Laurentel, Inc. / fraudulent billing

Phone: 1-800-627-1310

I receive my phone bills on line and decided to do some changes to our plan. When I pulled up our bill, I noticed, ON THE LAST PAGE AFTER ALL THE LEGAL INFORMATION, charges for $8.23 from this company. When I got AT&T on the phone, they told me I had been paying for this "3rd Party Voicemail" for 7 months. I called the company and said that I had never signed up for this service, that they were crooks and thieves, and that the charges were fraudulent. They said that they could only refund 5 months of charges. I am not sure if the company is Laurentel or OAN, Services; regardless, I am reporting them to the BBB.

Comments

17th of Apr, 2009

Laurentel is the company. OAN is a billing service which is used by a number of different schemes like this. It's frustrating to know that anyone can be billed and that no attempt is made to verify information when someone fills out an online form. In my case, they used a bogus e-mail address but no attempt was made to contact me to confirm the information before charges were billed to my phone bill.
    Good news is that my phone company rep says that he can fill out a form, blocking charges from OAN and Enhanced Services Billing (ESBI) among others in the future. And I've filed a complaint with my state attorney general's office, just to be on record with it.

• Ce
      19th of Jun, 2009
    Laurentel, Inc. - Unauthorized billing
    OAN Services, Inc.
    California

Unauthorized billing on my phone for services I did not request. I called to cancel, but am concerned that a company is able to do this so easily. Also concerned that my local phone provided has no authority to question this add-on billing to their customers.