Larisa Solomon / AKC poodle breeder -Troy Ohio

1 Troy OH, United States Review updated:

We purchased an 5 month old puppy from Larisa Solomon in Troy OH on 12/29/16. We took our puppy to be vet checked on 12/31/16 just 2 days after purchase. He was behind on his vaccines, infested with fleas, tapeworms, and substantially underweight. We paid 800.00 for a puppy whom we thought was coming from a reputable AKC breeder. I spoke with Larisa on the phone and via text message several times before making the 3 1/2 hr drive. Upon arriving at her house we found dirty substandard living conditions for the dogs inside the home. There was a strong odor of urine, feces on the floor and several dogs of varying ages ( at least 10 dogs in the home) There were 3 puppies from the litter my dog came from, a litter of 8 week old puppies and a pregnant female that we know of. I have had 2 vet visits as of now for worming, vaccines and flea control. We still have 3 more vet visits scheduled to catch him up on all vaccinations and to recheck a wheeze the vet detected on his first exam. When I contacted Larisa to notify her of our puppies condition, her only response was to return the dog for a refund. At that point we had already incurred a substantial vet bill and under no circumstances would we return him to those horrendous conditions. Please be aware and cautious of this woman as she is not providing proper general care and preventative care for her dogs. I must also add that according to the records she gave us upon possession our puppy had only been vet checked once by her vet at 3 days old and she states she does all her own vaccines and worming. The records are questionable at best.

• Updated by , Jan 08, 2017

These are not my feelings, they are the facts. Our puppy had only 1 vet check at 3 days old, was in need of rabies vaccine, leptosporosis, and booster shot. This was all determined based on the records/ registration packet Ms Solomon GAVE us! As for the deworming, the Panacur she was " giving" was improperly administered as the manufacturer instructions clearly state give 3 days consecutively. According to her OWN records this was only done correctly twice- at 2 weeks and 4 weeks. It's no wonder our poor puppy was infested with tapeworms which by the way is caused from FLEAS which he was also infested with. I have all supporting vet documentation to prove every one of my statements. As for horrendous conditions- the house was dirty, smelled of urine and I watched as 2 of the adult dogs urinated on the rug we were standing on. If you have nothing better to do than question my vets expertise, check them out- Animal Clinic Northview- they have an impeccable reputation. We initially wanted a rescue dog and now feel inevitably we did. We love him and are happy we can provide the proper care he deserves.

Jan 04, 2017

More Larisa Solomon Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• De
      Jan 08, 2017

I feel as though your feelings are completely irrational! My husband and I bought a 2 month old puppy several months ago and she was perfectly fine, in healthy condition and very happy in the home where Ms. Solomon brought her up. The puppy was great on shots, and did have a record of vet visits. We are definitely happy with the buy and completely disagree with your review. We do still send frequent updates to Larisa on our new addition. There were other dogs but they were all very content and loved on immensely. "Horrendous conditions" is a statement that is false- maybe you should find a new vet who does checks correctly. We were also given a packet in which we signed to register him and that has documentation of the immunizations and check ups with doctor.
    We are very satisfied costumers and think maybe you should act like a grown adult in a situation. The puppy we have is a great addition to our family of 5.

• Ar
      Jan 11, 2017

I currently own 2 dogs from Larisas liter. Kaban is 7 years old and is very healthy, smart and taken care of. Vera is less than a year and is also healthy and smart. We have had a great experience both of the times and would buy both of our furry kids all over again, without hesitation. All of the records were provided very professionally in a folder with all of the medical history, CKC registration documents, and even a few toys.

Jan 11, 2017

My mother and I bought a 9-week old puppy from Larisa on 1/3/17. Our puppy is/was completely healthy. We spent over an hour at Larisa's home going through documents, where to get our puppy microchipped, the best place to get her rabies shot, how to properly care for her, and how to get her AKC registered. During our visit, all the puppies/dogs were very happy and it is easy to tell that Larisa and her daughters genuinely love and adore all of them. You can not expect a house to be spotless with multiple puppies/dogs, so saying they live in "horrendous conditions" is quite the overstatement. I am sorry you are unhappy with your purchase, but defaming someone who tried to accommodate you is completely uncalled for. It is clearly stated in the contract that you can return your puppy within 2 days if it has any health conditions diagnosed by a vet. You seem to care for your new puppy a lot, which is great, but it is not Larisa's fault that you decided to keep him despite his alleged circumstances. We are very satisfied with our decision and I would most definitely recommend Larisa to others. I hope you find reason and have it in your heart to delete this hurtful post.

I love my puppy.

Jan 11, 2017

I bought a 9 week old puppy from Larisa on 1/3/17. Our puppy is/was completely healthy. I spent over an hour at Larisa's home going through documents, where to get the puppy microchipped, the best place to get her rabies shot, how to properly care for her, and how to get her AKC registered. During the visit, all the puppies/dogs were very happy and it is easy to tell that Larisa and her daughters genuinely love and adore all of them. You can not expect a house to be spotless with multiple puppies/dogs, so saying they live in dirty conditions is quite the overstatement. I am sorry you are unhappy with your purchase, but defaming someone who tried to accommodate you is completely uncalled for. It is clearly stated in the contract that you can return your puppy within 2 days if it has any health conditions diagnosed by a vet. You seem to care for your new puppy a lot, but it is not Larisa's fault that you decided to keep him despite his alleged circumstances. We are very satisfied with our decision and I would most definitely recommend Larisa to others. I hope you find reason and have it in your heart to delete this hurtful post.

Jan 12, 2017

We purchased an Apricot Toy Poodle from Larisa Solomon on 12-29-16 and could not have been more than pleased. We selected our puppy from her litter when he was only 2 weeks old and she took such amazing care of him and sent us updates on his progress/weight/ and photos until we could take him home at 8 weeks. Our puppy is smart, calm, has a gorgeous shiny coat, bright eyes and just what we were looking for in an AKC poodle purchase. Mrs. Solomon was very helpful and organized. She gave us detailed information folder and all the up to date vaccination records. She gave us all paperwork to register Benji as AKC dog. Larisa gave us 2 week food sample and told us exactly where to go to purchase high quality food and vaccinations for reasonable price. I am an RN and plan to give vaccinations myself when able. Mrs. Solomon was very professional and my family would definitely purchase an animal from her again and refer her to our friends.

• Ps
      Jan 13, 2017

I purchased a beautiful little 8 week old apricot toy poodle from Larisa Solomon on December 30th 2016. I am very pleased with the beautiful puppy and her good health and personality shows me how well she was cared for. Larisa gave me records of all shots and deworming of the puppy. She explained the AKC paperwork and registration. She gave me a two week sample of the food the puppy was used to eating. She told me where to go to get the medication and vaccinations that would cut out expensive Veterinarian bills. I have Vet assisting schooling and experience so I will be giving vaccinations myself. The mother of my puppy was introduced to me. Her temperament was lovely as were all the others. Having puppies running around in the showing room does result in potty accidents. I'm sure she has her hands full in cleaning up after all the puppies. My puppy is learning puppy pad training very quickly, but I expect accidents. I did notice a shampooer for the carpets in the room. I am pleased with the entire experience of purchasing my puppy from Larisa and will definitely recommend her. I certainly know that my puppy is not from a puppy mill. All the puppies and dogs I saw were healthy, happy and they all appeared to be well taken care of.

• Ps
      Jan 13, 2017

I love my puppy!

• Gg
      Jan 15, 2017

We purchased our puppy on Jan. 8 and we are delighted with her. Larisa spent a long time explaining the care of the puppy. She showed us the medical records and the need for future vaccines. Yesterday we had her new puppy exam. The vet was very pleased with her health. Her stool sample was negative although they did say they need repeat exams for this when they are puppies. Larisa loves her dogs. We met the parents and they had great temperaments.

Kim

• Nb
      Jan 23, 2017

We purchased our beloved puppy from Larisa on 12-5 and she has brought nothing but joy to our lives. She is healthy, happy, smart, and has a very sweet disposition. We love her!

• St
      May 07, 2019

This woman's house just got raided and they took 125 dogs/puppies to the animal shelter for horrendous conditions and her house has been condemned.

• Bn
      May 07, 2019
    Best Best Advice

It’s very obvious that the good reviews are fake! They were all posted within hours/days of the negative review. Her home was condemned so I think it’s fair to say it was everything the original poster said it was. 125 dogs removed some of those dogs were dead and she’s selling these dogs for $800 each. She’s disgusting and anyone who defends her is the same!

• Cu