L'Avenir / billing card without auth.

1 fairfield 07004, NJ, United States Review updated:

I ordered a sample, but received with thge sample a club membership for $49.63 a month. I have Emailed them several times and have made several phone with no reply. I thought I was being nice when I paid for the first payment by check. they cashed the check plus deducted the same amount from my bank account. So for the $5.95 dollar sample it has cost me $96.26. Now I find on my bank account a deduction for Blair registration that I never did order or register for. I'm not sure as to what to do to stop this, I only hope the people that is doing this is enjoying the food that they have taken away from me.

Comments

• Ca
      14th of Jul, 2009

The owner doesn't care, he's well aware of the scam, has a myriad of aliases to avoid all the people suing him, and a number of his products are said to be the same products recolored or repackaged.

It's a horrible way to capitalize on people who aren't web-savvy enough to catch or simply miss the fine, fine print.

Just tell everyone you know to avoid L'avenir and Dr. Acai companies like black death. They'll use any loophole to keep charging you.

• Re
      4th of Aug, 2009

These comments bear witness to the dishonest practices to this company who offer a sample of their product and then assume that a larger order is requested even though there has been no order made. I am presently advising my credit card Discover of this practice and have returned merchandise to L"Avenir immediately from my post office by refusing to accept any further products from them and requesting the post office to give me a receipt and return the product.

• Re
      4th of Aug, 2009

I found the comments regarding L'Avenir to be truthful in my own experience with this company and mistakenly hit the Disagree button. L'avenir's sales practices take advantage of their customers by refusing to acknowledge that the customer has not ordered their product after sampling it and continue to harass customers with unauthorized monthly charges on our credit card bills.

14th of Aug, 2009

First of all, Lavenir does not even have automated billing any longer. Secondly, no charge is usually a mistake---the terms and conditions are required to be READ and UNDERSTOOD by the consumer PRIOR to placing the order.

No where on the website is the word SAMPLE used. Nor is the term TRIAL SIZE.

Read before your order online just as you would read a lease agreement before buying a car.

17th of Aug, 2009

Betty, if you did post-mark your product back on time, you should call their cust. service number so they can put you in for a refund

• Pd
      21st of Sep, 2009

Yes, I agree that L'AVENIR is a scam. I did not see, nor was I aware, that after I received my 14 day "sample" that i would start being billed every month. I returned the used "sample" kit that they sent, which is what they request, when you do not want to re-order. In fact, I have returned everything to them and still can not get a credit off of my credit card. Also, just a note here, do not use PayPal, these people are idiots. Not only will they not help me dispute the charges but can not produce a current monthly statement for me. They also will not give me a current account number so I can check my own statements on line.

• Pd
      21st of Sep, 2009

Obviously the two posters ahead of mine are employees of this company.