Las Vegas Bargain Hunters / Ripped me off

1 1200 South Rainbow Blvd.Las Vegas, NV, United States Review updated:
Phone: 702-233-6060

On October 16 Las Vegas bargain hunters picked up all the furniture I had in a condo I was losing to foreclosure. They are supposed to be a consignment store where I would split the money received for them selling my condo's contents. They gave me a hand written list of the inventory that day and promised they would send me by email the inventory list again once all the items had been added to the computer. No such list has ever come and after repeated phone calls to them it is obvious now that they never had any intention of sending me a list or paying me for the items of mine that have been sold in their "consignment store". Every phone call is met with a pompous attitude and an excuse as to why I haven't received anything... "Who are you again?" "The lady that handles that is out sick today" I'll have the woman that handles get back to you" "Oh I found your paper work and will call you back in 45 minutes", etc. etc. etc.

Bargain Hunters seems to be a company that has found a legal way to steal from people that have had the misfortune of losing property in these difficult economic times. Perhaps the local clients that lost everything have a different story because they can stand in front of the store and cause a scene if they don't perform but if you live out of town forget it.

If you live out of state and are trying to find a way to deal with closing down a house or condo do not use Bargain Hunters. They are thieves in the opinion of this former Las Vegas condo owners. It has now been 5 months and I have received nothing from them of the $5, 000 worth of furniture they estimated my stuff was worth which originally cost me over $21, 000.

Comments

• Lv
      8th of Sep, 2010

The same thing has happened to my husband, and I, only we are local. It has been since Dec. 2009 since they have picked up furniture from our home and we still have not heard from them after multiple e-mails, calls, and walk In’s. Now I am sending them a certified letter, and after that I am getting an attorney! It is not even about the furniture, it is about the principal, because they are unprofessional. They should not be in business because they treat their clients in this manner. All of you who share similar experience need to ban together and stand up for yourselves and not let this corrupt, greedy, lying and stealing company get away with it and take advantage of you! They need to be taught a lesson. That is that, by stealing from people they will no longer get rich! You can all contact Channel 13 Investigate, and then they will really be sorry! Thank you for sharing and posting your negative experience!

1st of Nov, 2010

THEY DID THE SAME THING TO ME. DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON AN ATTORNEY YET. I HAVE CALLS INTO CITY HALL.

2nd of Nov, 2010

It is too late. Nothing can be done now, I am sure. I have received a letter from their attorney, they have declared bankruptcy.

4th of Nov, 2010

Today, I spoke with Cindy the owner of the building where Bargain Hunters had the store, and she said that on the door there is a paper with a number we must call!!! We will have to go to the Court House I believe and see if we still have items there that we can pick up! I Sorry I do not have the phone number to list! Hope this helps everyone who has been screwed over by Neil Law!