LC Van Rentalmoney not returned

On 21st september I paid the amount of £770 to book a 7.5t truck to move house in December however i had to cancel the truck the day after booking due to unforseen circumstances...
I am now 2 months in waiting for my money back!
Every week i call up to get told there sending the money and then get told to wait 5 working days for it to clear, after that Micheal the person I'm talking to tells me theres been an issue and they'll resend it.
Now stuck in this loop with of poor excuses...
Any help appreciated thank you

Sj
Nov 22, 2018

Comments

• Su
      Nov 24, 2018

Michael at LC Van Rental is also the person who continually gives us excuses about why there are delays in paying the money owed to us. I have evidence in the form of a message left on the answer machine (in which he said the money had already been transferred back into our bank account) and many emails, in which he promises to set up a standing order and apologises the delays, which he says are caused by him being off sick or because the system is complicated to set up. We have received odd amounts from 'Francis SC' and the most recent from a series of numbers. I have reported the company for fraudulent practice to several consumer outlets and keep on hassling Michael via telephone and emails. I am astonished that this company - which I gather goes under several different names - is still operating. I have described our experience in full an earlier message.
    Sue and Vince

• Db
      Nov 28, 2018

Same story. Same excuses. A written complaint addressed to their published address has been returned unopened to sender. Ive raised it with BBC Watchdog. Not sure what else to do.