LD Automotive / Bad service

1 17410 N. Cave Creek RoadPhoenix, AZ, United States Review updated:

I went to this dealership on Saturday, bought a car with the promise of financing, after 3 days I had no answer, by then the back number was falling off, the car was making noises and shaking on the highway and idle ling very rough, before I was approved for any loan I brought the car back, canceled my agreement in writing, now they do not call me back.

Va

Comments

7th of Aug, 2008

This dealer is a fraud. They get you into the dealer on a low sales price, then have the nerve to charge you $3, 000.00 for window tint!! Buyer beware. I have informed the BBB along with the AG. The sales staff are unproffesional and are the managers puppets. The manager I met, was very rude and lacking closing techniques. He failed to listen.

• Hi
      15th of Aug, 2008

On Aug 01, 2008, I called LD Automotive on a 2007 Caliber I saw advertised over the internet for $6, 915.00. Edgar stated that the vehicle was available and to come in. Once I was there, we test drove the vehicle, and started the paperwork. At that time, I noticed that the vehicle price was alot more than advertised. They did not disclose the $2700.00 for the window etch. Edgar tried explaining the etch, as a theft protection. He did not realize that I have installed etch on vehicles for the public, being a Phoenix firefighter for $3.00. It is a worthless item, and very deceptive. He tried showing me the book values on the vehicle and said that no one will come close to their price. I left.

22nd of Aug, 2008

Big waste of time!! As a buyer-I shop the internet in hopes of finding a vehicle that meets my needs at a price that I can afford. I called LD AUTOMOTIVE to verify that the vehicle was still in stock (57 miles from where I live). Two different salesman answered the phone stating that #1154 was available and it is price to move. He varified the price for me over the phone, and it changed once I committed to making the purchase. I just can't believe that this business is practicing this way! Places like LD Automotive give reputable dealers a bad name. I have filed a report with the Attorney General. BUYER BEWARE!!!

Larry Diggs
    Queen Creek, AZ

• To
      5th of Sep, 2008

PLEASE CALL ME TO DISCUSS ANY PROBLEMS WITH LD AUTO GROUP MY CELL #480-203-8388 THANK YOU

• Va
      9th of Sep, 2008
    LD Automotive - BAD DEALERSHIP
    LD Automotive
    Cave Creek ave
    Phoenix
    Arizona

HORRIBLE SERVICE. TOLD NOTHING BUT LIES. TRY TO TACK ON UNNECESSARY COST. EMPLOYEES COULDNT HELP ONLY THE MANAGER ANSWERED QUESTIONS AND HE WAS GRUMPY AND TOLD ME HE FIRED A GUY MINUTES BEFOIRE I CAME. JUST A BUNCH OF LIARS AND THE CARS REALLY ARE NOT THE PRICE THEY SAY. PLEASE SAVE YOURSELF THE GAS AND TROUBLE.

• Ri
      5th of Oct, 2008

hell guys,

I live in Gilbert Arizona and i saw this Titan over internet same same place LD Automotive the truck has like 8, 000 miles dark green truck king cab nice truck with rims for $9000, this place is like 45 miles away from my place, this crazy guy the sales guy told the he was going to include 3000 dollar for the paint protection that he put on it, and i said what about if i don't want it, he goes it's already on it, plus he said you have to pay tax for the truck, i said how much is that $900, and finally i said you know i have cash i am going to pay that aamout right now the amount you are asking for the price on the car, he said not that not the price i have to add the rest widows tint, pait protection, the detail the did to the car, tax, if the car it has rims you have to pay for that, so if you see in internet the amount of let's say $9000 for a truck you are going to end up paying like $15000 or $1600 and if you want a get a loan they will screw you up a little more.

I still don't have my truck but am going to keep lookig in autotrader private sale i am no going back to LD Automotive.

Thanks for rediing
    ricky

19th of Oct, 2008

Talk about your typical used car joint. I went into LD Automotive with the hopes of buying a car and left feeling like I needed a shower. The "manager" Leonard is one the greasiest people around as he was just telling us what we wanted to hear to close the deal. Please please please dont go to this grease monkey to buy a car you will just be dissappointed.

• Mo
      3rd of Nov, 2008

I couldn't agree more, these clowns will go out of business...I went in and tried to buy a car for a price they falsely advertised on the internet. They then tacked on a bunch of crap that only an idiot would pay for. I was going to put down $6000 down on a $10900 car, and they were offering the remainder of the car at $325 per month for 4 years... ARE THEY CRAZY!!! They would not remove the misc. charges and so I suspected something wrong. Who would pay $600 for a window tint? For all I know that already came with the car. I am glad I left that dealership, I would rather pay more somewhere else than shop at that place.

13th of Nov, 2008

I found a vehicle that met my needs, and verified its availability through LD Automotives customer service. Everything was good until the price increased 6500.00 for window tint, and aftermarket wheels!! Wow! Horrible, horrible, waste of time! This is an illegal opperation ran by illegal aliens. Fly by nite! Buyer Beware! Oh by the way, Robert Mitchel, you owe me $50.00 for wasting my afternoon!

17th of Nov, 2008

These sites are great. I was going to drive down and purchase a jeep from these clowns, now I will take my business elsewhere...The internet is a great thing! Thanks Everyone!

• Ju
      2nd of Dec, 2008

Bait and switch dealership. Very low level sales staff. Incompetent owners and management. The girls in finance are from McDonalds. Leonard Diaz reputation will soon catch up to him...

• Mr
      15th of Dec, 2008
    LD Automotive - Deceptive Financing
    Phoenix
    Arizona

Bought car about month ago and LD has not paid my car off. Have had to make payment on car that was suppose to have been paid.

31st of Dec, 2008

WOW ! glad I RAN IN TO THIS SITE BECAUSE I LIVE 4 HRS AWAY AND WAS PLANNING ON DRIVING OUT TOMORROW TO BUY A VEHICLE WELL GUESS NOT NOW HORRIBLE TO HEAR BUSINESS IS RAN THAT WAY THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP

3rd of Mar, 2009

Was looking to make a purchase from LD on Saturday. I'll find another place to go. They didn't want to answer any of my questions over the phone regarding the advertised price. They would rather have an upset customer who drove from San Diego on their showroom floor yelling and cussing, then to explain the details over the phone. Buyer Beware!

• Tu
      5th of Mar, 2009

I suppose I will jump in on this one too. A while back, I found a Dodge Nitro on the internet that LD had listed for sale. The price was great, so I called, and was told that the vehicle was still there. My wife and I drove up there (about 50 miles), and the said Nitro was not there. We ended up purchasing a different Nitro. At that time they were only trying to charge $700 for the tint. I see now that they have it up to $3000!!! That's insane! Anyhow, I basically told him that he could take his $700 tint job and ram it up his a__. We negotiated and argued back and forth, and ended getting it down to $300, which is still pretty stiff. So, lets talk about the license plate. They would not send me my plate, although I paid for it. This went on for so long that we went through their 45 day permit, a 30 day permit, and 2 3 day permits. They would not return my calls, and it got to the point that I had to go over to their "corporate" office and demand a plate. I was there for about an hour and a half or so. The staff was EXTREMELY un professional. This is the worst fly by night organization that I have ever dealt with, and I would suggest to stay away from it.

• Ru
      6th of Mar, 2009

I purchased a 2004 ford f-150 from L&D automotive. I origionally saw the truck on autotrader.com with an advertised price of $8400. When I arrived to the dealership I was greeted by a skinny nerdy looking douch bag. I took the truck for a test drive and liked the way it drove soo I decided to buy it. While i was waiting for a financing manager to become available, the dealer and I were discussing possible terms such as montly payment, WINDOW ETCH (huge fraud) GAP insurance and all that jazz. When the finance manager became available we talked for about a half hour before i was informed that the internet price was the KBB minimum for a 2004 f150 in other than excellent condition. The price they came up for me...18000 bucks. Being the dumb ### I am and on the spot, I decided to sign the contract and drove home in my new truck. Well 3 days later I get a call from these ### tards telling me that I need to come in and sign some papper work that got missed. Intrigued by the situation I decided to do a little internet searching and thats when I found out about Spot financing YO-YO scams. I went back to the dealership fully aware of what they were trying to do to me. After an hour of the same douch bag sales man trying to convince me that im not getting scammed, I tossed the keys on the ground told him to ### off and walked away.

Bottom line. DO NOT DEAL WITH THESE GUYS. They are not profession, very very fraudulent, and will ### you 3 ways from sunday. There is not a single do that goes by that i dont wish damnation on that car dealership and every crook that works for them.

• Gl
      11th of Mar, 2009

Hi,

I came down from Canada having agreed on a vehicle and clearly stating that I did not want window etching or paint protection etc.

When I arrived a very large and persistent salesman tried to sell me the same Mustang at an inflated price. I told him we already had an agreed price.

He stated that it did not include the window etching (not registered with any security based company so useless) and window tint. I noted that the car did not have any window tint on it. He stated that it would have to have it put on before the car left the lot.

I showed him $10, 000 in cash and put it back in my pocket and said "See Ya Loser".

Bought a mustang privately and drove to the lot. Pointed out standard factory tint, no etching, and a good wax job and that I still had a $1000 in my pocket. I just had to rub it in.

Stay away from them!!!

13th of Mar, 2009

I saw a mustang online at LD Automotive that I had to have! I was so excited! I left my dealership during my lunch to make the purchase. I arrived to a [censored]storm of price increases! It floors me that they are currently operating. Not for long! I am an honest and successful finance manager at a dealer here in Scottsdale and I would never have to resort to lies and deceit to close a deal. Goes to show how greed will take over weak people.

• St
      28th of Mar, 2009

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME!!! I had the same experience as the rest here, in fact was verbally insulted by the manager, some fat guy named kaleel or khabob or something. This is the most wicked and sleazeball dealership I have ever been in. There may be some good salesmen there, but they are in a slimeball dealership. I have never even been in a business before where I was actually insulted because I didn't buy their product. In fact, when I responded, the "manager" turned his back like a coward and closed his door, but then came back as I was leaving to get some more in! For Real? I have never had anything like this happen to me in my life!!!

This dealership exists to get as much money out of a person as they can with excess fees and extra charges. If you are paying cash, then it's a no go. I think they want to pillage each person getting financed. That's where they make their dirty, dishonest, money.

There has to be some way a business this unethical can get shut down! Wish I had seen this site before I went!!! DON'T GO!!!

• Fr
      1st of Apr, 2009

Thank god i read this, i was about to go down to phoenix to buy a jeep that i saw over the internet. ### that. this is my first car and im not going to get ###ed over by these people.