Laura Ashley / long wait for delivery

Hessle, England, Humberside, United Kingdom Review updated:

Purchased a chair on Feb 1st 2012 - to be told after we paid the £455 that we would be waiting 72 days before delivery !
The assistant added that it would probably come well before this time.
I received a call in April to say it would be end of May - but it would probably arrive well before this date.
I have just rung customer service to be told it will arrive in June - but it would be probably arrive well before !
I think the waiting time is appalling and that they take the full amount from the customer instead of asking for a deposit.
I have never ordered furniture from Laura Ashley before - and I would certainly not order a second time.

Comments

• Ap
      17th of Jul, 2012

I completely agree, we have had exactly the same problem with our furniture order from Laura Ashley. Our order for the Bramley dining set was placed in April and advised it would arrive 06 July 2012 if not before. we're still waiting! Laura Ashley have lied to us on various ocassions about when our order will be delivered, one customer servcie assistant said that they're expreriencing massive problems with the Bramley supplier and that we are not the only customers affected by the delay!! I can not believe that a company like Laura Ashley treat their customers so badly, the people they have working for them (well the one's we have spoken to) do not care a damn that we're not happy, they don't care that we have paid £2000+ 3 months ago and are still waiting for our goods. The only problem is 4 weeks ago I placed another order (£2500+) for bedroom furniture...so I have a long road ahead with Laura Ashley I guess the fight will continure. One things for sure, I will NEVER purchase anything else from them, I will ensure I tell everyone I know not to purchase furniture from them too...

• Ro
      3rd of Sep, 2012

send email to the C.E.O of Laura Ashley Mr.Kwan Cheong Ng at KC.[protected]@lauraashley.com