Largo, FL 33774 / $250 Free gas cirtificate scam

Free GAs
We went to Real estate conference and received $250 gas certificate. To redeem it, you have to choose the Gas station, fill up for $100 every month for 10 months from the same station and send receipts every month for 10 month in exchange for $25 gift card that supposed to arrive 1 to 2 months after you've sent your receipts. We sent Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec, Jan and got notification that it was received and in process. It is 4 month overdue and it seems like a scam. Every time I call, got to hold for about 1 hour, and told that they have problem with either the computer, postal or they actually do not send cards, another company does it for them. None is received so far. Did anybody receive the actual credit gift card from Largo, FL?

A  11th of Feb, 2009 by
I have written to the Attorney General of FL. And the following reply I received is this: Attorney General Bill McCollum’s Office is in receipt of your email
regarding Tidewater Marketing Global Consultants d/b/a freebeegas.com et
al. We are currently investigating the business practices of this company.
Thank you for making us aware of this matter. We will be forwarding a copy
of your complaint to the company requesting that they address your

If this investigation does not bring about some answers I will be checking into a class action law suite. I have statrted a group on tis complaint board. If we could get everyone in one place it would be great.

Financial Investigator
A  25th of Feb, 2009 by
I did the same as you - sent in Oct. through Feb. receipts and have not received any reimbursement. This all after attending a real estate investment seminar, paying $5.00 to Free Gas Central for "processing", getting the promise that it would be returned with the last $25.00 gas gift card at the end of 10 months.
I waited on the phone as you did. I watch the computer messages change from phone problems to new number to no more web site.
I also contacted the Florida Attorney General's office and received the same reply.
A  19th of Mar, 2009 by
I had the same experience - sent in receipts from the same gas station, Mobil, on time from Oct. through February. Free Gas Cental assured me on several phone calls with them in December and January that my debit cards would be coming shortly, but I still haven't received a thing from them. My last set of receipts I sent in mid Febraury were returned to me unopened with a "Return To Sender" stamp on it the end of Febraury. I too filed a complaint with the Attorney General of Florida. Does anyone remeber the name of the Real Estate Guru who was responsible for the seminar? I would like to contact him regarding this and see what he has to say taking advantage of 3 hours of my time at his seminar with empty promises.
Susan DeGennaro
N  24th of Mar, 2009 by
I received 2 separate vouchers. The first was from Ashley Furniture store for $500 worth of gas. The second was for $100 from a car dealership. The website indicates that both can be used, but I must wait to register the second one until my $500 voucher is completed. So I started sending the receipts in November 2008. I always mailed them via certified/registered mail and kept copies of everything. I received emails from them for a few months stating that everything was received and being processed. Then, none of the $25 cards ever arrived. I tried to email them, but their email was not working. I tried to phone them, but received a recorded message indicating that the number was invalid...please check the number and try again. Then my most recent set of receipts which I mailed in (certified/registered mail) was REFUSED and returned to me. I looked online, saw they were experiencing "TECHNICAL TROUBLES" with their 800 numbers, which is just a bunch of crap. Then after doing some more digging and trying to call their "Direct customer support line" that was disconnected or no longer in service. Now, I learned of the investigation into this company and the charges she faces. I am absolutely FURIOUS about this because I was actually willing to save all the receipts each month and send them in, doing exactly what I was required to do to receive a total of $600 in free gas cards from the two vouchers I was given from two separate companies. I read in an article that we should attempt to contact the businesses who gave us the vouchers, so that is where I will start and I will forward my complaint to the Attorney General's office in Florida. The Better Business Bureau will also receive my complaint, which probably won't do much good, seeing as they already have rated the company with an "F" for their practices. What has everyone else done about their unfulfilled vouchers? Any luck?