LBS Health OptionsFraudulent Charges to Credit Card

1 Review updated:

I received an email today from a consumer regarding a complaint they had against LBS Health Options and WC Value-Plus V. The consumers' email is as follows...

"I have been a victim of the same scam like many other people. I have done what you have suggested. I have been charged for LBS Health Options and Value-Plus V. I called both of them and only Value Plus was able to offer full refund of my money. LBS Health Options only wanted to give partial part of the money. I need you to help me get my full refund. Can you please help me?" (End of message)

I called the company about this consumers' complaint and I now understand what is happening. I have received numerous complaints about this company from consumers, however, I did not know how the company was getting the consumers' permission to charge their account. What happens is this...

(1). A representative from the company calls you to offer you their products and services. The respresentative speaks very quickly and offers you a $40.00 gas card for FREE or some other type of FREE offer. The rep informs you more than once that the offer is FREE. All you need to do is type in your birthdate, (month and year), and that will confirm your purchase. The rep does not give you much time to think about the call or the offer. The rep will persuade you to take advantage of their service and unless you are assertive you most likely will be talked into accepting the offer. So with your typing in your birdate information the rep requested you have confirmed that you accept their offer which is for the Value-Plus V program. So far so good. You are going to receive vouchers for $40.00 worth of gas along with the information concerning their company and services they offer. You will have 30 days to review the program. If you do not want to keep the membership YOU need to call them and cancel the membership or your credit/debit card will be billed $19.95 a month until you do call them and cancel the service. If you call to cancel the membership ask for the name of the rep you speak with. Write down the date and time of your call. If they do not cancel your membership call your bank and inform whoever you speak with that the charge is fraudulent and you would like the money refunded back to your account. The sooner you contact your bank the better. Do not delay in calling your bank to report the fraudulent charges. You have to contact your bank before 60 days pass to get the charges refunded back to your account so be sure to contact your bank before 60 days pass from the time you are fraudulently charged.

(2). Next, while you are on the phone the rep is going to offer you their LBS Health Options Package for FREE. For accepting the offer you will receive some discount vouchers for restaurants or other types of services or products. All, for FREE. You have 30 days to review the program. If you do not want to keep the membership YOU will need to call the company and cancel the service just like you did with the Value-Plus V Program. YOU will need to call to cancel the membership within 30 days. If you do not call to cancel the membership the company will continue to charge you $49.95 until you do. You need to cancel both or all services that you have been charged for separately. You will need to cancel the Value-Plus V Program and then you will need to cancel the LBS Health Options Membership separately. If you do not do this you will still be charged for what ever service you did not cancel.

(3). To cancel the services call [protected] and ask to cancel both the Value-Plus and LBS Health Options or whatever memberships you have purchased. Remember, you have to cancel each membership individually. You can also email the company at [protected]@lifeguardhealthoptions.com.

Also, if it were me I would write a letter to the company to cancel my services as well. Be sure to list the memberships you wish to cancel individually. Send your letter to the following address and request a confirmation from the USPS. This service costs you a little more money, but you will have proof someone actually received and signed for your letter. Send your cancellation letter to:

Member Services
Lifeguard Benefit Services
4929 West Royal Lane
Irving, TX 75063
Web Address: Life Guard Health Options Web Site

I hope this information helps you.

If you are a consumer with a compliment, complaint, concern, issue, question, or a SCAM to report please email me at [protected]@bepositiveday.com or call me at [protected] and I will be delighted to try and help you if I can.

Comments

Aug 29, 2008
    LBS Health Options - Unauthorized charge to my card
    LBS Health Options

I was so glad to find this site as my card was charged by these people & I've never heard of them. My card company gave me credit and then here it is again being re-charged. Who are these people and how can we stop them???

• Pa
      Sep 18, 2008

My bank card was charged by these people and I don't know anything about it. Who are these people and who gave them my information. I need something done about this.

• Za
      Sep 27, 2008

My wife also recieved a call that was offering to give a free $25.00 and was never talked to about a credit card # at all or anything taken out of any of our accounts we have had a total of around $100.00 taken off our cards without our authorization...we got the card canceled and lbs health options also agreed to put money back on or card ...but should we still call the autourney general?

Sincereley, marcie..

Oct 06, 2008

stop takeing my money

• Du
      Oct 10, 2008

Just got the same thing, charged me 28.00 and then again 1.95
    I'm going to try to call the number provided by my Bank, and if that does not, I'll bring the Gov. in this thing. I will initate a lawsuit to stop this BS

Nov 21, 2008

THESE PEOPLE HAVE BEEN TAKING &49.95 OUT ON MY CREDIT CARD. THIS WAS NOT AUTHERIZEED. I DID SIGN UP FOR A SAVINGS COUPON PLAN THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A LOT LESS THAN THAT. I HAVE CALLED THIS NUMBER SEVERAL TIMES WITH NO ANSWER. LAST MONTH THIS CHARGE CAUSED ME TO BE OVER MY CHARGE LIMIT COSTING ME &100.00 PLEASE TAKEW ME OFF THIS PLAN...A LETTER WILL BE COMING SOON;NOW THAT I HAVE AN ADDRESS.+ I AM ALSO SENDING A LETTER TO THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU.. I EXPECT A REFUND OF THE $49.95 FROM LAST MONTH OCT. & THIS MONTH NOVEMBER. I HOPE THIS MATTER IS TAKEN CARE OF RAPIDLY..
    ANEDIA PERKINS

• Vi
      Feb 22, 2009

lifeguard health options is a fraud, also direct med, and amacore they now give you 14 days to cancel, best advice call your bank and dispute the charges, they have so many different names also part of aig

• Je
      Oct 16, 2009

I am also posting a complaint. I tried to talk to these people today, and all four people told me that I agreed to this, and that I had given permission. I listened to a copy of the conversation they had with my husband, which they so conveniently kept. The gentleman who called spoke very rapidly; and I had no idea what he was talking about myself. My husband simply agreed just to end the conversation. My husband explained that he needed to get off of the phone as he was tired from his recent back surgery. This meant to me that he had no idea what they were talking about as well. I only noticed this today because I had to review my checking transactions because they did not agree with the banks. I learned that Lifeguard has been taking 49.95 from my checking for the past year. There was also a monthly withdrawal from a Value Plus in the amount of 19.95. This company was supposed to be sending me coupons (which they never did) on behalf of Lifeguard. So for the past 14 months, these companies have been taking almost 70.00 dollars from my checking. I am completely outraged ! According to Lifeguard, there is nothing I can do about it. Does anyone know if this is accurate?

• Ce
    LBS Health Options - Un lawful deductions
    LBS Health Options
    ?
    ?
    Phone: [protected]

These people have taken money off my cretid card I don't even know who these people are or what they represent. They took off eight dollars that went thru and then 1.95 that was declined. I would like to have them funds put back on my credit card. I don't know how to keep them from taking any more off that I do not autherize. Can you please help me in this matter. Thank You CeeJa

• Kr
      Jun 07, 2016

The same thing just happened to me! I don't even know how to contact them to stop them from billing my account! What did you do?

• Ni
      Jun 07, 2016

I had this same thing happen to me, it is some sort of scam and it is also linked to AMS Health options. You can contact them at [protected]. However, the best thing to do is contact your bank and let them know what is happening. Cancel the card that they are taking funds off of immediatly.

• Mi
      Jun 07, 2016

I got charge $49.95 first time yesterday. I'm gonna call to the bank.

• Al
      Jun 07, 2016

I got charged the $9.95 thing too. I called my credit company and they credited that money back to me but they suggested I cancel my card and get a new. My credit line was intact still which was good. However they did give me that [protected] number. I researched this company a little and it turns out they got some ppl with the Free gas cards. Which i did receive a call from them i told them that i didnt want that $1 charge made for a $40 gas card but they did it anyways operantly. I did not get charged that 49.95 but some only got charged that after they refused to make the 9.95 payment. You can avoid the fraudulent charge of the 49.95 if you cancel your card and get a new one. Trust me its worth it, I was charged $10 to have my credit number changed but its better than $50.

• Em
      Jun 07, 2016

i dont know how these guys got my card info. they just billed me for nothing...$9.95. i may have to call my bank.

• Pa
      Jun 07, 2016

They contact you with a long marketing pitch, can get you to authorize a charge in order to receive a $40 gas card and other coupon offers.

There's also the catch that they will bill you $49.95 a month or so if you do not opt out within 30 days of that future charge... so YOU MUST OPT OUT.

My bank, USAA, is set up so that I receive e-mail alerts whenever I receive a charge over $1, so I verify every single charge in my e-mail each day... I spotted the $9.95 charge this morning, and immediately contacted their customer support at [protected] and was able to get a refund for the 9.95 and also opt-out of all future bills.

I've been scammed in the past, where I was not always able to get a refund... This is pretty benign.. less ethical sales, but they do refund customers.

• Al
      Jun 07, 2016

i had the same problem. apparently they buy account information from other vendors if you have purchased on the internet with. it is really shady, but the internet is messed up anyways.

you can call [protected] and speak to a live representative about this. don't give out any information to them (they ask for address / email address, i gave them my email, refused to give my address). they will reimburse the 49.95 that was charged for every month. make sure you take down the employee's name and ID # and request for an email confirmation.

hope this helps.

Ali

• Ry
      Jun 07, 2016

These guys have called me multiple times offering gas coupons pretending to be with my CC company offering value added service for clients in good standing, i declined there offers for the last 2 weeks and they keep calling; the other day a $1 and $19 transaction showed up on my credit card from LBS*HEALTH OPTIONS [protected] TX then today a $49 transaction from the same company plus $19 from WC *VALUE PLUS-V [protected] MN.

I was irate, called health options and immediately was offered a refund of all transactions; hopefully i get the refunds, if i do not il cancel the credit card in question and get a new one issued.

• Re
      Jun 07, 2016

im pissed off that their still being able to do this, im already broke and now im getting over draft fees. these people have to be stopped. i want my refund. im going to call that number but i have to wait till monday cuz it friday and their closed on weekends. i filed a disput with my bank so hopefully it gets resolved.

• Ci
      Jun 07, 2016

I just found the same $9.95 charge on my credit card this morning. These people are horrible! I don't know how they can sleep at night. When I found the charge this morning I immediately called my credit card company because I did not know where this charge came from. We googled "LBS Health Options" and found this site. Since there are so many complaints it was suggested that I cancel my credit card, which I did. I now remember getting the pitch call but I refused and didn't think anything more about it, until this morning. I then called the number I found in previous complaints above (I haven't received anything from these people and did not have a phone number, so thanks for posting it) and I refused to give them my mailing address, as suggested, and the lady I spoke with, Bonnie (who would not give me her ID#), said to call back when I am able to give her a mailing address for "security purposes." Then she hung up on me! I was livid! I think the only way to prevent these horrible people from charging your CC is to cancel your card. I wish I knew who they got my CC information from. I asked them when they called with their pitch and they said they didn't know who gave them my information. Watch out for these scammers!

• Ke
      Jun 07, 2016

This company is definitely a scam. My wife and I got a call to her cell phone, unsure how they got that number, only released as a private line to her college... We denied all offers and told them were not interested in any of this... yet we still got a charge to her credit card for $9.95 back in May from AMS Health Options while we were on vacation... so we didn't even catch the charge on our online statement. Then today we get a charge for $49.95 from LBS Health Options. We called our bank and subjected a hold on our account so that the $49.95 won't go through. They said it will take 10 days to investigate the dispute then we would get notified of the outcome. Tomorrow we are calling the 866.915.1190 number and getting this BS!!! taken care of. When we tell them that we told them that we were not interested in any of the offers, and they go check their recordings and tell us otherwise, then we'll see how they like dealing with the BBB and a nice hefty lawsuit from me and my lawyers. People like this are ### of the earth.

Jun 07, 2016

Add us to the list. I saw these same charges on my dads account. 9.95. back in May under AMS Health options, and then 49.95 last month and again this month. I will call my bank and them, then demand a refund or else I will take action.

• Sh
      Jun 07, 2016

I was dealing with these same issues! It happens because when you purchase something off the internet, some sites sell your information to others. Also, in my case, I signed up for trial memberships and in doing so the sites automatically signed me up with their affiliate sites. My bank account was nearly emptied by unkown charges.

HERES WHAT YOU DO:

1.CONTACT SITES/COMPANIES CUSTOMER SERVICE WHO CHARGED YOU AND ASKED TO CANCELL ALL MEMBERSHIPS (INCLUDING AFFILIATE) AND BE REFUNDED UNAUTHORIZED CHARGES
    * MAKE SURE TO NOTE THE DATE YOU CALLED/EMAILED FOR YOUR RECORDS

2. CONTACT YOUR BANK/CREDIT CARD COMPANY AND FILE A DISPUTE ABOUT UNAUTHORIZED CHARGES
    UPON REQUEST YOUR BANK CAN ALSO PROVIDE THE CONTACT INFO OF COMPANIES FROM WHICH THE CHARGES CAME

3. REQUEST YOUR BANK TO CANCELL YOUR CURRENT CARD AND ISSUE YOU A NEW DEBIT/ATM CARD
    SO THAT YOU CAN ENSURE YOU WONT GET CHARGED (MY BANK SAID THIS WONT AFFECT THE DISPUTE AND IF YOU ARE REFUNDED IT GOES ONTO THE NEW CARD)

HERE ARE SOME CONTACT NUMBERS FOR COMPANIES I'VE HAD ISSUES WITH:

1.LBS HEALTH OPTIONS [protected]
    2.HOME PLAY, BUDGET SAVERS [protected]
    3. GRANT FUNDING SOURCE [protected] OR [protected]@grantfundingsource.com
    4. BUSSINES FUNDING [protected]
    5. NW-AG.COM [protected]

YOU SHOULD CALL JUST TO SEE IF YOU HAVE A MEMBERSHIP WITH THEM. REMEMBER SOME SITES SELL YOU INFO OR YOU ALSO CAN AUTOMATICALLY BE CHARGED BY AFFILIATE SITES!

Jun 07, 2016

LBS*HEALTH OPTIONS, [protected] NC CHECKCARD TRANS has shown up on my bank account for an amount of $49.95. Thank God my bank was great about it and familiar with this company. He got LBS on the phone with us and the representative there named Judy W. explained to me an upfront lie that I signed up for some membership to receive free gas cards and other offers in addition to a purchase I had made. In reality I remember some annoying telemarketer calling my work phone and continued to talk to me about this B.S. and I said politely "NO THANK YOU." He did not stop and kept going and going so I finally said "GOODBYE" and hung up. I never agreed to any charges on my credit card and they are sneaky because they are miniture charges starting out at $9.95 then $49.95 every month...they do that so that you might let it slip by thinking it's not that much money. The name of this company is actually Lifegaurd Benefits, if you are having trouble getting a hold of the phone number on your bank statement you can go to their website www.lifeguardbenefitservices.com and find out their exact location and phone number. What a terrible company to do that to people. Spread the bad word about them to all of your friends and family and make sure that we put an end to their fraud! The bank should take care of the issue for you unless they are taking money out of your credit card. I got a conformation number and Lifegaurd Benefit's snotty customer service representative Judy W. said I will have the money back in my account in full within 3-5 business days!

• Ta
      Jun 07, 2016

How do I get this company from debiting my account-
    Help-please send me an e-amil help!!!

• Tr
      Jun 07, 2016

I received a call Sunday night about possible fraud on my father's debit card. There were three charges, LBS, WC Home Play and Budget Savers. When I called WC Home Play (which does Budget Savers also) they had all the correct information on my father. He has Parkinsons Disease and Diabetes and can barely talk on the telephone though they had his cell phone number. The customer service at WC Home Play gladly credited back his account. I also informed her that LBS was a big scam and she should google it. Still need to cancel his card because the information is out there. I am also calling the FCC.

• Ge
      Jun 07, 2016

I looked at my credit card statement and found deductions of $28.00, $1.95. Please tell me what I need to do to stop so-called company's from violating my credit card account?

• Le
      Jun 07, 2016

I have fraudulent charges by Value Plus-v and lbs Health Options as well. A new card will be issued.

I hang up on all telemarketers so my card information must have been sold through some internet transaction I made.

All automatic withdrawals should require written permission from the customer through their bank. I am going to require this from my bank from now on.

Jun 07, 2016

I just received a deduction from My account from LBS. Last week I recall someone calling about a Gas Card offer. I called the number above and they said, "there was two other companies that would be charging my card." Instead of waiting around for them to charge me, I'm canceling my card with the band and reissue another one. I got the feeling with LBS they would be more charges. These companies are probably not even American, but taking our money.

Jun 07, 2016

I personally only made a few purchases on my card. If anyone could remember who they bought from using there card, we maybe able to find out which company has been selling our information and report them. It must have been a purchase where the company had our numbers and address.

Jun 07, 2016

I've just checked my checking account tonight and found four unauthorized charges under those same companies for the tune of $40. I did not authorize this charge, I don't even know these companies! These charges are fraudulent! I did contact one company, the Homeboy company and they told me my membership would be cancelled and my fees refunded. When asked how he got my CC information, the young helper just informed me they were sold the info from a company I had done business with in the past and that's all he could tell me. Let's see, in the last year I've only made two purchases that I can recall, one from the Pittsburgh Steelers and the other from Tiger Direct (of both which I will be contacting in the morning after cancelling my debit card). I feel that I'm legally entitled to be told where my financial info was obtained from. They had my billing address and my mom's maiden name for crying out loud! Just think how much money these people have scammed and got away with? I can promise you they are making tons of money at our expense. If were to walk into a bank and take $40 out of their tills and walk out, do you think we'd go to jail? So my question is, WHERE IS THE LAW ENFORCING THE RULES ON THE INTERNET PERTAINING TO MONETARY, ESPECIALLY ILLEGAL MONETARY TRANSACTIONS? If someone with real authority could contact me and let me know what I need to do to start making trouble for the problem makers that need to go away, please contact me. I have tons of spare time on my hands and I'm really pissed off right now. Plus if anyone wants to join me in trying to correct this, please contact me. I'm sure enough of us some what intelligent people get together, we just might make a difference. THESE PEOPLE ARE STEALING FROM US AND THEY NEED TO BE STOPPED. NOW. Anyone else with ideas or stories that have worked, please don't hesitate to email me. Thanks-

• Ta
      Jun 07, 2016

yeah who the hell are these peopel to just go through my bank account, and yours??? they took $20.00 from my credit card and i want it back now...

• Ni
      Jun 07, 2016

I did just look on my statement and someone charged 28$ from my account... And the name is LBS Health Options.. what is this?? What do i need to do to stop it??

• St
      Jun 07, 2016

I fully agree with all of you and in particular Andre...I would LOVE to see these a-holes get what they deserve. Have just had the same problem as everyone else and had to cancel my credit card. So livid my hands are shaking! Absolutely disgusting that they actually get away with this and HOW do they anyway? Seems ridiculous to me!!!

• Je
      Jun 07, 2016

I just had 28.00/1.95, from LBS* HEALTH OPTIONS and they asked if i had recived a phone call offering 1000$ shopping card, a program about TODAY"S ESCAPES, and Health insurance. I told the phone call i did not want the Health Thingy, but they still put it threw and charged me with-in a week of the phone call. i called [protected]. and talked to an AMY that reversed the charges and, cancled the program. 10-27-08

• Le
      Jun 07, 2016

Same thing happened to me guys.. 28.00$, and 1.95$...there must be something we can do.. these are the two numbers I got from them, [protected]
    and [protected].. but i haven't been able to reach anybody!!

• Fe
      Jun 07, 2016

they just tried to screw me over too!

• Da
      Jun 07, 2016

I was also taken in by xxxblackbook and had ALL of the same issues, many messages or "flirts" not one response..it is all a HUGE scam. I did however get my money reimbursed! I have provided the site address for EPOCH the billing agent who canceled my account and reversed the charges ($119) as I was "unsatisfied with the service". I spoke with a rep on the phone at; [protected]. Granted I had only been signed for 2 days but I paid in full and the did credit my account. So there is some good here. Good luck and remember...fool me once, shame on you...fool me twice, shame on me.

Cheers

• St
      Jun 07, 2016

the same thing happened to me. I was charged 28.00 then1.95 shipping. However, I don't really use my card online. The last website I used my card was on the riddex.com website. All of a sudden I'm getting bogus charges. Has anyone else used that website .?

Jun 07, 2016

in response to the phone nummber [protected]-tx. i have called it several times and no one will answer the phone.. i get the operator tell me to punch 1 for english over & over.
    i hope this will take care of the problem.

Jun 07, 2016

I cannot believe I let this happen to me. Was not paying attention, no excuse. But I have been victimized by the LBS Health Options, they used two different phone calls. When ever you talk to anyone, make sure you use the word NO loud and clear several times. Hang ups do not count, they got you. I have spent over $700 dollars for whatever that was, did not receive whatever they promised. Do I feel like a fool.
    Is there a way to take them to a small claims court in Texas?