Law Office Of Fred Hanna / Harrasment

This Law Office has been calling my cell phone non-stop for the last three to four months looking for my mother. When they ask for her I politely tell them that they have reached hr daughter and then I ask if there is anything I can do for them. I then get a very rude tone of voice stating that this is my mother's files and I have no business asking what it concerns. They then continue to ask me for her address and phone number. When I reply that I do not just give that information out they get even more rude and tell me that they have a job to do and I am not letting them do it. I tell them once again that I am not willing to just give out that information and that I handle a good bit of her business anyways and that they would end up having to talk to me about it anyways. They then proceed to keep being rude and hangup very quickly on me. I have asked them to stop calling my phone several times, but they refuse to because I have the only contact information that they have been given. I am sorry, but it is my opinion that if they want to call them selves a "Collection Agency" then they, one need to be more polite, two do a little more research, and three when told they have the wrong information, several times might I add, then they need to respect that and find another way of contacting the person they are trying to contact instead of harrassing a person that has nothing to do with what they are calling for.

Comments

• Fd
      23rd of May, 2009

SINCE I HAVE BEEN IN THE COLLECTION BUSINESS FOR MORE THAN 20 YEARS, I KNOW OF MANY COLLECTORS THAT WORK FOR FRED HANNA ( A REAL LAWYER) HERE IN GEORGIA.
    MOST OF THESE PEOPLE HAVE SINCE LEFT THE AGENCY BECAUSE OF REPEATED VIOLATIONS OF THE COLLECTION LAWS.
    YOU DON'T NEED TO RECORD ANYTHING, HOWEVER, YOU NEED TO KEEP A CALL LOG WITH THE DATE, TIME, AND THE NAME OF WHO YOU TALKED TO. THEN CONTACT LISA WRIGHT, ATTORNEY-AT-LAW (GEORGIA) AND HER FIRM WILL DEFINITELY EITHER GET THEM TO STOP OR WILL SUE THEM.
    ALSO-GOOGLE SEARCH "FDCPA" AND READ THE FEDERAL COLLECTION LAWS. YOU CAN ALSO REACH ME AT: davizdata.blogspot.com/