Laura's House Restaurant and Bakery / Total rip off

What a place. My family and I sat down to eat on 4th of July Weekend and totally got ignores. After waiting 1 hour and being told numerous times by the owner that the food was coming right out, it never did and we gave up. What is really going on is that the restaurant is used to try to recruit investors as they are trying to go nationwide with the bakery. They have a big sign as soon as you enter about they have an opportunity for a large contract and are looking for investors. The owner spent all his time at the tables with the older people giving them free cake and really working who he assumes may have money to invest. It was almost very uncomfortable. I am 40 and really was made to feel unwanted here. Once we finally said enough and told him we were leaving he seemed not to care and just said there were backed up which was funny since the restaurant was only 50% full. I would not eat there and I suggest anyone considering investing in the business run as he is obviously a total rip off.

Va

Comments

• Ry
    Laura's House Restaurant and Bakery - Not a complaint
    Laura's House Restaurant and Bakery
    Chimney Rock
    North Carolina

This is not actually a complaint. I was looking online to leave a kudos to Laura's House and found this complaint. I really cannot understand where this man is coming from. It almost makes me think he's never actually eaten at this restaurant before. I have been going to Laura's House for over 4 years and have never once had poor service. The staff is always friendly, the food is always excellent. My wife ordered two of their red velvet cakes for my birthday and quite honestly, they are the best I have ever had. Almost everytime we've eaten there, the owners have personally stopped by the table and spoken with us. Never once have I ever been propositioned about investment in their bakery nor have I ever felt excluded because of my age.
    As I understand it, the restaurant recently lost some of it's staff members. This gentleman must have ate at the restaurant during it's understaffed period and felt neglected because he didn't get his fried chicken the moment he ordered it. Seriously, people like this need to take a moment before they set out to destroy a businesses reputation and think... "Gee, am I really this big of a an A&#hole?"

• Ry
      13th of Jul, 2008

Laura's House Resturant and Bakery Complaints - Not a complaint!
    Review all Laura's House Resturant and Bakery complaints
    Laura's House Resturant and Bakery
    Posted: 2008-07-13 by Ryan Rogalski [send email]
    Not a complaint!

Complaint Rating:
    Company information:
    Laura's House Resturant and Bakery
    Chimney Rock, North Carolina

As I understand it, the restaurant recently lost some of it's staff members. This gentleman must have ate at the restaurant during it's understaffed period and felt neglected because he didn't get his fried chicken the moment he ordered it. Seriously, people like this need to take a moment before they set out to destroy a businesses reputation and think..."Gee, am I really this big of a an A&#hole?"

• Li
      13th of Jul, 2008

Oh my gosh I know! I have never had a bad meal there! I was looking for their web site to get the phone number for a to-go order and came across this. I always go there anytime I'm in town. Your right Ryan, some people just have nothing better to do. Oh next time anyone goes there...save room for dessert its awesome! The staff at Laura's House are just as sweet as the cobbler on the menu and are sure not pushing stock in the company on the back of the napkins or anything. I was there last week too and we didnt notice a lack of servers or anything???

The only complaint I would possibly have about this local favorite is that I always eat beyond the point of comfort.

• Tr
      13th of Jul, 2008

I totally disagree. I come across Laura's House about a year ago. I live in Hendersonville and make a 50 mile round trip to Chimney Rock just to eat at Laura's House at least a few times a month. The food is amazing and the service is great. Laura's House gets 5 Stars from me.

Travis

14th of Jul, 2008

I agree totaly with Shabba This resturant is about the worst i have ever had, The owner is a complete waste of air. He should not be managing a resturant, I have had better service and food at Burger King. My ideal for them is to sell the place and have a better much more competent owner and management. The staff was great but the Owner was a total LOSER. Dosent know what he is doing. And from what i have heard from other people talking while i was there i am not alone. To say the least I will not be back and do not recommend this place to any one. Unless you like left overs and cold food. Then go right ahead.

• Sc
      15th of May, 2009

Our family has vacationed in the western NC area for over 29 years. I have eaten at Laura's House numerous times in rushes and slow times. I have experienced about a 15 minute wait when the place was full. I tend to understand the wait since all of my daughters have been or are currently servers. They tell me it is a mad house in the kitchen when rush hours are in effect. I have had nothing short of super service and always go back for the food. As for the owner--nothing but cordial and willing to meet anyone more than halfway if reasonable. Sounds like this guy was "I want it now" kind of guy.

I will go back and eat there every chance I get while in the area. It has become our favorite family place to eat.

• Gb
      9th of Nov, 2009

I can't comment about his situation, however when we make our annual vacation to Chimney Rock we always eat at Laura's House Restaurant. The service is just fine and the food is great. I second the comment about their cakes. We always get 4 cakes before making or return trip to Florida. We like the Gurley's hospitality and the great people that work for them. They are always pleasant and helpful.