LB Electronics / Bad experience

They said they could fix it. They soldered a new ac plug burnt my motherboard up, then wanted 30 dollars to give me my ruined Dell 5160 laptop. Beware of these folks! L&B electronics Eldon, mo [protected]. I was told they could fix it, the guy that sent me was selling computers, I think they ruined it thinking I would buy a new computer from them. Now it will cost about 300 for the motherboard plus to install. This is the first time I went to a public place and they charged me to ruin my computer!

Va

Comments

• La
      19th of Nov, 2008

This gentleman had already been in his laptop, and had reassembled it improperly, causing some arcing which blew the protective circuitry in the charging system. He even told us he'd been into it, assuring us "its the dc jack." Due to his own actions, he was the cause of his "dead motherboard." His money was refunded to him for his ill-behavior. He was also quoted a price for a replacement board, that HE himself could purchase through ebay, for around $160 dollars. He wasn't charged for the $300s labor we put into this laptop diagnosing why it wasn't charging after replacing the dc jack. The $30 was to recover the cost of the new jack that was replaced. No labor what-so-ever. We believe this was extremely fair due to the circumstances. And again, his money was refunded completely to him.

• La
      21st of Jan, 2009

I also didn't help that your wife told us you had just gotten it at a garage sale and didn't know if it even worked when she dropped it off. Most people call this fraud.