Lasalle Pool & Spa / very non exsistant service

1 LaSalle, Ontario, Canada Review updated:
Phone: 519-978-9900

I purchsed s new pool liner in 2007and when they came to put in the liner they tor up the liner broke one of the caps and told me that it was covered in the warenty and that they would return with a new cap .I am still waiting for the cap that they tor off. With this I had to pay 900.00. In 2008 their was a hole in my pool and when I called them they told me that this was not covered in thewarenty and that they would charge me 150.00 to repair it. My son fixed it for 8.00.Now in 2009 I have another hole at the top of the pool and I have been calling them for the last two months with no availe. They keep telling me that they will call me back but no one calls .The one time they told me someone was going to come out and look at the pool but no one arrived this is a month ago.When I purchased the pool from Bluewater pools I had no problem untillafter 10yrs the liner went. I cannot close my pool because everytime I fill up the pool it where the hole is it leaks out all of the water.Icannot clean my pool because every time it leaks water.I am very frustrated as a customer because in there add they say how they care for there customers. I sthis the care they show there customers?.What is my recourse inthis situation I called the manager this morning Sept.8 2009 and one time they told me he was going to be at 10.30 and when I called at 10.30 they told me he would be in at 11.00. I called at11.00 and they told me firs the was not in and then told me he was busy with a customer I am still waiting for a response. Can you please help me Anna Savo at annasavo34@hotmail .com thank you.

Comments

• La
      1st of Feb, 2010

this liner was installed in 2007 no problems with the liner or the installation for the
    entire summer. customer called in the summer of 2008 to say they had a leak in the pool.
    we had our leak detection team out to the house and they told us that there were many
    leakes in the liner from someone vaccuming the pool with a sharp edge vaccum pole.
    this was not a mgf default nor the installers. customer did not want to pay to have
    repaired, they insisted that we fix for free. witch we did not.
    thanks dan
    LaSalle Pool & Spa Centre

• Bo
      15th of Mar, 2011

Currently this company has 3 complaints at the Better Business Bureau against them.

10th of Jun, 2011

We ordered drop-in stairs for our above ground pool (a relatively large ticket item comparative to most pool store stock), and the owner Dan promised to deliver the steps within 7 days after taking a 100% deposit.

7days came and went. No phone call; and when we took it upon ourselves to follow up there were no stairs either. We were told they had no idea why we thought they would have them in within 7days as "they did not provide deadlines for orders". Ironically they then promised to have them delivered to us within 1 additional week of that point as they were "on back order".

An additional week came and went. No phone call; and when we took it upon ourselves to follow up there were no stairs still. We were then "guaranteed" to have these steps delivered to us within another 7 days.

Another 7 days came and went. No phone call; and when we took it upon ourselves to follow up there were not stairs still. I personally paid a visit to their store but missed Dan and asked that he check in with the supplier and provide me a hard date on when we could expect these steps the following day.

The following day came and went. No call from Dan. When we paid a visit to their store we immediately asked the clerk for a refund as Dan was on the phone in his office. The clerk had to have Dan sign off on the transaction, and when he subsequently exited his office (directly adjascent to the cash register) he did not apologize, accept resposibility or even acknowledge us in any way shape or form - he in fact avoided us completely.

I understand that things get stuck on back order, however an owner that cares about their customers apologizes and attempts to remedy the situation. Dan failed to do this once during this entire process and very often took the attitude "not my problem". To me this shows a complete disregard for customer service and it is my opinion that this business does not deserve my, nor your hard earned money. Try Woody's Pools & Spas - its just down the road, they do not have as large/fancy of a store, but they are great to deal with and he is a genuinely nice and hard working guy.

12th of Jun, 2011

CONSUMER ALERT!!!
    There are currently 5 parties that have law suits against this store. They have been been taken to court by several other parties in the past. Check back orders of Windsor Directory for details.

• La
      23rd of Jun, 2011

this is not true we are not being sued buy anyone

• Fe
      24th of Jun, 2011

THEY ARE LIARS, CHEATS AND SCAM ARTISTS. THE POOREST OF THE POOR CUSTOMER RELATIONS. NO PERSON SHOULD EVER DO BUSINESS WITH THESE RUDE, ARROGANT PEOPLE. YOU CAN ADD ME TO THE LIST OF COMPLAINTS TO THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU AND I WILL ALSO BE LETTING THE GOVERNMENT KNOW YOU ARE DOING BUSINESS WITHOUT GIVING RECEIPTS. DON'T KNOW HOW THEY HAVE STAYED IN BUSINESS THIS LONG. I've read MattML's complaint and I will be doing business with WOODY'S as well and will be directing people I know with their pool and spa needs to WOODY'S as well. TWO THUMBS DOWN!!!

• Un
      26th of Jun, 2011

Lasalle Pool & spa has terrible service, They've ripped off serval people I know, Along with mysel[censored] My suggestion is not to go to Lasalle pool & pa!!!

• Op
      26th of Jun, 2011

This is just another poorly put together buisness whislt the owner does not care about anything other then the paycheck in his hand. Aside from installing poolside equipment poorly and arrogantly these people will in-fact cause you some sort of problem somewhere down the line. Their customer service is absolutely repulsive and as people as well. They tend to do a poor job and cause various problems for you...But hey? It doesn't matter once there's a check in his hand at the expense of someone else's hard work. If you even think of calling and or doing buisness with this place don't spend your hardworking money on someone who just want's it at any expense. Spend it On a company with good people, Good service, and Good will as these are the buisnesses that thrive. Don't waste your time with this arrogance you pay money to achieve something you want done CORRECTLY. So, Go somewhere else and you will all in all be happier with any product you purchase as long as it's not from this repulsive excuse for a buisness.

• Fe

Dear unsatisfied and Opeth:
    Could not have said it better myself. Let's get the word out to the hard working public and let them know how truly inexperienced theses people really are!!!

• Ly
      7th of Jul, 2011

We saw an add for this busines in a local magazine and were contemplating doing business with them. But after further investigation and internet searches (this company has many UNRESOLVED complaints with the BBB) we've decided to not go through with it and will be going to splendor pools instead. We've had several conversations with locals in and around town and at the coffee shop and were told not to waste our money. We hear they DO NOT back up there product, warranties or their own work and are not experienced enough with certain business practices to run a successful business. How do businesses like therse stay around? You can only rip people off for so long before it comes back to bite you.

• Tl
      2nd of Aug, 2011

I have dealt with LaSalle Pool and Spa for the last couple of years and have had excellent service. Their staff is very attentive and knowledgeable.
    I believe the complaints posted on this site and the BBB are made by a group of people known to each other to try and discredit this company for malicious reasons.

• Fi
      4th of Aug, 2011

T. Loreo..Failure to honor commitments to BBB.A business' BBB grade is lowered if: Business does not honor its commitments to BBB, including commitments to abide by mediation settlement or arbitration award. BBB revoked the business' BBB accreditation due to business' failure to comply with its commitment to follow BBB accreditation standards. BBB does not have a clear understanding of the business and its practices. This includes situations where BBB has conflicting information about the business and the business is not able to resolve the conflict to BBB's satisfaction. Better Business Bureau only responds to authentic case claims that involve identified individuals with specific details outlining the complaint. The FACT that Lasalle Pool & Spa has NOT made any attempt to remediate or respond to the various claims made by honest, hard working citizens speaks loudly. Any company worth it's salt would be more than interested in defending it's professional reputation within the community. Anyone who has not heard complaints about Lasalle Pool & Spa must not venture out much.

• Li
      5th of Aug, 2011

hi finiovar
    we are not a member of the BBB however we are a member of the L.B.A LaSalle Business association.
    please feel free to contact them at ddell@mnsi.net
    we deal with thousands of customers each season, we know how difficult it is to make every single customer
    100% happy. we do our very best. when we do get a complaint we do are very best to deal with the complaint
    and resolve. We are very blessed to have a very high volume of satisfied customers. Unfortunately circumstances that are not in our control have cost some customers to be unhappy with the service. if you are a unsatisfied customer of ours please call or stop in and visit us, so that we may have the opportunity
    to put YOU on our HAPPY LIST
    many thanks
    LaSalle Pool & Spa Centre

• Ce
      24th of Apr, 2012

Funny thing is that you have switched names for your business 3 times in less than 4 years. Yet, you are still at the same location with the exact same phone number.
    You switch ownership from husband to wife to confuse the tax man. You have just declared bankruptcy once AGAIN after running up your usual huge bill with honest service and product providers whom you never have any intention of paying. You are both nothing but thieves with a clear agenda to steal and con people out of their money whatever way you can.
    You are a disgrace both to the industry and to society.
    There is no one on your happy list. Those that think that they are there now, will soon come to realize that they are just pawns and the fact that they are still happy indicates that you have not screwed them.

• Ro
      24th of Apr, 2012

For the sake of public disclosure, your NEW name is now L A Pool Inc. (another numbered business that you will be able to claim bankruptsy again in a few years time)

• Ri
      1st of Jun, 2012

I have done business with Yee Haus pools better known as yee haw because they take you for a ride. I have nothing but disrespect for this compnay and th owner Brad Haus. He pretends to be something he is not and my husband and i are not very happy with his service. We have moved to Windsor and now deal with Pools by Angelo and the difference in the way we are treated is amazing. Please think twice about your choice of companys.

• Hu
      12th of Jun, 2012

I wish I saw these complaints before I gave LA pools 100% deposit for my pool, heater and other items that still remain undelivered as of June 12 2012. We paid for them in Nov 2011! I have a complaint into BBB and maybe filing for small claims court. What a terrible start to our summer! Thanks alot Dan.

• To
      16th of Sep, 2012

I purchased a solar panel for my pool from these clowns two years ago. Nothing but problems staff and both owners not people who should be running a pool store. The solar panel i bought had cracks and holes that i discovered after installation. They did not want to put me on the Happy List told me I must of did it durning installation. Come to find solar panels were defective and other stores stopped selling them the year previous. Company that made them also went out of business. Thanks for screwing me Dan...
    O ya tell your wife bromine and chlorine don t mix well she tried to tell a customer one day I was in there that it was OK

• Ev
      21st of Sep, 2012

Town DR: I strongly encourage you to report your experience with the Boows to the Lasalle Police. Yours would be added to the numerous that currently on file there. Also, please for the sake of your fellow man report them to the BBB so that others do not continue to be exploited by this "store". They previously had an F- rating at the BBB, but changing their store name (for the third time) wiped that right out. They currently have 6 complaints against them (and dozens unreported). This company used to be called Lasalle Pool and Spa. Now they call themselves L A Pool and Spa. Same location, same phone number, same scam. Others in our community will continue to be unknowingly ripped off by this couple who runs this store. It is against the law what they do, but if no one reports to the proper authorities it will continue to happen and it has gone on for far too long already. Just think, wouldn't you like to have been warned by someone?

9th of Nov, 2013

We ordered a mesh winter pool cover in August for Dan Boow the owner of LA Pools on Front Road in LaSalle.. We agreed to a $1, 600.00 down payment. We gave our charge card information to Dan Boow over the phone and did not find out until the following month that he charged us $2, 790.00, the full amount of the cover. He has never given us a receipt, always having some excuse as to why it was not ready. The cover should have been delivered and installed the first week of September, 2013. We visit the store often during the posted operating times, the store is always closed. We spoke in October and he promised that cover would be delivered at the end of the week. We have not heard from Dan Boow again. We have filed a complaint with the BBB and filed a police report with the LaSalle Police Department. We have also contacted the charge card company and they have started an investigation. I wish I would have read these reviews before we did business with this man.