Law Courts In India / Pending Civil cases for more than 10yrs

1 India Review updated:

Dear Sir(s),

I write with regret of functioning of the law courts in India. My family had been among the unfortunate to have a civil case because the verdict for closure of property cases are usually greater that 15-20 years. My grand mother had three children and she made a decree giving equal shares to all her three children. But because of greed, her eldest son refused to share the property and my mother file a case in Vellore Court . We have spent handsome money and valuable time for 15+ years and the end of this taunting time doesn’t seem near. I have lost my dad recently of a heart attack who spent most of his time pursing the lawyers and arranging for payments for deeds and other court fees etc. And I am very sure that this tiresome process has indeed contributed to his death.

I write this on the behalf of everyone who was unfortunate as us to go to the closed doors of law and wait for our plea to be answered. This property dispute has caused havoc in our family and has induced hatred and enmity within our extended family. If only this case was closed earlier it wouldn’t have caused so much pain. I wish that the lawyers don’t think of their own capital gains but think of the pain and misery it causes to the affected family.

I wish that the Supreme Court of India passes an order to close all the civil cases which are more the 5 years. I was happy when a now Ex. Chief Justice of India passed an order to close all civil cases that were more that 10 years but the lawyers went on strike and that order became history. Aren’t the citizens of India important? Don’t the lawyers work for the citizens. Isn’t it injustice to the citizens the order to close civil cases that were more than 10years old across India was revoked because of the strike by the Lawyers.

I wish justice is embedded within the justice system

P.S - I would not like to disclosure any information about the case file number due to the ongoing case.

Kind Regards
Mark

Ma

Comments

26th of Sep, 2008

Dear sir,

I agree with Mark that property laws are outdated and even supreme court had inherited the laws given by British India, So in all the Laws are not even powerfull as Justice delayed is justice not given.

Regrds

Sincerely
    Anupam

8th of Jan, 2011

all the pending cases should be cleared in 5 years.We have filed for partition since 15 years and it is going on and on.my father is a heart patient.

8th of Jan, 2011

we have filed for a partition suit for division of lands and our share in home land.it has become more than 15 years but have not got justice.we have spent more than 1 lac .my father is a heart patient.perhaps there is no god for lawyers who always ask for money.my sincere request to all the citizens of India that all of us should come forward and demand that all pending cases should be finalized in 3years.

• Br
      28th of May, 2012

Totally agree. Actually our justice giving system is causing injustice with poor people of India. The justice giving system is in real sense a silent killer of poor people of India. Poor people have nothing to do with difficulties of deficiency of Judges etc. They only want justice. But our justice giving system is looting, teasing, harassing and causing heart diseases to the poor people of India. The justice giving system is appears to have committing serious crimes and the people have lost faith over judiciary of the country.

26th of Nov, 2012

In my case I built a home for my distant relative and at the end of the job he declined to pay half of its cost. I given a suit against the party for 5 lakhs. They given a counter case for 5 Llakhs with false witness. I was in India for 2 years and I went to abroad for remitting my debts. After 6 years of long term they got a an order from court against me. I strongly believe that some money worked there. Any way now I lost the faith of judiciary.

• Hh
      18th of Aug, 2013

Hi all,
    Totally agree, in my cases second appeal is pending from 5 years overall 12 years now, problem in A.P high court is second appeal cases are not being posted no one has ans when they will start posting, since 3years m waiting for the cases to be listed, before that when it got listed other side excused himself by saying he was not well or it's festival time or I am not prepared today, when it came for final hearing,
    Finally when judge gave 6weeks final time, judge got retired, since then it's along wait for 6weeks to get over and justice, I hope some one understands the pain and money which is lost,

• Mi
      19th of Jul, 2015

Yes! I totally agree. In my view, the judicial system including civil lawsuits in India is one of the most corrupt and back-dated countries in this planet.
    I feel sad about the prolonged mental stress and financial stress Indians bear throughout the life. Moreover, I have learnt that the damn lawyers (majority) do not bother to issue a receipt for the cash payment nor accountable for anything. Unbelievable!!