Latestdownloads.net / User name & password given will not allow me access

1 New Zealand Review updated:

I signed up with latest downloads.net to gain access to their website for downloading programs etc. this transaction was completed onm the 16 April 2009 and received a receipt for the purchase, #166265090415200405347, as attached below. with that receipt i was asigned a user name and password, which in the end means diddly squat. as I am not recognised as a member with Latestdownloads.net . with that I am not able to gain accesss to their site.
As you are mentioned in the receipt as being the acceptor of the Credit Card payments, I am requesting from you to have the matter rectified, better still have latestdownloads.net make contact with me so that the matter can be sorted.

should that not be possible i would then request my funds to be returned.

My email address is jako@slingshot.co.nz below the receipt.

This is an automatic email. Please do not reply as this mailbox is not monitored.
Dear Jan Jako

Welcome to the worlds greatest file sharing software website on the internet and thank you for your purchase!

Please print out this page for your records.

To begin enjoying your membership, please go to http://www.latestdownloads.net/members.html

You will need to enter this information to access the members area:

Username: mpuv3y
Password: umvpy3x

Note: You will find your additional upgrade software in our member’s area under the 'bonus software' section.

Billing information

Order ID #: 166265090415200405347
Membership type:Lifetime Full & Unlimited Access for a total of 26.88 $ USD
Download Protection for a total of 15.48 $ USD
Pro Version for a total of 9.95 $ USD
NetSpyProtector Option - Protect yourself from malware for a total of 14.88 $ USD

Grand total: 67.19 $ USD

NOTE: This transaction will appear on your next credit card statement as SOFT-NET-DLD.COM

Sincerely,
Customer Support

My Regards
Jan Jako

Comments

• Wh
      12th of May, 2009

Well, if you had called in a week they would have refunded you.
    But sharing your account info is real smart, your account has been deactivated ###.

• Ri
      16th of May, 2009

I'm afraid that you are a victim of the scam like I and many others.
    There's more feedback under downloadaccess.net reviews.
    Wish we could prosecute them [censored]!

22nd of May, 2009

they sent me the same access .. the same username and password. AND - there are not any moves.. at all. They are tricksters. I'm trying to refund my money. Not sure how will it be.

• Ke
      28th of May, 2009

absolute scam. These guys really mess up searching for torrents as they've flooded the net with fake links

• Gr
      30th of May, 2009

Ahh well, looks like I fell into the same trap. It's less than a week, but I guess the chances of getting the promised refund are less than good. :-(

Anyone recommend any action I should take to either help get this thing closed down, or maybe get some money back?

Thanks
    Graham

• Qu
      1st of Jun, 2009

Yep I got stung by these w**kers too. I emailed them TWICE within the week & no reply!!! I didnt even want the Netspy protector but got charged for it anyway. I also think that the Whatever guy who commented above is part of the scam too - how about you just refund our money!!! Karma!!!

• Ai
      1st of Jun, 2009

call your credit card companies and tell them that you didn't authorize the payment for the products rendered. Credit card companies usually side with the card holder and since there is no record of something being downloaded, latestdownloads.com can't say that you got your product. It would do a charge back to latestdownloads and give that money to you.

• Se
      5th of Jun, 2009

Latestdownloads is a group of criminals who lure their victims with not available software. Latestdownloads promise to offer a satisfaction guarantee. But if you claim it, first they try to offer you another suspicious subscription. If you persist in your request to refund your money, they promise to refund it, but it remains forthcoming. If you send evil e-mail, they stop replying.

The only way to deal with this kind of fraud, is reporting the crime at the local police and to request your credit card office to turn back the payment, put a stop on your credit card (to prevent other abuse) and to start an examination of the fraud.

5th of Jul, 2009

This site and others like it (wixi) are scams. Even if you get the log in information and do log in, you will not find any files you want. The torrents they show out in public before you sign in are totally bogus and made up. They have nothing on the inside, as they are completely dependent on MEMBERS to upload content. Total lies.

• Ah
      7th of Jul, 2009

i wonder how they give the same uder name and password for all customers because i received the same user name and password sited above that means any body and without being a member and not paying anything could copy and paste the user name and password above and enter their membership area and and download the 360share pro which is the only thing they getting our money for. moreover all programs downloaded using this program are full of different torjans which are imediately deleted with nod ani-virus

• Ri
      21st of Sep, 2009

I had the same fake. I got the same user name and password and nothing happened but the download of the 360sharepro. I'm trying to get the charge in my credit card denied.

Rivaldo Oliveira

• Pe
      12th of Oct, 2009

Eu me inscrevi recentemente no latest downloads.net, esta transação foi concluída em 11 de outubro de 2009 e nenhum recibo de compra foi emitido e ainda o nome de usuário e senha não dão acesso, eu não sou reconhecido como um membro .
    Solicito ainda que latestdownloads.net [censored]edil;a contato comigo para que o assunto possa ser resolvido.

• Ip
      2nd of Nov, 2009

note that the url is registered with WhoisGuard which protects the privacy of the url owner (of course this type of protective service should never be allowed as it is simply a mechanism that protects wrongdoers and criminals) so you would have to go after the whoisguard service first to force them to disclose the real info. It is also interesting that the first poster (who is obviously part of the latestdownloads.net operation) is listed as being from Montreal - perhaps real, perhaps not but maybe a starting point in tracking these guys down.

• Br
      14th of Nov, 2009

Umm, did any of you happen to notice on the payment page that there is no SSL? I saw HTTP not HTTPS and ran the other direction after messaging them, asking why they are a bunch of ###ing liars.

25th of Nov, 2009

I was also the victim of these evil, horrible people but I managed to get all my money back!! Called my credit card company and requested a chargeback and told them I did not receive the services I paid for. They did an investigation and eventually I got all my money back. THIS IS WHAT WE ALL MUST DO! Then they will be forced to shut down as the credit card companies will no longer want to do business with them!

3rd of Dec, 2009

Check out - AND POST - on these sites so that more and more people read and find out about this evil company!!!

/link removed/

• Sc
      3rd of Dec, 2009

I'm going to trap these thieves and blindside them with their own greed. I'll post back here after I've found out the location of this scam site.

11th of Dec, 2009

Hi scam watchers, were you able to track anything down?

• Ra
      12th of Dec, 2009

If you are thinking of joining the “ latestdownloads “, please beware –This is what happen to me, The web site give me the impression that they have the e-books and articles I am looking for. I took the 7 day trial for $4.99. There is a default check box at the right hand corner in step 3, if you don’t remove it, it cost you another $10.88.(take your time, if you make a mistake, instead of correct the missing item, they make it such a way that you start all over again. It took me three times to register properly, by then I forgot to remove the check box), I end up of paying $15.87 and was charged by MP3-PAYMENT.COMest. Latestdownloads have no collection; it relies on the kind hearted user to upload the files to share with you. I have search many tittles on e-book and trade magazines articles, ( some of the past articles I found it for free in Google) all I got is a pop up message “NEED MORE RESOURCES”. .
    In Step 3 when you register, there is a “term and conditions” at the right hand side, you join the full membership by default unless you cancel it before the 7 day trial expired. When you complaint and want to cancel it, you will find yourself talking to the wall, and the response come from noreply@marketbill
    My recommendation is you are looking for e-books or articles, stay away from “Latedowloads”; it is a scam, they are wasting your money and time.

18th of Dec, 2009

I totally agree. I've been had in the past 2 weeks. I attempted to make a purchase from a genuine online company but somehow this new webpage appeared and asked for the usual details. I didn't realise that this was from the infamous MP3-Payment.com ala latestdownloads.com and inadvertently provided the details to them. I have watched out for deduction from my account and it appeared late yesterday - €27.29. I contacted my credit card company which does not appear to understand that this is a scam. They contacted the MP3-payment company and connected me to them. I put it to them that they were operating a scam and they didn't agree but stated that they realised what happened and if I want a refund they will make it minus an adminiatration charge of over $3.oo. I was of the understanding that this would be a conference call but the credit company person seemed to disappear, leaving me to do the work. I have agreed to the refund as a cut my losses measure but unfortunately it appears that the credit company is not interested in 'taking them out'.

LET THIS BE ANOTHER WARNING TO ONLINE BUYERS OUT THERE. BE VIGILANT!!!

martinjr