing techniques. He failed to listen.

• Hi
      15th of Aug, 2008

On Aug 01, 2008, I called LD Automotive on a 2007 Caliber I saw advertised over the internet for $6, 915.00. Edgar stated that the vehicle was available and to come in. Once I was there, we test drove the vehicle, and started the paperwork. At that time, I noticed that the vehicle price was alot more than advertised. They did not disclose the $2700.00 for the window etch. Edgar tried explaining the etch, as a theft protection. He did not realize that I have installed etch on vehicles for the public, being a Phoenix firefighter for $3.00. It is a worthless item, and very deceptive. He tried showing me the book values on the vehicle and said that no one will come close to their price. I left.

• La
      22nd of Aug, 2008

Big waste of time!! As a buyer-I shop the internet in hopes of finding a vehicle that meets my needs at a price that I can afford. I called LD AUTOMOTIVE to verify that the vehicle was still in stock (57 miles from where I live). Two different salesman answered the phone stating that #1154 was available and it is price to move. He varified the price for me over the phone, and it changed once I committed to making the purchase. I just can't believe that this business is practicing this way! Places like LD Automotive give reputable dealers a bad name. I have filed a report with the Attorney General. BUYER BEWARE!!!

Larry Diggs
    Queen Creek, AZ

• To
      5th of Sep, 2008

PLEASE CALL ME TO DISCUSS ANY PROBLEMS WITH LD AUTO GROUP MY CELL #480-203-8388 THANK YOU

• Ri
      5th of Oct, 2008

hell guys,

I live in Gilbert Arizona and i saw this Titan over internet same same place LD Automotive the truck has like 8, 000 miles dark green truck king cab nice truck with rims for $9000, this place is like 45 miles away from my place, this crazy guy the sales guy told the he was going to include 3000 dollar for the paint protection that he put on it, and i said what about if i don't want it, he goes it's already on it, plus he said you have to pay tax for the truck, i said how much is that $900, and finally i said you know i have cash i am going to pay that aamout right now the amount you are asking for the price on the car, he said not that not the price i have to add the rest widows tint, pait protection, the detail the did to the car, tax, if the car it has rims you have to pay for that, so if you see in internet the amount of let's say $9000 for a truck you are going to end up paying like $15000 or $1600 and if you want a get a loan they will screw you up a little more.

I still don't have my truck but am going to keep lookig in autotrader private sale i am no going back to LD Automotive.

Thanks for rediing
    ricky

17th of Nov, 2008

These sites are great. I was going to drive down and purchase a jeep from these clowns, now I will take my business elsewhere...The internet is a great thing! Thanks Everyone!

• Ju
      2nd of Dec, 2008

Bait and switch dealership. Very low level sales staff. Incompetent owners and management. The girls in finance are from McDonalds. Leonard Diaz reputation will soon catch up to him...

• La
      31st of Dec, 2008

WOW ! glad I RAN IN TO THIS SITE BECAUSE I LIVE 4 HRS AWAY AND WAS PLANNING ON DRIVING OUT TOMORROW TO BUY A VEHICLE WELL GUESS NOT NOW HORRIBLE TO HEAR BUSINESS IS RAN THAT WAY THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP

• Av
      29th of Jun, 2009

I think they are now connected with EquityAutoCenter.com or Equity Automotive Center. AVOID at ALL COSTS!!! This place will eventually have too much legal trouble and will be put out of business.

• Tu
      5th of Mar, 2009

I suppose I will jump in on this one too. A while back, I found a Dodge Nitro on the internet that LD had listed for sale. The price was great, so I called, and was told that the vehicle was still there. My wife and I drove up there (about 50 miles), and the said Nitro was not there. We ended up purchasing a different Nitro. At that time they were only trying to charge $700 for the tint. I see now that they have it up to $3000!!! That's insane! Anyhow, I basically told him that he could take his $700 tint job and ram it up his a__. We negotiated and argued back and forth, and ended getting it down to $300, which is still pretty stiff. So, lets talk about the license plate. They would not send me my plate, although I paid for it. This went on for so long that we went through their 45 day permit, a 30 day permit, and 2 3 day permits. They would not return my calls, and it got to the point that I had to go over to their "corporate" office and demand a plate. I was there for about an hour and a half or so. The staff was EXTREMELY un professional. This is the worst fly by night organization that I have ever dealt with, and I would suggest to stay away from it.

• Ru
      6th of Mar, 2009

I purchased a 2004 ford f-150 from L&D automotive. I origionally saw the truck on autotrader.com with an advertised price of $8400. When I arrived to the dealership I was greeted by a skinny nerdy looking douch bag. I took the truck for a test drive and liked the way it drove soo I decided to buy it. While i was waiting for a financing manager to become available, the dealer and I were discussing possible terms such as montly payment, WINDOW ETCH (huge fraud) GAP insurance and all that jazz. When the finance manager became available we talked for about a half hour before i was informed that the internet price was the KBB minimum for a 2004 f150 in other than excellent condition. The price they came up for me...18000 bucks. Being the dumb ### I am and on the spot, I decided to sign the contract and drove home in my new truck. Well 3 days later I get a call from these ### tards telling me that I need to come in and sign some papper work that got missed. Intrigued by the situation I decided to do a little internet searching and thats when I found out about Spot financing YO-YO scams. I went back to the dealership fully aware of what they were trying to do to me. After an hour of the same douch bag sales man trying to convince me that im not getting scammed, I tossed the keys on the ground told him to ### off and walked away.

Bottom line. DO NOT DEAL WITH THESE GUYS. They are not profession, very very fraudulent, and will ### you 3 ways from sunday. There is not a single do that goes by that i dont wish damnation on that car dealership and every crook that works for them.