Late rooms / Laterooms scam

1 Leeds, England, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom Review updated:

My partner booked us a 4 day stay at Hyde Park Suites in London through late rooms. When he made the booking he realised later that day that the full payment for the hotel had already been taken out of his account even though he had booked it a month in advance. Late rooms are saying it is because it is a promotional offer that they have to take payment up front. Having already booked the room we later heard from friends that the place we were staying has had really bad reviews which has been backed up by reviews posted on the Internet (trip advisor). It seems very unfair that the money is taken up front (a month in advance) and therefore when you turn up at the hotel and if you did want to complain about the room there would be nothing you could do as they have already taken payment for it.
Please be very wary if booking anything through late rooms. We decided not to stay at the apartments and we lost £275 because they were not willing to offer us anything back. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Comments

• Le
      7th of Jun, 2010

I have used laterooms many times - no complaints to date. I find it incredible that you did not notice that it was a special offer payable in advance - with no refund available. Did you actually try the accomodation before you cancelled and lost your money.

I have commented on laterooms many times that I must be the only person who has stayed in a particular establishment who does not live in a penthouse/castle/in absolutely immaculate condition with my own valet/butler/chef/cleaner etc and staff who iron my toilet paper.

I rest my case!