Lastmant Bad Boy / Terrible service!

Barrie, Ontario, Canada Review updated:
Phone: 705-722-7132
My husband and I decided to buy new furniture for our living room. We walked into the bad boy in Barrie on March 1st, chose our furniture without sales help, and proceeded to buy it from a sales rep names Tom. We were told that this piece of furniture was on back-order but would be in the store at the end of march. We then put a $1000.00 deposit down on this $1800 set and was promised a delivery date of April 4th 2008.

April 2nd my wife called the store to confirm a delivery time only to tell us that they do not know where the furniture is and it would not be delivered. My wife then spoke to the manager Gerry and was promised some more information. She never got any.

April 7th, Gerry promised a phone call to my wife by 6pmwith a confirmed delivery date. He did not phone. We proceeded to call every day and speak with Gerry, but getting only responses like "we dont know, we'll get back to you; we will call you as soon as we know something; theres nothing we can tell you" etc. We have not yet received any phone call.

Today is April 8th, our couches were ordered over a month ago and they do not know where the furniture is located, or if it has even left China. We are told that we "might" be able to have our furniture in 2-3 weeks.

Our old furniture was picked up on April 3rd and we have been without furniture since. My wife runs a daycare and has to have small kids, including our own 2 year old, watch cartoons on wooden-back kitchen chairs. Our easter family gatherings usually take place the first weekend of April. We had no furniture for our family. This whole process has been unreasonable and embarrassing.

I would NEVER EVER EVER suggest shopping at bad boy furniture. Pay the extra buck and go somewhere with friendly, reliable and efficient customer service.

Comments

Ro
  7th of Nov, 2008
I know exactly what frustration has been experienced with this store. I also purchased a sofa and love seat from them. Both
units have lazy boys on either end. The materials are coming apart and are buckled as well, the love seat frame is bent so that one set of feet are off the floor when sitting on the other end. Set was delivered Sept. 27/08. I emailed them plus the manufacturer on Oct. 21/08, again on 3 more occasions, plus one to the Bad Boy main office. Finally received a phone call from them on Nov. 5/08 with advise that A service person would attend that day. It is now Nov.7/08 and no one has showed. Some service reputation not to be bragged about.

Lastman's Bad Boy Superstore Logo Lastman's Bad Boy Superstore