las vegas event venues.com / Vacation Property Rental Scam

1 6233 katella avenueLas Vegas, NV, United States Review updated:
Phone: 702-689-0011

Krista Friedman dba Las Vegas Event Venues.Com posted her vacation property on "VRBO" (vacation rental by owners). Rental agreement & deposit of $2820 was signed/sent to her mid May 09. Last week I receive a letter that the company has filed for bankruptcy. Ive lost my deposit and now have no place to stay.

While searching for another vacation property, Ive discovered that this lady & her "so called" business was some sort of scam.

So lesson learned ~ economy sucks/people suck/"register" your trip before sending any money out!!!

Comments

• Sh
      14th of Jul, 2009

I also lost my deposit with Krista Friedman. She claims she is filing bankruptcy but continues to wok with clients in getting other properties rented out. Beware of renting from her.
    Sheila

• Co
      29th of Jul, 2009

REBUTTAL! I have been railroaded. There are alot of ### people in this town. I was victimized, just like the rest of you. I understand your anger, but I was under NO CIRCUMSTANCES a SCAMMER! I am innocent of stealing peoples money. That would be Ken Bush of ELG, LLC. that steals money.

• Av
      3rd of Aug, 2009

Rebuttal?!?! Why not answer emails sent to you. Ken has not been afraid to pick up his phone. You are hiding behind an email and handle name coolvegaschic. Where is the letter from the bankruptcy courts it has been over a month?? The truth is you were not granted bankruptcy protection. You just hoped the letter would buy you some time.

• Av
      3rd of Aug, 2009

one more question why is your name still attached to property you said you do not have access too? Shouldn't a non-scammer pull those ads so that other people don't contact them. Oh wait you will keep taking peoples money and blame it on Ken "Someone"

• Vi
      7th of Aug, 2009

Beware, she also steals credit card information. (Yes, we know it was you! You will be charged) My husband was just notified that he was a victim of credit card fraud. Funny thing is, this card hasn't been used in any other transactions, only with Krista to secure a vacation rental. Hmm, I guess desperate times call for desperate measures. If several individuals are complaining about a particular individual, one might want to think twice before conducting business with that particular individual, "Krista Friendman". Don't believe her bull, she's quick to play the victim role, and place blame.

• Kr
      22nd of Aug, 2009

Krista, you will have to give everyone back their monies. I am certain your cat isn't dying, your boyfriend didn't run out on you and take your assets...no one feels sorry for you; you obviously might want to retype some of your standard email/letter responses for we all have obviously succombed to your nonesense

• Sh
      28th of Aug, 2009

Please contact me if you are interested in combining sums owed to us - we may be able to move the case into a Federal Court and also pursue criminal actions - as this constitutes internet fraud.
    Shiela Rad
    SheilaRad1@Yahoo.com

• Pl
      24th of Jul, 2011

Wow, I never knew any of this. Here it is 2011 & I got the same sobb ### story regarding my deposit refund. She has or has a partner name Shaw Wen, who I guess is a realitor & puts the blame on his. She changed her name to Kris Greven & is playing the same scam. I am extremely pissed off. I'm angry with VRBO & HOMEAWAY for continuing to allow this woman to conduct business like this.