Latam Airlines (formerly LAN Airlines) — cancellation of all tickets post no show
Reservation ID: QG7V1U (Tickets purchased through Flight Centre Elwood, Melbourne)
Due to illness I and my husband were unable to catch our flight to Lima and the connecting flight to Cusco on Saturday the 12th November Flight 2047. We thought we could pay for the missed flights to Lima and Cusco and resume our journey with your airline.
However when we contacted your sales desk at Buenos Aires airport and our travel agency emergency hotline they both informed us that not only LATAM would not help us continue our journey, LATAM had also cancelled all our remaining flights. We were told we would have to purchase new tickets not only to Lima/ Cusco but the return journey from Cusco/ Lima/ and Lima/ Buenos Aires, as well as the tickets from Santiago to Melbourne as they were all on the same ticket.
And then because you refused to reinstate our flights/ tickets we asked the price to repurchase the tickets to Lima/ Cusco/ Cusco/ Lima/ Buenos Aires and Buenos Aires back to Melbourne the amount you quoted was many times more than our original ticket.
So not only did you refuse to let us resume the flights for which we had paid, you also wanted to take advantage and charge us many more times over for seats that we had originally paid for.
Our travel agent said he would try and communicate with you to show compassion and not cancel our whole journey. He was unsuccessful and we had to buy new tickets.
We are used to dealing with airlines that are helpful and who care about their customer service. We did not experience care or service or help from your airline, and to add to this your airline were opportunistic in wanting to make profit on top of the original ticket purchase that you cancelled.
We would like a refund for the tickets and flights that were cancelled.
Our email address is [protected]@bigpond.net.au
Please acknowledge receipt of this complaint.
More Latam Airlines (formerly LAN Airlines) Complaints & Reviews
- LMS Panamá S.A. (Operates LAN airlines Chile in-flight duty free service) - emails ignored regarding faulty product 
- TAM Airlines - star alliance fidelity program
- Latam Airlines (formerly LAN Airlines) - lost luggage, compensation & full complaint report
- TAM Airlines - terrible customer service 
- Lan Airlines - a complaint letter of airline service
- Latam Airlines JJ8186 - senior lady with limited mobility left alone after arrival latam orlando, fl
- LATAM Airlines / LAN Airlines - refund of travel voucher
- LATAM Airlines / LAN Airlines - delayed flight 
- Lan Airlines - poor service
- LATAM Airlines / LAN Airlines - change of schedule