LD Automotive / Bad service

1 17410 N. Cave Creek RoadPhoenix, AZ, United States Review updated:

I went to this dealership on Saturday, bought a car with the promise of financing, after 3 days I had no answer, by then the back number was falling off, the car was making noises and shaking on the highway and idle ling very rough, before I was approved for any loan I brought the car back, canceled my agreement in writing, now they do not call me back.

Va
Sort by: DownDate | Rating

Comments

• Ce
      17th of Nov, 2010

paid $1110.00 for extended warrenty. came time to use it ... LD automotive Group/ Leonard Diaz had never sent the money to GE Capitol warrenty Co. Had to pay for repairs out of pocket. will be filling complaint with BBB and Atorney General MVD and any one else I can. need to post this info on Angie list !!!

• Ca
      17th of Oct, 2010

The owner Leonard Diaz has owned or has been involved with LD Auto Group, 20/20 Auto Group & Equity Auto Group. They have the same issues with customers but people are still stupid enough to buy from them. Check out the Attorney General Compliants on Leonard & the above named dealers.

• So
      1st of Oct, 2010

DOING BUSINESS AS EQUITY AUTO CENTER NOW - SAME JUNK, DIFFERENT LABEL!!!

STAY AWAY!

EQUITY AUTO CENTER
    3100 E Bell Rd Phoenix, AZ 85032
    Phone: 1-866-738-7560

• Fo
      14th of Sep, 2010

I hate that so many people have had bad experiences, but I am not one of them. I bought a 2008 Ford Escape at LD Automotive about 2 years ago. It was in great condition, sunroof, 6 disc CD changer, ski rack, and satellite radio. This SUV on other lots was selling for about $28K and I got it for approximately $13K. It's been 2 years and I have had no problems with my car...

• Ha
      10th of Sep, 2010

BUYERS BEAWARE!!

THEY ARE A AWFUL DEALERSHIP! ABOUT EQUIVALENT TO MIDWAY! ( VAN TYLE GROUP) THEY CHARGED ME 2x FOR PAPER FEES! TOTAL 1000 DOLLARS!! THEN, THEY THEY CHARGED ME FOR AUTO AMOUR PROTECTION $1000 PLUS DOLLARS, GLAS ETCH FOR 795 DOLLARS. BIGEST RIP OFF! THEY SEEM TO CLOSE DOWN THEIR DEALERSHIPS AND MOVE TO A NEW LOCATION A COUPLE TIMES A YEAR!

• La
      6th of Jul, 2009

I bought my 2007 Dodge Ram with 11000 miles on it from LD automotive in May 2008. The advertised Internet price was $11, 900, approximately $6000 to $10, 000 less than most other comparable vehicles. I did encounter the same issues at closing time that others have posted. I believe it was an additional $1500 for tinting, etching, etc. They also, like most dealerships pushed warranties. The bottom line was, despite the practices that seem somewhat unethical, I purchased the vehicle for at least $4000 to $5000 less than I could have got it somewhere else, and hav ehad no issues with the vehicle. Just go into the dealership with your eyes openand you can get a very good deal.

Larry

• Jg
      6th of Jul, 2009

i wish i would have looked on this site about a yr ago. i bought a 2008 avenger last October and i have had nothing but problems. i paid for the extended warranty and for some reason everything that goes wrong with the car is not covered by the warranty. nothing but snakes work at this dealership.

• Av
      29th of Jun, 2009

I think they are now connected with EquityAutoCenter.com or Equity Automotive Center. AVOID at ALL COSTS!!! This place will eventually have too much legal trouble and will be put out of business.

• Br
      9th of Jun, 2009

PLEASE NEVER TO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY THEY will take you for everything you got and then some please from one that has been swindled by this company don't by from them!!!

• Ar
      4th of Jun, 2009

To all concerned, this business is not listed with the BBB of AZ. All complaints go to the AG office.

20th of May, 2009

This does not suprise me one bit. After buying my car, they forgot about me too! I had perfect credit until I went to this dealer. It took them months to pay off my trade and my credit was damaged. The sales manager told me that I can dispute it with the credit bureaus. For several weeks I have been trying to get this cleared up, and am so frustrated! Beware!

• Th
      19th of May, 2009

DO NOT BUY EVEN A SODA FROM THIS PLACE. They would probably try and make and make you finance it. I bought a car from LD Automotive on April 11 2009. The worst mistake I ever made... First of all, they lure you in with VERY low prices on their website. Almost too good to be true. Actually they are. Once you make a deal, they start tacking all these "extras" on such as window eching, paint protection, etc. They say they are already applied to the car and not negotiable. You then get back to the finance office where you find out that they are all negotiable. I let that go because it was a car that fit what my family needed still within my price range. After all said and done, it is almost 6 weeks later and they have still yet to pay off my trade-in nor have I recieved my registration. I would NOT reccomment this dealer to anyone... I know the prices are catchy but BUY AT YOUR OWN RISK!!! I filed a complaint with the attorney generals office www.azag.gov and the BBB [email protected] and threatened to contact Channel 3 On your side. This was after making several phone calls with no return to Robert Mitchell, the acting office manager. After searching I found the owner's name, Leonard Diaz, sole owner of LD Automotive. We will see if he can correct this problem.

• Ko
      1st of May, 2009

I bought a car from LD as well. Apart from charging around $1, 500 for window tint, paint protection, etc., they also charged me Arizona sales tax. Why is that strange? I am not from Arizona, and I had to pay sales tax when I brought the car back to register in my state (because I live in a non-reciprocal state - they to not refund AZ tax). I could avoid paying AZ tax, if the dealer informed me about such option. But they did not. To make things even worse they promised repeatedly to return the unpaid tax. After weeks of such promises, and dozens of phone calls, I eventually filed a claim to a justice court, and got a decision awarding me the return of wrongfuly charged sales tax. LD never replied to the court decision, not with one letter, they just ignored all that. Not only is that dealership unprofessional, but also blatantly ignores the customer once deal is done, and money paid.
    Never buy from that place. That is an honest warning.

Konrad

13th of Apr, 2009

I cant find the BBB for these guys.
    Can someone post a link, or how to get there.

Thanks

13th of Apr, 2009

I cant find these guys in the BBB.
    Can someone post a link.

13th of Apr, 2009

I am 16 and looking to buy my first car, I looked up the prices on autotrader.com and they were too good to pass up. On people who have had an experience with the prices going up how much would you say they do...and is there any room for negotiating?

• Fo
      10th of Apr, 2009

In the internet I found LD Automotive Group to have the lowest prices by far not only in the city but across three states! In my searching for a vehicle I found them to have a Varity of pre-owned vehicles still under warranty with ones ability to get a cafax on every vehicle in stock right on the website so that I could see the vehicles history and what warranties were still available on each of there vehicles. In my research of LD Automotive Group I came across this Complaints Board which I think is a great forum and this brought concerns to mind so I investigated further with the Better Business Bureau and found them to be in excellent standing as company now find myself confused as whether to do business with them or not. Based on the language used in most all of these complaints I have to question the character of these individuals so the only way I will truly find out whether LD Automotive Group will stand by their prices is to give the an opportunity to earn my business!

• Da
      9th of Apr, 2009

You know I was actually thinking about going there and buying a used Nissan Armada. I ended up going to a Nissan dealership instead for a few different reasons. One, all of the complaints above. Two, I live closer to Tucson. Three, LD does not offer the same warranty and protection that a Nissan dealership would. I have a lifetime warranty on my engine, transmission and a 100, 000. mile warranty on the vehicle. When I called LD, the only warranty they could offer was driving the vehicle off the lot and a 6 month 6000 mile warranty at an additional price of course. So if you are thinking about buying a vehicle please be careful and ask about there warranty and protection coverage. I found out that they almost didn't have any. I have no regrets about not buying a vehicle from this automotive dealership.

6th of Apr, 2009

I'M SORRY BUT I HAD TO DIFFER WITH YOU. I BOUGHT TWO CARS FROM LD AUTOMOTIVE AND I HAD A GREAT EXPERIENCE. MY SON AND I WERE TREATED VERY WELL. THE MANAGERS AT LD AUTO WERE VERY PROFFECIONAL AND COURTEOUS.

4th of Apr, 2009

DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT VISITING THIS LOT! Nate, one of the dealers, was nice (ever met a mean used car dealer?!) but his "manager" (good cop, bad cop) announced that the listed internet price was not the final price. I was told that there were extra features added to the car that I would have to pay for...adding at least another $1, 000.00!

I am really pissed. I went all the way there, TWICE, because of their great listed prices - only to be jerked around, lied to, and, as Nate said, "Oh, sorry, I misunderstood what my manager said" blah, blah, blah...###!

What goes around, comes around. I hope this car lot and the "mean cop" dealer that I had to deal with get what they deserve.

[email protected]