Laser and Dermatology Institue of CA / LDI is a Ripoff

1 Irvine, CA, United States Review updated:

I just got back from a free consultation at the Irvine office of the Laser and Dermatology Institute of CA. THEY ARE A RIPOFF!! I had a consultation with my regular dermatologist, which is a high end cosmetic practice in Orange County, to have some redness and discoloration removed by laser around my cheeks and nose. They said that could be removed in 2-4 sessions using 2 different lasers at $200.00 a session, so the max I would pay is $800.00.

At my consultation at LDI, a gentleman came in, barely looked at my skin and told me I would need 3-6 sessions at $3500.00 a session, but if i started today and and bought a package they would give me a deal of $8000.00. When I told the gentlemen (his name was Jet) that my dermatologist would do the same thing for a fraction of the price, he stood up and rudely said ok and walked out and slammed the door behind him. RIPOFF. LDI does major radio advertisements but I advise anyone who goes to the consultation to get a 2nd opinion. I bed you will pay a fraction with another DR.

Comments

• Su
      4th of Jun, 2009

Oh My God! I can't believe some of these people. Dr. Rispler is such a kindhearted and such a great Derm. Why would you say that? I had a completely opposite experience from Dr. Rispler. He cured my acne and a scar on my chin. I am so thankful for him and his office. I don't believe anything about this complaint. Looks like the complaint comes from a person that works for a competiting Doc.

• Ju
      17th of Jun, 2009

I don't agree with you. You sound like you are working for another doctor and is writing these kind of things. You are telling people to find your doctor (a high end cosmetic practice in Orange County). I smell a fraud a fake complaint. I had a different experience. The doctor and a nurse came in to talk to me at my consultation. I read about the lasers and really wanted laser treatment. I had friends tell me also that laser works really good and the acne does not come back. I had the doctor treat my acne with lasers and medication. He also did my acne scars. What I paid for was to treat all my acne and my acne scars and it was cheaper than what you are saying. I liked the deal because another doctor didn't even have lasers. My face is clear and clean. I really really liked the treatments from laserhq and I know I got the best treatment. Why are you complaining even you didn't get treatment here? People are funny. I bet you didn't get good results or like you want.

17th of Jun, 2009

I completely agree with your post regarding the unprofessional conduct at LDI. My experience was similar. Isn't it odd that people that were happy with LDI feel the need to defend them on the COMPLAINT BOARD? very suspicious.

• Ca
      18th of Jul, 2009

I have to completely disagree with the negative comments. I was an actual patient and this practice is the most honest and hard working medical office that I have ever seen. I had great results from my treatments and they never gave me something I didn't need. You have to ask yourself CAN A BUSINESS STAY IN BUSINESS FOR OVER 30 YEARS IF IT DID NOT HELP PEOPLE. So I just see a bunch of angry people here that just didn't want to pay the money. I was mad too about the cost, but I am so thankful and greatful because no matter what, I look beautiful and I wouldn't trade all the time that I got to go out and have fun meeting people in the past year for nothing. That was nothing like my experience at LDI. Maybe you guys went on a busy day. Of course they would be busy because they are good.

3rd of Sep, 2009

This place SUCKS!!! Did not remove my scar or acne at all.
    Better off going to a local dermatology or buy over the counter products.
    I spent well over $6, 000 and still has payment left.
    The doctos don't know what they're doing and spends less than 3 minutes to care their patients. The staff is nice but overall, the result is not there.
    NEVER RECOMMEND THIS PLACE!!!

• Fu
      17th of Jan, 2010

I totally agreed with the complaint. I had laser treatment at the Irvine office about 1 year ago, and my acne has worse since then. I pay about $6, 500 for nothing. Dr. Rispler never treated, always his assistants. When I went in for the consultation, this guy came in and also barely looked at my skin. Instead, he was more focus on me buying the expensive laser package. I regret ever day doing this, but I was desperate to have a clear face. Is there way we can file a lawsuit or something? Any suggestion.

• Me
      31st of Jan, 2010

I totally agree with the RIPOFF comments. This is my worse ever free consultation visit. First, when you arrive in the clinic at Wilshire location they take you in the small room and see (AKA Consultant) by the way, his not a doctor or license dermatologist, his a salesman, model, a guy that wear make up to have a nice looking facial. His going to look at you face no matter what is your concern and he strike you with sales strategy start with $8000 to $5000 and some B??? S???? package. The way he explained the business its been 30 years but the advance lazer was not improved or started recently in the market. You figure that out, even EYE laser surgery has not been over 10 years yet. I don't think 30 years ago dermaologist are using laser.

Pay attension public...if you decided to walked away, watched how the pissed off saleman slam a door on you.lol...I guess he doesn't like waisting his time losing his commission. Also their is a $1000 administration fee, guess what? That might be his cut.

Good luck. Recommend talked to previous patient not an actor or model.

• Ba
      20th of Feb, 2010

i totally agree with the complaint. i think the comments defening the place is fake. i booked an appointment for a consultation. I'm suffering from acne, but not too severe since I take care of my skin. I'm very educated in acne. Anyways, the consulation was with a salesman. Not a doctor. Not even a nurse. Who tells you that the treatment will end up costing $30, 000. And they offer finacing. He says your face will look like the skin on your forearms. I had had no scientific references in consultation. A primary care doctor will tell you more about the acne than the salesman. The place is clearly a ripoff. You'll get a bunch of lasers done on your face. It may even worsen your skin as the doctor just spends his time doing lasers, and not seeing patients before or after the treatment.

They will make you feel like you have horrible skin, and your life will be horrible if you don't spend the 30K to get perfect skin for a perfect life.

• Me
      10th of Jun, 2010

I agree with the complaints because some of the things mentioned did in fact happen in my experience at the Covina office:

1. They had me sit in a room.
    2. Doctor came in (now I wonder if he was a real doctor).
    3. Doctor asked me what my concern was and I told him I want the acne removed off of my face.
    4. Doctor looked at my face for about 5 to 10 seconds, grabbed my right hand and pointed to the skin between my thumb and pointing finger, and then told me that the skin on my face will look similar it after the treatment.
    5. I was expecting a more convincing explanation about the process, what it does, effectiveness, etc. so I asked about them but he only guaranteed to me that it works.
    6. I asked him how much and he explained the number of sessions and after treatments and that it will all cost me around $4, 500.
    7. There wasn't any door slammng but certainly there was rudeness from the doctor. He wasn't very attentive to my concerns and it felt more like he was just trying to make a sale and get out of the room.
    8. Result---I did not avail of it, and I'm glad I didn't. They have to do more than that to earn my $4, 500.