Law Office of Ellen Mendelson, PC / Failure to refund a client

1 533 BELLA VISTASan Francisco, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 415-585-0815

The Law Office of Ellen Mendelson has taken advantage of a client. My friend went to the Law Office of Ellen Mendelson, PC to obtain representation. This firm is a joke. No work was ever done except an old raggedy draft that was a piece of junk filled with errors, erroneous statements, lies, misrepresentations and a complete embarrassment. The attorney Ellen Mendelson is a scam artist. She is rude, disrespectful and unprofessional to clients she takes all of her money upfront. She insisted our friend pay her a fee of $1, 750 for a 10 hour retainer at $175 per hour and she did nothing. She has a fee agreement that says NO REFUNDS. SHE IS PROUD OF HOW SHE STOLE OUR FRIEND'S MONEY, FAILED TO PRODUCE THE LETTER AGREED UPON IN THE CONTRACT AND HAS FAILE TO RETURN THE MONEY. SHE OWES OUR FRIEND $1750. SHE HAS NO EXPERTISE IN EMPLOYMENT MATTERS SEE HER WEBSITE ONLY WORKED ONE CASE?

DO NOT GO TO THIS LAW FIRM FOR EMPLOYMENT LAW REPRESENTATION. THE FIRM IS UNCONSCIONABLE!

BEWARE!!! STAY AWAY !!! BAD LAWYER!!!

Comments

1st of Jun, 2009

I am going through the same exact thing and I feel the same way against Ellen Mendelson. She lost my case due to her Poor Awful performance . I agreed she is a Scam artist and a big liar!! I would like to pursue legal malpractice actions against her if you still feel the same way and want this attorney to stop doing this to someone else feel free to contact me via email : Annrvalencia@hotmail.com

1st of Jun, 2009

I have never had a client named Ann Valencia. I have never lost a case for anyone named Ann Valencia. The client who sought a refund received more than the hours promised, collected her work, and then sought money back, after I had performed my duties. I have many, many satisfied clients. I am a member of the Bar Association of San Francisco's Labor and Employment Panel, and have been so since 1993. I am a top attorney on that panel and have received numerous accolades from client's there. I cannot guarantee outcome of cases, all I can do is advocate.

• Ay
      1st of Jun, 2009

My company has been a client of Law Office of Ellen Mendelson, PC since early in 2002.

Not only has Ms Mendelson been a strong advocate for our needs as a client, she has consistently been very specific in regards to the letter, and the spirit, of the law. I have never known her to bill incorrectly and would be shocked to learn that she could do so.

Considering the nature of, and the vitriol, terminology and "shouting" contained in his ranting complaint of 01.30.09, the value and applicability of Mr. Goldstein's complaint seems highly suspect. Further, why is Mr. Goldstein in charge of his "friend's" dealings with this law office? Has Mr. Goldstein, or his "friend", considered any other possible explanations for whatever issues are at hand? Is it possible that Mr. Goldstein, or his "friend" are acting as an irresponsible party?

Perhaps the casual reader should consider this situation in more detail; how can Mr. Goldstein possibly know what Ms Mendelson may or may not be "proud" of. Likewise, how can Mr. Goldstein possibly know to what level Ms Mendelson's "experience in employment matters" may be, without looking further than Ms Mendelson's web site? To my knowledge, Ms Mendelson's expertise is in regards specifically to those matters concerned with employment law. Although I have neither researched, nor discussed with her regarding, what her other skills may be, I find it highly unlikely that she considers herself a web manager.

To keep my comments in perspective, I must state that I am not an attorney and I am not in the legal field; I am the owner of a small business. I have nothing at stake, either personally or professionally, in the differences of opinion between Mr. Goldstein and Ms Mendelson. My comments here are in reaction to Mr. Goldstein's obviously excessive, and, from my experience and that of others, incorrect characterization of a respected, capable and businesslike member of the Bar.

• Ay
      1st of Jun, 2009

Please read my comments regarding the complaint attributable to Mr. Donald Goldstein; replace Mr. Goldstein's name with that of Ms Ann Valencia.

• Co

Hello,

If she was so rude, why did you sign a contract with her? If you didn't think the fee agreement was fair, why did you pay her? You can't just agree to a written contract and then when you don't get the results you like, say she's a scam artist. This a problem most people have. They jump in using emotion and try to jump out using emotion instead of using logic and reason in the first place. Think before you sign anything and stop bashing someone because the outcome wasn't in your favor.

• Mb
      1st of Jun, 2009

Ms. Mendelson has been my attorney for over 18 months on a very contentious employment related matter. She has gone beyond the call the of duty on my case, working extreme hours and fighting for me beyond what I have paid her. She is very professional - if she is stern or direct with me or the other side, it is for good reason. I don't understand the original complaint about "a friend" - where is the original client? My current experience with Ms. Mendelson is exemplary - I would have been lost without her. I trust that people will listen to feedback from actual clients and not "friends" of clients...

M. Browne

25th of Jul, 2011

This client was fired from her job for assaulting a coworker, we had a hearing before the EDD, and are still awaiting a decision. This writer clearly does not understand what "impeaching at witness" is, she believes that it means to show that the other party sees the facts differently. Further, we have not received the decision in this case.

• Sf
      25th of Jul, 2011

I personally witnessed Ellen Mendelson conduct a trial in the San Mateo Superior Court. Althought it was only a short trial, Ellen was exceptionally well prepared and thoroughly examined a police officer regarding the facts of a case. She clearly and calmly argued our position. She was well prepared for questions from the judge and did an exemplary job. Ellen is a great advocate and I would not hesitate to recommend her.

2nd of Sep, 2016

This attorney is unbelievably bad and I considered suing her for malpractice. She was to defend me in filing for disability retirement. Although I won, and this was thanks to the doctors who were treating me, I was actually fired. This resulted in my losing my health benefits for a few months. And I need my medication. She seemed to find this amusing. When I informed her I was fired, she actually smirked and said " they are just jerking with you". She was NO HELP Whatsoever. I did retain a law firm to represent me in suing her but ultimately decided against it. Lord protect us against lawyers such as her.

7th of Mar, 2017

I was hired to get the above client disability retirement which I got for her after representing her at a hearing before a hearing officer- our agreement mandated that she pay me an additional sum of money if I won the disability retirement. After I won and she got her disability retirement she refused to pay me. Ultimately, after obtaining the assistance of a collection agency, she paid me- I did not represent her for any other matter except for the disability retirement. My fee agreement specifically excludes representation for any other matter than that for which I was hired. This woman currently collects disability retirement because of my work. She would not get it without appearing at a hearing and meeting her burden of establishing disability. Doctors' reports alone wont do this. I am sorry I had her a client- live an learn-