Law Office of Richard A. Brennan / Debt consolidation scam!

Follow the below link for the latest on the class action lawsuit against the Law Offices of Richard A. Brennan.

You can contact Brennan's office by calling [protected] then hit ext. 0.

I am told Mataya is the ONLY person handling all of the claims. To date - Brennan's office has 1300 claims it is working on - Mataya is only able to complete 50-60 a week. That means for this process to be completed - it will take at least 6 MONTHS for everyone to get a refund.

This is ridiculous! I am tired of this law firms excuses. I wonder how they would feel if someone took hundreds of dollars out of their pay check and then didn't give it back for more than a year? These people are ridiculous. They don't care about the people who have been screwed over. If they did - they would have a team of 100 people in there getting this process done.

I urge everyone reading this complaint - to contact the attorney who is involved in the class action suit.

Comments

Mi
  22nd of Jun, 2007

Richard A. Brennan and his office staff should have trouble sleeping at night if any of them have a conscience. They also have money that belongs to us. $1036 to be exact(not inclsuing the initiation fee). As with other complaints I've read, the process seemed to be working, then The Law Offices of Richard A. Brennan continued transferring money from my checking account and then did not apply the money to my creditors as promised. Maybe he needed the money to pay his $187,000 debt to the IRS (Maryland Court Public Records). This is case of stealing from the poor who are trying to get on the right track. Robin Hood - RA Brennan is not. We used the company to try to rebuild our credit. Obviously, people in our financial situation cannot afford to sue the lawyer and his company. Nice little scam he has going'!

An
  10th of Jul, 2007

How do i get into the class act law suit or get my money back?

Ho
  10th of Jul, 2007

The Law Office of Richard A Brennan has closed their doors and run off with all of our money. They have over $1600 of my money. Their phones have been disconnected and they do not answer any emails. I would also like info on the class action suit if anyone can help.

Cy
  27th of Nov, 2007

I also would like info on the class action suit. He is operating under the name of Frederick Law Group and has taken lots of money from me and done nothing to settle debts.

An
  30th of Nov, 2007

In the last few months, I have had all the creditors start calling me that Richard Brennan was suppose to be taking care of. I have been using Richard Brennan for a little over two years and have had no debts paid off. I can not get in touch with anyone but money is still being taken out of my account.

Th
  23rd of Jan, 2008

These comments sound just like mine. Even the names are the same.I want in on the class action suit. This guy should be disbarred.He stole $7000.00 from me. ANYONE,,,,,,Please let me know if you have any luck.

Fr
  1st of Mar, 2008

We are having the same issues as everyone else. We have paid him over $4500 and he didn't work with our Creditors once.

Fortunatey he had to run away from the Agency we worked with and the money stopped coming our of our account last month

Now he has the Audacity to send up more paperwork asking us to sign up with him again under anohter agency so he can take more money from us.

Like all of you we are now in more trouble than when we started.

My guess is we won't get our money back because this guy cna't have that much money with all of these issues he has.

Ma
  7th of Mar, 2008

I was reading the above complaint and have been trying to talk to someone about a $745.00 deposit refund that is due to me. I finished my debt consolidation program with Consumers Alliance Processing Corporation and when I asked them about getting my deposit returned to me, they gave me Richard A Brennan phone numbers. None of these numbers works. In the comment above, it states to contact the attorney that is involved in the civil action law suit. I was wondering how I would go about contacting him. If someone could please let me know this information, I would greatly appreciate it.

Mary Thompson

Pa
  24th of Apr, 2008

I see a lot of requests for info on attorneys handling a class action lawsuit. None given . Did I miss something? Where is the info?

Jj
  30th of Apr, 2008

James Koch is handling the lawsuit, but it's been going on for a while, don't know how that works. I'd contact him.

Mi
  12th of Jul, 2008

All i can tell everyone is to close there account.
They say you will lose you'r deposit.
But it seems to me We have lost it anyway.
It seems to me that we didn't violate our contract
they did.
So please everyone close you'r bank account and
open a new one. The bank worked with me when i told
what happened.
If they have taken out money in the last couple months .The bank may be able to help you get it back.
It worked for me.Remember to close you'r account
as soon as possible.I hope this helps.

Ja
  16th of Jul, 2008

RICHARD BRENNAN STOLE OVER $5600.00 FROM ME. I WANT MY MONEY BACK. IF ANYONE KNOWS WHO THE ATTORNEY IS THAT IS HANDLING THIS PLEASE EMAIL ME. THANKS

Ie
  1st of Oct, 2008

Our family was robbed by this person as well. Here is what I found on who to contact to be a part of the class action.

A class action lawsuit against Richard A Brennan was filed in the Circuit Court for Frederick Co., MD on 12/12/06, Case No. 10C06003015. We are attempting to create a victim database. If you have a claim against this defendant, contact us at the email address indicated below (Please ... no telephone calls at this time). Give us your name, address, claim amount, and any additional information about your claim that you wish to provide. Unfortunately, due to the large number of claimants, we may not be able to answer each email individually or respond to individual inquiries about this case.

Law Offices of James P. Koch
1101 St. Paul St.
Suite 404
Baltimore, MD 21202
jkoch1(at)ix.netcom.com
jpkochlaw.com

Ev
  20th of Oct, 2008

I am looking to recover $5, 000 taken from my account without any results. Hope to join class action.

Se
  17th of Mar, 2009

As I sit here and read your stories it as though I am reading my own. I found out about this 2 days ago and I am still in utter shock. I can't believe all this time I thought I was getting something accomplish in regards to clean up my debit and it turns out I was just getting ripped-off. I HOPE WE ALL GET OUR MONEY BACK. People should not be able to get away with things like this. Thanks for the information it was helpful.

Pb
  18th of Mar, 2009

I became part of the lawsuit. I stupidly sent them over $30, 000 to help consolidate and negotiate my credit card bills. I did this by mortgaging my house, and now I am close to foreclosure because I did this to help me take care of my credit rating and now I am close to declaring bankruptcy.